Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 309/165/159

Default Sagging skin and skin tags

I have gone from 309 to 168 in past year. I am interested in having loose skin removed. Has anyone else had problems with skin tags & discoloration of skin. The surgeon I spoke to said he can't remove all the skin that looks like this but that he would go back and snip off the tags once the skin has healed. I am wondering if other people have seen improvement over time after weight loss. All the tags around my neck are gone. I thought once I lost weight I would just look normal. It affects my movement and makes me feel somewhat less attractive than I wanted to be.

Last edited by baltimora; 06-01-2013 at 05:01 PM.
baltimora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I have skin tags too so am waiting to hear advice on this. I have had a few large ones removed but the small ones remain.

Did your neck ones just go on their own?

Last edited by IanG; 04-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 309/165/159

The neck ones went away with no intervention. Losing the weight made that area stop rubbing. I am hoping the others will get better with skin removal. Despite losing weight my underarms and thighs still rub.

Last edited by baltimora; 05-05-2013 at 08:06 AM.
baltimora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #4  

Congratulations on your amazing weightloss, baltimora!!!

I'm so thankful my skintags went away too. I never had them before I gained weight and now they cured themselves for the most part I assume due to my weightloss.

I just wanted to say I hope you don't always feel unattractive due to the skin color and tags issue. You have accomplished something amazing for yourself and must have so many more redeeming qualities than a couple of little imperfections. I'm not saying that your concerns don't matter but they don't define you. You must have beautiful eyes now that your face is thinner, you must have a stronger body now that you lost weight, your inner body is so much healthier now that the weight is off. Dress yourself up nice, smile at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you are amazing and you did all this for yourself!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Wow. Thanks. If any of my skin tags disappear that would be a real NSV!

Last edited by IanG; 04-05-2013 at 11:02 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255 195.8 150

Height: 5'6

the discoloration is called hyper pigmentation i think and its from the skin rubbing together and causing your skin to make too much pigment. i would think that once the bits that rub are removed the dark areas would go away. but you could always ask a doctor for something to bleach the skin to make it go away also. and for the skin tags you can buy a kit at a pharmacy or even walmart that freezes the tags and they dry up and fall off.
deadkittens is offline   Reply With Quote