Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #1  
Ideal protein user!

S/C/G: 179/158/145

Height: 5'6

Exclamation Taking a quick break

I'm having doubts about taking a mini two day break.
this week has be so tough, i mean, I can;t compose a sentence that can describe the amount of pressure i have been in but its not over yet!
I feel sick, weak, and just horrible in general. My mom advised that I have a planned cheat, and that I can continue the diet after.
I had to miss work tonight because I just felt dizzy and plain out weak.
I don't mind the "geting back into ketosis" part, and I have pretty good will power [my parents bought a lot of my fav chocolates for easter and I didn't even touch them once or felt like I needed to eat it]. I just want to feel normal again for a day or two, and just get back into it fresh and strong.
A little help?
grazi393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

It is definitely harder to get back into it once you go off ip.

Could you mix up your current eating to make things a little different but stay op? Try some new veggies, cook your meat differently, use some new spices, make some of the packet recipes?

If not, I seriously recommend writing down all the reasons you are doing ip, and why you need the break. If you still feel like it is an absolute must keep your list to remind yourself what you are doing and why when you restart.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #3  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Sorry that you are not feeling good.

Why if you are on IP would your family buy you something that is not allowed on your diet? Do they not think it 's a good idea you are on IP?

If your plan is to be on IP ..... IMO! No breaks unless there is a medical reason for it. Starting and stopping is not the way to achieve a weight loss goal...IMO

If you are having a hard time maybe you may want to reconsider ...if IP is right for you!

To me it makes no sense laying out the money and not doing the program!!

Maybe a program with more flexibility would be better for you

Feel better , Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #4  
Ideal protein user!

Thank you.
Yes, I am pretty confident that I can go back 100%, I'm coming home at 2am some nights from work, then having to do hours of AP calculus homework. My work involves A LOT of walking and bending down, picking things up. I have multiple had tests this week. I have an Interview in boston tomorrow with my dad for FAFSA and it's just too much. I rather not feel weak and crappy during the rest of this week. Im 18 and I feel like im 159503 years old.

Last edited by grazi393; 04-03-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #5  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

It could be that your electrolytes are low. Try drinking some Powerade Zero. It usually helps me when I'm feeling extra sluggish and not quite right.

You have to do what you wind up feeling is best and there will be a ton of reasons to give yourself to take a break. Unfortunately for every reason you tell yourself to stop for a couple of days there will probably be 3 as to why you shouldn't restart "right now." "Not the right time, As soon as I'm done with XYZ, I'll do it Monday (Tuesday, next weekend, the 1st of the month...)" It's easier to stay the course than make the navigational corrections to get back on it. Just my $.02
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #6  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazi393 View Post
this week has be so tough, i mean, I can;t compose a sentence that can describe the amount of pressure i have been in but its not over yet!
I feel sick, weak, and just horrible in general. My mom advised that I have a planned cheat, and that I can continue the diet after.
I don't mind the "geting back into ketosis" part, and I have pretty good will power [my parents bought a lot of my fav chocolates for easter and I didn't even touch them once or felt like I needed to eat it]. I just want to feel normal again for a day or two, and just get back into it fresh and strong.
A little help?
First of all, if you NEED to do a break, then do it. I know a lot of people on this diet will say no, no, no, no, but if you cannot function correctly then do what you need to do.

On the other hand, some of your symptoms seem to me to be lack of food. If you are eating 100% OP, and you have an active job there's a possibility you're NOT getting enough calories to sustain your energy level.

I went on vacation for 2 weeks, and I spent the first week hiking up and down the sidewalks of hilly San Francisco. I had up my food intake the equivalent of an extra packet of food a day.

Also, if you are eating only very lean meat, I suggest trying some meat with more fat, or adding an extra 1-2 tsp of olive or grapeseed or coconut oil a day. When I got very weak feeling, that's what I needed to get back on track with feeling better.

Do what is right for you. You know the results of "cheating" and that it slows down the diet. But seriously, if you cannot function... This has to be what's best for YOU.

Hope the best for you.

Yes, try the Powerade Zero, too. I forgot about the electrolytes!

Last edited by leannekarella; 04-03-2013 at 06:17 PM.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #7  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
It is definitely harder to get back into it once you go off ip.
A friend of mine went off for a little over a month and has struggled now for 3 months to go back on it. She had been on it for 4+ months before that.

Maybe eat more protein, split it up, eat another packet.... or it could be your electrolytes?
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #8  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I feel sick, weak, and just horrible in general. My mom advised that I have a planned cheat,th and at I can continue the diet after.
A little help?
I'd advise against taking a break.

However, I've just been reading some of your recent responses to other posts on this thread, and can now see that your normal day is very active and I think you need to add another packet... maybe an afternoon snack? It should help you not feel so weak and sick.

A final suggestion... if you feel you truly need a change of pace, maybe try eating according to the P2 protocol for a couple of days? That way you'll get approximately 200 more cals/day, and the change & flexibility of eating 'real food', but you'll still be low carb and shouldn't go out of ketosis. So it will be easier to bounce back to P1 when you're ready. And if you feel you need it for energy on your busy days, still go ahead and take an extra low carb/high protein snack.

I'm attaching the P1 & P2 protocol sheets below for your easy review.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PHASE ONE IDEAL PROTEIN.pdf (314.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf phase-2-ideal-protein.pdf (58.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by evepet; 04-03-2013 at 06:23 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #9  
Ideal protein user!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
First of all, if you NEED to do a break, then do it. I know a lot of people on this diet will say no, no, no, no, but if you cannot function correctly then do what you need to do.

On the other hand, some of your symptoms seem to me to be lack of food. If you are eating 100% OP, and you have an active job there's a possibility you're NOT getting enough calories to sustain your energy level.

I went on vacation for 2 weeks, and I spent the first week hiking up and down the sidewalks of hilly San Francisco. I had up my food intake the equivalent of an extra packet of food a day.

Also, if you are eating only very lean meat, I suggest trying some meat with more fat, or adding an extra 1-2 tsp of olive or grapeseed or coconut oil a day. When I got very weak feeling, that's what I needed to get back on track with feeling better.

Do what is right for you. You know the results of "cheating" and that it slows down the diet. But seriously, if you cannot function... This has to be what's best for YOU.

Hope the best for you.
Thank you so much!
I feel like I am making the best decision for me. I know the consequences and I can honestly say that I'm not making excuses to eat. Even before IP I ate healthy, did Insanity, and ran 3 miles a few times a week. I have stuff going on with my thyroid so I know that IP is a really good choice for me. :]
Old 04-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #10  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Hmmm...just curious...did anybody notice that grazi is 18? At 18 does she need IP? Seems a little radical for such a young woman, how much stored fat could she have?
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #11  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Hmmm...just curious...did anybody notice that grazi is 18? At 18 does she need IP? Seems a little radical for such a young woman, how much stored fat could she have?
I was 230 lbs at 18. Overweight is overweight. I wish I'd had something like this diet at 18 rather than at 40 and 330 lbs!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #12  
Ideal protein user!

I started IP at 179, was in OK shape and I wanted to lose weight to be at a healthy weight. It is around 145lbs ( am now at 155lbs) Because of thyroid problems it is almost impossible to lose weight, I found out about IP and decided to try it. It has been wonderful, and I've been feeling good about myself and how I looked.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #13  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

When you decide to get back to phase I, you should consider having a 4th non-restricted packet on days you are very active.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #14  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
I started IP at 179, was in OK shape and I wanted to lose weight to be at a healthy weight. It is around 145lbs ( am now at 155lbs) Because of thyroid problems it is almost impossible to lose weight, I found out about IP and decided to try it. It has been wonderful, and I've been feeling good about myself and how I looked.
Ah, okay, makes sense...not judging, I wish I had help at 18 too believe me!! Just making sure you're making healthy decisions, you sounded quite distraught. These ladies know how this program works, take their advice and you'll do great! I've had a few "feel like crap" days too and water, water, water...whether herbal tea or whatever, and yes, I did take an extra pack often to get me through with these ladies' advice. Happens, part of the process
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #15  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

grazi393 - I just wanted to give you a big hug!
I think you are an amazing 18 year old! I hope your parents appreciate what a thoughtful, articulate, level-headed Senior High School Student they have in their midst. Hang in there! This crazy schedule you're living with school, work and homework will eventually have to calm down.
I wish you the Best of Luck! And catch some shut-eye every chance you get; your body needs the rest! ~Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 04-04-2013 at 12:21 AM.
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote