Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat-Sun, April 6-7, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #2  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy weekend all!!

I'm hoping for a better day today. I have a 15 yr old son with Autism who has had a terrible cold for over a week and now has Strep to boot!
He has never been so sick (knock on wood) in his 15 years! It's so hard because he really can't tell us what's hurting. It's difficult getting meds into him. We actually have to crush them and put them into apple juice (he doesn't eat ice cream, pudding, nor apple sauce so those tricks don't work). We were able to get his first dose in the form of a shot so at least he had a head start! We are hoping that he turns the corner today (will be 48 hours at noontime with antibiotics)!

Through it all Hubby and I have stayed OP. Tho I have to admit that Thursday evening when we were contemplating the ER Hubby said "I could eat all the food in the cabinets right about now". Luckily the thought came and went with no consequences to report. We're so thankful we have one another at a time like this (God Bless all you single parents out there....I know you do it everyday....I just don't know how you do it )!

Hoping it's going to be nice outside today. Would like to start working in the garden and get our son out for some fresh air!!

...let the countdown to Disney continue....TWELVE days!! Hoping our son will be as good as new by then!!

God Bless all!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Happy weekend all!!

I'm hoping for a better day today. I have a 15 yr old son with Autism who has had a terrible cold for over a week and now has Strep to boot!
He has never been so sick (knock on wood) in his 15 years! It's so hard because he really can't tell us what's hurting. It's difficult getting meds into him. We actually have to crush them and put them into apple juice (he doesn't eat ice cream, pudding, nor apple sauce so those tricks don't work). We were able to get his first dose in the form of a shot so at least he had a head start! We are hoping that he turns the corner today (will be 48 hours at noontime with antibiotics)!

Through it all Hubby and I have stayed OP. Tho I have to admit that Thursday evening when we were contemplating the ER Hubby said "I could eat all the food in the cabinets right about now". Luckily the thought came and went with no consequences to report. We're so thankful we have one another at a time like this (God Bless all you single parents out there....I know you do it everyday....I just don't know how you do it )!

Hoping it's going to be nice outside today. Would like to start working in the garden and get our son out for some fresh air!!

...let the countdown to Disney continue....TWELVE days!! Hoping our son will be as good as new by then!!

God Bless all!!!
Good morning,
Hope your son turns the corner today! Hang in there! He will definetly be
better before your trip! Disney is sooooo much fun!

Off to my DD tennis match at 9:30am, and with the wind chill its like 26degrees, ugh!! Not typical tennis weather, gotta dig out the hats and gloves again, yikes!
Final four weekend, rooting for UCONN girls!
Hope everyone has a great OP weekend, they can be the toughest for me,
everyone home and looking for snacks etc. Planning saves me! Lots of veggies cut up and ready to go!
Check in later!

D
Old 04-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Hope your son starts to feel better. The weekend here in Maryland is supposed to be nice Hoping to make it outside also.
Have a good weekend!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #5  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
Hope your son starts to feel better. The weekend here in Maryland is supposed to be nice Hoping to make it outside also.
Have a good weekend!
Hey, we're neighbors! I live in Mt. Airy, but will be in Frederick at Costco later. I have to order a cake for a shower that we are having for a coworker on Tuesday. Another cake that I won't taste, but that's OK. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels, right?

I am hoping the weatherman is right about the good weather this weekend. We want to either reseed our yard or put sod down, because the two dogs have completely DESTROYED our grass. It really depresses me to look at the back yard and almost no grass. But the first step is cleaning up the yard. And there are 20 bags of mulch in our driveway that need to be spread out in the flower bed. I really sort of dislike yard work, but I'm looking forward to being outside in the (hopefully) warm sunshine.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #6  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Happy weekend all!!

God Bless all!!!
I hope your son feels better soon!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #7  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Disgal - hope the son starts feeling better. We lived in FL when I was in elementary and jr high. My parents were soooo burned out on Disney by the time we moved. Of course the kids weren't and now that I'm in San Antonio I have a season pass to both Six Flags and SeaWorld.

I got some of my gardening done last week. Doing things in buckets inside a dog kennel this year to try and save them from the deer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_plants.jpg (58.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #8  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Happy weekend all!!

God Bless all!!!
I hope your son feels better soon! I work with lots of autistic children (I'm a speech therapist) and my hat goes off to you and your husband! Good for you for staying OP through a stressful situation. It's stressful when our "babies" are sick, isn't it? I know your son is 15, but they never stop being our babies, right? Same with mine, and he's 11.

I'm jealous of your Disneyland trip...you will have such a great time! We took our son when he was 7, and we are thinking about going back in a couple of years. When we were there, he got sick the last couple of days. He got sick while we were in the Magic Kingdom, running a slight fever. The next morning, he seemed to feel better, so we kept with our original plan to go to Animal Kingdom. But at about noon, he started feeling bad again and actually asked to go back to the hotel so that he could take a nap! You know your kid is sick when they ask to leave a Disney park!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

We are in New Hampshire this weekend at a brewers weekend. All meals and beer are included but I am in control. Last night before meeting up with everyone we had a wonderful meal. I had steamed brocolli and roasted chicken. So when the group got together and they brought out nachos-loaded potatoes skins-chic wings-etc..along with pitchers of all the beers, I was not hungry or tempted. WAS HAPPY WITH MY BOTTLE OF WATER!! I AM IN CONTROL. This morning egg whites with veggies.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
We are in New Hampshire this weekend at a brewers weekend. All meals and beer are included but I am in control. Last night before meeting up with everyone we had a wonderful meal. I had steamed brocolli and roasted chicken. So when the group got together and they brought out nachos-loaded potatoes skins-chic wings-etc..along with pitchers of all the beers, I was not hungry or tempted. WAS HAPPY WITH MY BOTTLE OF WATER!! I AM IN CONTROL. This morning egg whites with veggies.

Have a wonderful day.

WAY TO STAY OP!
FEELS SO GOOD TO BE SO STRONG!!!
Keep up the great work! and have fun!

D
Old 04-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #11  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Happy weekend all!!

God Bless all!!!
Our 8yr old daughter is a special girl too (hers is a chromosonal deletion), 2 weeks ago we spent 7hrs at the ER with her and I remember looking at all the candy/chips/pop in the vending machines and all my pre IP demons yelling at me!!! DH is not OP but very supportive and I escaped to go to the nearest health food store and demanded "I need 2 low carb protein bars!!". I should have yelled "STAT" LOL! Proved to myself that I can do this, my family needs me fit and healthy, so made it through...
You'd think with all our technology they'd invent something for our kids and meds huh?? Does he have a special toy or something that could "give it to him?" Distraction often works here too...
Big hugs from one special family to another.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Disgal - Hoping that your son is feeling better soon. Wishing for the mess to kick in quickly! You and your are doing a wonderful job. Disney will be here before you know it
Old 04-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #13  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post

Have a wonderful day.
Woohoo! You know what helps me? I'm not a fan of all the IP salty snacks, but I do love kelp chips! Sneak them in everywhere!! Low, low calories and good for you too!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

DW and I are back from a mid-week holiday trip to Calgary, AB - our former home. We needed a break and we both needed to do some shopping. We went to just buy some "interim" clothes because we didn't want to spend a lot for new clothes that we would shrink out of shortly.

Silly us, in doing the pre-trip inventory we both discovered that almost all of clothes are much too big. So...open up the wallet we needed to buy all new wardrobes. Due to our jobs we can't wear casual clothing, so our wallets were hemorrhaging cash.

Trip highlights included: both of us staying on plan. It was rather funny watching the wife mix our protein drinks in the truck and both of us eating sliced cucumbers while cruising down the highway.

Eating at restaurants was no big deal - 8 oz steak and steamed veggies - the places we ate at were more than accommodating - instead of baked potato we asked for a double order of veggies. For lunch we ate in the hotel room, veggies and heated our soup in the microwave.

Clothing wise, I found that I am down from a 3xlt to 2xlt size for my shirts - the biggest surprise was my pants size - went from a 54-56 down to size 48. I honestly don't remember the last time I wore a pants size below 50.

I haven't really had any movement on the scale in the last 8-9 days but that's par for the course with the way my body responds. I obviously have been losing inches - based on my clothing sizes - so it's all good.

Plans for today include making IP compliant sausage for the wife and I today.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #15  

I have to share what happened to me. I was leaving SAMs Club after buying lots of veggies when a woman I didn't know pulled her cart up to me and said " I just want to tell you, you look great in that sweater dress ". Of course, I had to share my story with a complete stranger and say I had lost 90 lbs and her comment meant a lot to me! Nice inspiration as I finish loosing the last 15!
Closed Thread