Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #1  

Default Fitness Boot Camp

I have signed up for a fitness boot camp which starts 4/1 and I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'm doing it through the Fitness Connection here in NC and I wanted to see if anyone out there has done this and ask how tough it was. I need to kickstart my weightloss somehow but I'm 220 pounds and I'm not sure if I can do this. Need as much support as possible.
niko5298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko5298 View Post
I have signed up for a fitness boot camp which starts 4/1 and I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'm doing it through the Fitness Connection here in NC and I wanted to see if anyone out there has done this and ask how tough it was. I need to kickstart my weightloss somehow but I'm 220 pounds and I'm not sure if I can do this. Need as much support as possible.
I did a boot camp once and said never again. The one I went to had everyone doing the same thing. If you are a beginner you need to have different levels for all people in a boot camp. I started back working out at 220 just like you. I have lost 11lbs doing HASfit. HASfit is free and is available on YouTube. You can also burn the workouts to DVD. I just don't think you have to kill yourself in order to lose weight. I started doing one ten min workout a day for five or six days a week. After that, I did two 10 min workouts (20 mins) for five or six days a week. I now workout four or five days a week. I do abs and arms on the same day and cardio on the other days. I also have an old aerobic step that I have started back using. I recently purchased a medicine ball and stability ball. Just get moving, eat right, drink a lot of water and the weight will come off. You can do it!

Psst, I'm frugal so I enjoy doing the YouTube workouts and other inexpensive workout DVDs. My treadmill recently broke down and instead of buying a new treadmill, I started doing workout DVDs. You can also walk around the neighborhood, ride a bike outdoors, yard work, etc.

Last edited by pcdoctor01; 04-02-2013 at 07:51 PM.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #3  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Niko, I've never done it...BUT... I started doing rugby training at 250+ I was very out of shape and some of the stuff we do is similar to boot camp stuff. It will make you a lot fitter - yes, you can do something easier to lose weight. BUT if you want to be really fit you have to push yourself. The key is just not to give up. If you can only do 5 of whatever this week - next week aim for 6 or 7.

I remember sitting in the car before my first training session and feeling literally sick to my stomach. I'm really glad I didn't chicken out.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #4  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Ooops - just noticed it's already started. How did it go??
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote