Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/164/140

Height: 5'5

Default Newb from England, clean eater :)

Hi everyone,

I'm 25 from Tyne & Wear, England.

I have joined today because the weight is slowly creeping back up, for 12 weeks running up to Christmas I did a bootcamp/eat clean programme and lost 17lbs and 55cm in total off my body. I may add pics if i find a clean eating thread...

Anyway as i said the weight has crept back on and after being "good" for a couple of weeks i was weighing in about 165 then after the easter holidays/drinks/parties just this morning i am at 171 which is mental, does anybody else fluctuate this much i mean 6lbs in leas than a week!

Just to mention when i first started trying to lose weight about 2 years ago i was 198lbs. Happy that I've kept 27lbs off but weirdly i feel the biggest I've ever felt!!

I have signed up for a 6 week bootcamp programme but this does not start until May 12th, and I'm here now looking for support and motivation to help shift a few lbs before i weigh in with my trainer in May.

Thanks for reading and i look forward to getting to know you guys xxx
Missthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #2  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

I don't like to think of weight loss as going on a diet because then it feels like losing weight is an option that I can choose to continue with or stop doing. Rather, I prefer to think of weight loss as a lifestyle change where there are no options because I have already made the choice to change what I eat and how much I exercise.

In regards to your weight change, I've gone the other way. Three days ago I was 164, then two days ago I was 165, yesterday I was 163 and today I weighed at 162. Tomorrow I reckon I'll be back at 165! Anyway, to answer your question: yes, fluctuations are normal. I've heard people talking about water-weight affecting the scales, and it also the foods and drink you consumed will affect your weight too. Because my weight changes everyday and can't decide if I'm heavier or lighter, you may find that it is lower tomorrow. If not, don't fret because you can do things to bring it back down (Last month I was bombarded with weddings and dinners, so I know what you mean!)

Weight loss is 80% what you eat and the rest comes off with frequent exercise. If you want to shed a few pounds before your boot camp, I suggest changing the foods you eat and reading the labels on the foods you buy (I'm forever doing this!), and going for 30 minute walks 3-5 days a week.

Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote