Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 11:06 AM   #1  

Wink 300+ and ready to try again...#425

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:10 AM   #2  

Default Good morning lovely ladies!

Sorry I've been so quiet lately. I don't know what my deal was, guess I just didn't have much to say. Eating has been fair and exercise good. I lost another pound last week and I'm going to have to face the facts and get some new clothes. I don't want to though. Something inside me just doesn't want to buy new ones. I have figured it out yet.

I missed you girls! I've got some reading to do.. basically threads 422-424 (gasp). Check back later!

Ta, ta
Old 10-13-2003, 12:14 PM   #3  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

This is what happens when you write posts between IM'ing with a friend. You don't seen that the thread has ended before you post!

Hey everyone

Sandy, those are two beautiful children! The campground looked absolutely beautiful as well. All that color It makes me miss the years I worked up at a ski resort. Leaves are beginning to think of changing colors here, but they aren't getting serious yet. We can still catch color if we go for a drive up the canyon, though.

Tina, evening WI's? ugh! You are a far more brave woman than I am. I wear shoes to mine and all, but I wear the same workout clothes, wait until my hair is completely dry from the shower and never, ever without a potty stop first! I'm getting better about worrying over a couple ounces of water and a snack first thing, though. It isn't worth the blood sugar crash if I don't. And I wish I was totally out of the backwards scale thinking. I know my body is much smaller, but I do so want to be under the 300 mark!

Terri, plateau land is such a frustrating thing. I can understand the point Dr. Phil is making about trading one obsession for another with journaling our foods and all, but isn't it a healthier one? Journaling, to me, is taking responsibility for our health and what we are putting into our bodies. And a strict journal can tell you if you are honestly on a plateau and need to wait it through, or if you have been secretly cheating yourself out of making it to the next milestone. If you are at a plateau, your body needs you to wait it out while it catches up.

Pam, I'm so glad you got a good night's sleep. I've been a bit worried about you and all the hours you are putting in. *hugs* Besides, I'm selfish and miss your posts.

Syn, this is a boot to your butt. Get to the doctor for your blood pressure meds!

J-ann, sounds like you have a good week planned. Reading a good book while it rains outside your window... yes, that was a wistful sigh you heard all the way from Southern Utah!

Thin, thanks for forwarding Syn's post.

Mary, I'm having massive guilt for not being able to make chats! I'm 2 hours off eastern time, so those are during busy time in our house. I'll try really hard to make it to one this week. Your posts sound so lonely.

Ok, I'm going to go do some straightening up around this place and then find something fun to do for a couple of hours. I have the day off from one of my jobs, and I am reveling in the quiet of this house!

Andria
Old 10-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! WOW, imagine my surprise when our thread was down at the bottom today. Geez, where is everyone?

I'm on my way out of town. I just wanted to check in before I leave. Don't let us fade away into the unknown while I'm gone, ok?

Also, wish me luck dealing with Mr. and Mrs. Drama for three days.

I love you all. Behave yourselves while I'm gone. *teehee*
Old 10-13-2003, 07:42 PM   #5  

Default Hello all you Chick's

I know you are probably on the floor after falling down when you saw post.

Get up!!!

You will see why I haven't posted when after all of this time I still don't have anything to say!!!!

This is my raking, hauling, & burning time of the year and my days are numbered in order to get everything done.

As far as dieting goes I am plugging along.

Terri: Exercising at 5:30AM - good for you. I get up at 5:30AM already and haven't convinced my body to do 5AM so I can get in some exercise. YET! I keep trying.

Tina: Congrats on "Twoterville". I got those WATP tapes and really like them. Do you do them every day? Alternate 1,2,&3 mile? Inquiring minds want to know! Okay so it's just me but MAYBE others are curious too!

Syn: I was happy to see you posting. You must have moved away from the great state I am in!!!!!

Thin: You brave girl - coloring your own hair. I always think I should but chicken out and head to a "pro".

I wish I was with you at the flea market.

Well, I think that is about all I can do in one post!!!! I am out of practice ya know.

Talk to you REAL soon.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:21 PM   #6  

Hey everyone

I am so ready to get back on an eating plan. Since I can't afford to do the low carb one right now, I'm going to have to work on portion control and keeping carb counts lower, I guess? Maintaining has been nice. Eating whatever I've wanted and not gaining back has been incredible. I'm not complaining! But I'm ready to get back to work. Who was going to build up higher sides on that wagon? I'll bring the hammer and nails.
I am so sick of being fat!

Andria
Old 10-13-2003, 10:09 PM   #7  

Quote:
I am so sick of being fat!
I hear ya Andria.

Hmmmm, since no one is posting I guess "I" have to keep this thread going. I can't wait until 2Cute reads this post - she will me.

Night all.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:17 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Darn vacation..... I met some friends this afternoon and we talked and talked and I forgot the time. Missed my WW meeting. Oh well, I know I'm in Twoterville but I'll wait til next week to make it official.

Off to beddy bye.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:50 PM   #9  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Holy Crap!

Am I glad I decided to check in here tonight.....

Lucky, my girl.... how the heck are you?! Long time, no see. Of course, that doesn't mean, long time....no THINK. I think about you all the time and wonder how you are and what you're doing. SO good to see you. PLEASE stay with us, ok? Also, since 2cute hasn't wandered onto the thread yet, I'll do this for her...... Shame on you for being gone so long! Now that I'm done yelling and beating you, I will answer your question. I DO alternate the WATP videos. I started out doing 1mile, then 2mile, then 1mile, then 2. Now, I don't feel like the 1mile really challenges me enough, so I rotate the two and three mile OR sometimes I'll do the one mile, and then pop the two mile in. (for a total of 3) I'm always mixing it up so it doesn't get boring. Sometimes I use the belt, sometimes I use weights and sometimes I use the stretchie, it just depends on my mood..... although I have to say the weights make me sweat a whole lot more.

Now, onto my WI. (not Wisconsin) I didn't go. I was HUGELY disappointed. I got ready.....got all my stuff together, (even had my check wrote out) and opened the door and my car was gone! Don't panic.....dh just took it to take Trey to football practice. You want to talk about ? That's a man that should have feared for his life. His truck is a stickshift and I can't drive one, so I didn't get to go. The sucky part is, because of my work schedule and when the rest of the meetings are held this week, I can't go until Sunday. Needless to say, I let him know of my unhappiness when he got home, but I couldn't hardly stay mad because I know he didn't do it on purpose. He knows how important my meetings are to me and he would NEVER to anything to detour me.

So.... that is my report. There is NOTHING to report.

I will be here tomorrow somewhere around eleven hundred hours. Until that time, at ease men.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:54 PM   #10  

Evening Girlies,

Tina, and Lucky, the watp videos have saved my life I do believe, I started out like gangbusters doing 6 days a wk, I am up to the 2 mile tape--takes me about 32 mins, I have been doing that for a good while, Tina, I had not thought about doing the one and 2 together, maybe will try it, I am a little bored with the 2 mile guess my body is telling me it is not challenged enough. NEVER THOUGHT THOSE WORDS WOULD COME OUT OF THIS OLD GIRLS MOUTH :lol

J-ann Twoterville for you too! wow!!! please you twoters do not leave us!!! (I mean of course you are doing fantastic!! I am so proud of both of you, but, just because you are "losers" and below us 300 chicks doesnt mean you can leave us...I would hunt you both down like an old dog Seriously, stay with us. I am sure you were planning on it anyway.

I too hear you Andria, AND I COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE, I AM SICK OF IT, SICK TO DEATH OF IT, (PARDON THE PUN, BUT IT IS TRUE, I DID FEEL LIKE I WAS KILLING MYSELF WITH ALL THAT FOOD I USE TO CONSUME, BUT NOT ANYMORE AND I AM EVER GRATEFUL

THIN, hurry back

Natalie, glad to see you back, and thanks for starting our new thread for us. Hope you hang around now.

Mary, talk to us!! I know you are there, you post but we love you and want you to share. I can come to Mississippi if I have to!! I can drive down and scoop you up and take you off, FOLKS WOULD JUST MOVE OVER! WE WOULD BE THE NEXT THELMA AND LOUISE!! *WELL MAYBE NOT THELMA AND LOUISE!! REMEMBER WHAT THEY DID IN THE END?? NO DRIVING OFF A CLIFF FOR ME!! I HAVE GOT TOO MUCH LIVING TO DO! BUT DO LETS GET TOGEHTER SOON. I LOVE THE FALL, BEST TIME OF THE YEAR! WHATA YA SAY?

Sandy, great pictures of the little ones! Glad you had a good trip, beautiful place, I could just sit on the bank of that lake and, well thats just it, I could sit.................ahhhhhh, heaven, that would be heaven to me right now

night all, more later
Old 10-14-2003, 07:07 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin, (j-ann rubs the sleepies out of her eyes and considers starting her day. )

Quote:
Originally posted by pjkdreamer
[J-ann Twoterville for you too! wow!!! please you twoters do not leave us!!! (I mean of course you are doing fantastic!! I am so proud of both of you, but, just because you are "losers" and below us 300 chicks doesnt mean you can leave us...I would hunt you both down like an old dog Seriously, stay with us. I am sure you were planning on it anyway.
Thank you! I'm not going anywhere. I know a fantastic group when I find one.

Time to hit the shower....ttyl
Old 10-14-2003, 07:53 AM   #12  

Dear Friends,

I know in time of need you all pray for each other. Right now my husbands family needs prayers beyond belief as well as the others that are missing. We all know and have heard that fishing is a hard and dangerous living. Now, our family has lost one of it's own to the sea. Please read. Ralph "Bubba" Boynton is my husbands first cousin. I pray that they are held up on some island out in the middle of nowhere and will be found, but the hope is getting grimmer and grimmer.

This is the link. The boat has been missing since Friday.
http://www.pressherald.com/news/stat...4missing.shtml

Thanks in advance for your prayers.

Here is a second link to the article in the same paper...just so you can understand why a boat was out in the high waves. The government is making it so hard for fisherman to make a living that these men are putting themselves and their families at risk.
http://www.pressherald.com/news/stat...ishermen.shtml

Last edited by peekabooangel; 10-14-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:23 AM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

HI everybody !!! Here I am... down here !!!!!

I only have a few minutes... but that is a few minutes more than I have had lately.
What a NICE surprise to see our own little Luckylady back home.
Since Tina took care of the for me... LOL .. I will just give you an old fashion It is soooooo good to see you again.

Sorry ladies I have been MIA again. I spent 5 days in OKC with my daughter.. and her computer crashed the day before I got there. Since home... I have been running my head off. PLUS... I have someone staying in my guest room and that is where MY computer is... so I have not been able to get on line.

I have not read all that I missed.... just skimmed to see if there were any newcomers or birthdays I missed. I will try to get caught up reading sometime soon.
I have an appointment this morning so I can't chat now either.
I just did not want anyone to think I disappeared permanently.
Have a great day !!!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 10:16 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Sandy my prayers are with you and your family
Old 10-14-2003, 11:05 AM   #15  

Sandy,

I read the stories, and my eyes just teared up. People forget so easily the hard and sometimes dangerous work that goes into providing the food we see on our dinner tables. I'll keep those men and their families in our prayers. *HUGS* to you as well.

Andria
Closed Thread