Old 03-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #1  

Height: Short... Lol

Default Ideal Protein Diet

Started yesterday.... 1st day was HARD HARD HARD!!!!
Today was an ity bit better except its Easter and our family went out for Easter dinner and it was extremely hard to say No to all my favorite foods but I did it. One day at a time. I use to be able to lose weight easier before a complete hysterectomy and hormone replacements at 43.... I can do this!
Nursefunsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/152/140

Height: 5'4"

I've just been on the diet a little over two weeks. My first couple of days were the roughest. I too am taking it one day at a time. It gets easier...you will find things that work for you. Wishing you the best of luck.
musicsmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #3  

Hi! I also started the diet yesterday. I have about 20 pounds to loose. I think we should share recipes and gives us support. Good luck!!!
Ferfer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #4  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

As you will read in a lot of threads on here, the first week is the hardest. Stick it out and you will be SO PROUD that you did! It is definitely worth the sacrifice to be healthy and feel good about yourself. I've been doing IP for about 3.5 weeks and have lost 20 pounds! That is definitely the motivation for me. Also, every time I'm able to resist a want I feel stronger and more committed to myself and my journey to the skinny girl. It WILL get easier, I promise. Sam
shoediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: re-start date 4/1/13

Height: 5'5"

Good luck! I am re-starting tomorrow! We will cheer each other on! You were very courageous to start just before Easter! Great job!
iwiggy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/230/190

Height: 5'10"

I am very impressed that you even started the plan yesterday...the day before a holiday. Going out to dinner is a huge challenge. You got through a tough day....You can do this! Just like they say, take it one day at a time.

Last edited by SleepyT; 03-31-2013 at 10:20 PM.
SleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #7  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursefunsize View Post
Today was an ity bit better except its Easter and our family went out for Easter dinner and it was extremely hard to say No to all my favorite foods but I did it. One day at a time. I use to be able to lose weight easier before a complete hysterectomy and hormone replacements at 43.... I can do this!
Great job Nursefunsize!
You can do this! I'll start my reboot tomorrow, so looking forward to do this with the support of this amazing group of people
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursefunsize View Post
Tough day to start!! Like everyone else says it does get easier!! I've been at it since Jan 21st and I have to say that (minus the week "off" on vacation) I love the "routine" of the diet! One definite suggestion is to set up an account on www.myfitnesspal.com if you haven't already. Although I hated recording "points" while on WW, I really like recording what I eat on MFP.

I also thing the "routine" of IP is very important in ingraining the fact that this is a lifestyle change. I find myself thinking about everything that goes into my body, which is completely different then the "past" me!

On my journey I have learned that I get hungry and sometimes crave something to eat when everyone around you is mowing down on all my "ex"-favourite foods. My trick is to find a replacement which, for me, is hot tea with a touch of non-fat milk. For me it takes care of the need for food at the time.
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #9  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Today is day 7 for my husband and me. Day 1 was terrible for me, but that was the only day of discomfort. Easter dinner was tough (not gonna lie), but we made it through.

Good luck!
GetYa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
As you will read in a lot of threads on here, the first week is the hardest. Stick it out and you will be SO PROUD that you did! It is definitely worth the sacrifice to be healthy and feel good about yourself. I've been doing IP for about 3.5 weeks and have lost 20 pounds! That is definitely the motivation for me. Also, every time I'm able to resist a want I feel stronger and more committed to myself and my journey to the skinny girl. It WILL get easier, I promise. Sam

20 lbs already is amazing! Good work
qballmhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #11  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I too love the routine of the diet. I started on January 11th and I'm down almost 32 lbs....very very close to my goal weight. I actually have started to phase off (I'm in P2 and start P3 on Friday). I'm amazed at how well the diet worked and feel awesome. No more BP meds too which makes it even more worth while. Yes the first few days were tough but remember how tough those days were and it will help to keep you OP as you won't want to go through that again.

Good luck!
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Cheeky,
I bet you look great. Awesome job. Is this your first time on the IP diet? I am curious on how you are phasing off....
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #13  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Yes this is my first time on IP. I go to a coach and have stuck with all IP products and supplements. I'm doing P2 for a week and then P3 for two weeks. I will continue to write everything down I eat and I think I'll continue going to my coach when I first get into maintenance...just in case I need to tweak anything I'm eating.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #14  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I too love the routine of the diet. I started on January 11th and I'm down almost 32 lbs....very very close to my goal weight. I actually have started to phase off (I'm in P2 and start P3 on Friday). I'm amazed at how well the diet worked and feel awesome. No more BP meds too which makes it even more worth while. Yes the first few days were tough but remember how tough those days were and it will help to keep you OP as you won't want to go through that again.

Good luck!
So inspiring! Great job, Cheekyskeeter.
GetYa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #15  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Thanks qballmhm! The weight coming off is definitely making it worth the work for me. I am down another 2 pounds as of this morning, woot woot!
shoediva is offline   Reply With Quote