Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

I just checked my box and searched online. The kind I took were pill form and did have sucrose, but it was 2nd to last ingredient, so I am sure it was a small amount. Since I don't have much experience with exlax I had forgotten about the chocolate kind. I think maybe that is the type that has all those bad things you mentioned......Sigh of relief. If I was putting a chocolate square in my mouth I definately would have checked ingredients!
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #17  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

There's no problem using Ex lax pills sparingly - but they are a strong stimulant and cause a lot of cramping and can cause dehydration. They aren't usually recommended because there are MANY other, slower acting products out there that wont' inflame your guts. But when you need the strong stuff, you need the strong stuff
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 173.4/161.6/130

Height: 5'5"

I am new to the IP diet and the forum...But I am in a similar situation where I was losing 4 pounds a week for the first three weeks--> Not cheating even the slightest.

I went to my weigh in and saw no scale weight change, BUT I did my BMI test and gained 1.2 pounds of muscle. So my inches were down, my fat % was down but my muscle mass was up and so was my metabolism.

These are things to remember if your scale number isn't changing. Your body is still improving, but you might be gaining muscle and lowering your metabolism which is awesome!

Also, for women they retain water when approaching their cycles and constipation will affect the scale number. Drink lots of water and make sure you get your salt to balance out your electrolytes and avoid dehyrdation.

All of other comments are great as well; I learned alot from this thread!

Cheers.
GeoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

I was up 2 lbs last week but I was bloated & miserable. The big C definitely makes a difference. I'm already down that 2 lbs plus some since the weigh in after my system straightened out a little. I've decided to put my scale up and not stress in between weigh ins. It is what it is..... and I am eating so much better than I use to, so I'm not going to beat myself up over the numbers. If you have been doing that well I would just stay on plan, find something that gets the plumbing working and just trust the plan. Because you can see from your prior weeks it definitely works!
TNmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #20  
started IP 03/18/13

S/C/G: 233/174/180

Height: 6'

To the Op, how are you doing now?
cdnmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote