Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #1  

Default Strength Training Videos Online or DVD

Do any of you use any strength training videos on youtube or dvd?

I'm trying to find out how to strength train and maybe clean up some of this flab left on my body but want to do it in the privacy of my own home.

I have a set of 3/5/8lb weights and not much else...but I can order anything useful online, I just don't want to waste more money on things that are no good.

I get my cardio in for the week on my treadmill, my recumbent bike, walking in my neighborhood, Leslie Sansone videos and just started C25K (in week 2). I just want to add on to what I already do.

Thanks for any guidance, I feel so lost.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Maybe consider Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? There's a few of us doing it, I'm streaming it off YouTube.
SugarRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

My husband and I like "Got Bands?" and we got it off Amazon. It's a resistance bands DVD and those can really kick your butt if you're not used to it. We've been doing it for about 8 months and are onto the "Heavy" bands. You don't necessarily need videos to strength train but it sure can help! I find videos really keep me focused and I don't half-a$$ the movements quite so much.

We've also incorporated a few body strength exercises like planks and pushups into our routine. Strength training doesn't always have to be with barbells, dumbells, kettleballs, or bands! You can just use your own bodyweight!
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #4  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Looks like you have a nice exercise routine there elvislover!

I use the ChaLean Extreme system. It is kinda pricey and you do need heavier weights at home. Basically the program has 3 different phases and it last for 3 months...you do different workouts during the week.

When I did the program I only did the Circuits (so 3 days per week) and it shaped and defined my body very well. I still throw in a circuit once a week. I'm very happy with the investment.

You should also check out FitnessBlender on YouTube. There are a variety of videos on that channel that focuses on weights and bodyweight exercises.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide99 View Post
You should also check out FitnessBlender on YouTube. There are a variety of videos on that channel that focuses on weights and bodyweight exercises.
!!! I am a newbie www.FitnessBlender.com groupie! GREAT site
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #6  

I'm doing a mix of Insanity and TRX training for both strength, cardio and overall agility. The TRX is great because it's a very multifaceted piece of equipment and you don't need to tinker around with anything or change equipment to adjust the resistance. If it's too hard, step back a little. If it's too easy, move forward. You can hit every muscle and there are tons of YouTube videos that provide routines or individual exercises. You can also get a good, very deep stretch using it after your workout.

All you need is a beam or fairly sturdy door to hang it from.
Cynder is offline   Reply With Quote