Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #1  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Fitness victories!!!

I know people are sharing fitness NSV's ... but thought it might be quite inspirational to see them in one thread.

Here's mine: This past week or so I no longer feel a consuming sense of dread when a coach or trainer says "Shuttle runs"
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #2  

I finished my first week of the C25K yesterday and I feel like a million bucks! Now...to get ready for the increased challenge next week, bring it on!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:36 AM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

This past week I ran my first 5k without walking.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #4  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

This past week I surpassed 100,000 earned Nike Fuel points with my Nike FuelBand that I've been using religiously to track activity for the last month... And on top of my running and all the other stuff I've been doing to be "more active" I've managed to average well over 10,000 steps a day since I got the thing... I think I'm secretly addicted... Lol...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #5  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Okay, I gotta say, I still hatehatehate shuttle runs....they always end up being shuttle jogs for me.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I finished my first week of the C25K yesterday and I feel like a million bucks! Now...to get ready for the increased challenge next week, bring it on!!
I finished my first DAY of C25K and I feel like a million bucks too!
Angelic Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #7  
Trying for normal

That's so good, y'all. C25K is amazing. Gatorgirl - that is fantastic! (I still hate your football team...grrrr).

Tripswitch - tell me more about the fuelband. I have been tracking some of my activity in RunKeeper, but it doesn't take account of other stuff I do - like rugby training, etc.

Ha! Cheryl. I never said I didn't HATE them. I still hate them. But I no longer want to shout "I QUIT!!! No, not just the shuttle run EVERYTHING" But in much more colourful language before they even start. Show me a person that loves shuttle runs and I'll show you a person that needs smacking. There's a reason people get an evil glint in their eye when they order you to do shuttles. Rugby training shuttles are awful...you have to throw yourself down into the mud at every cone. Bless my teammate Foxy who managed to negotiate us down to just the cones out and not the starting cone as well last time!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #8  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

AlmostMe... The FuelBand is like a little rubber bracelet that you wear and it tracks activity, and steps... and estimates calories burned as well... And whatever activity you do you also earn Nike fuel points... So you set a daily goal and you go out do whatever to earn them... So I've found that pretty addictive and I'll just do a lot of extra stuff just to earn more "fuel" during the course of the day... Sort of gimmicky I know, but for the most part I'm finding it pretty fun... And from what I can gather from the way the thing works it should work well for earning "fuel" points from an activity like rugby with all the movement and running around, and it would give you estimates of steps taken and calories burned for it too...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

(Currently doing Chalean Extreme)

I get excited and happy when Chalene says 'push ups'!!! Never thought I'd love doing them.
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:50 PM   #10  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

AlmostMe - 2 things. 1. We will have to agree to disagree on football. I practically bleed orange and blue. 2. I was not expecting rugby to be mentioned. I honestly never expect it to come up, because it rarely does in the states. I took it out of my signature, but it used to say "break a leg, play rugby." ... Because I did. In any case, what position do you play? I was a lock.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #11  
Trying for normal

Gatorgirl - I just bleed pure orange. Southern by birth, Vol by the grace of God. (Although I have felt pretty tested lately.) I live in SW London now - and my club is one of the founding clubs of the RFU.

I suppose somebody has to go in the 2nd row. I'm a prop. I'm 42 and I just started this year. Love it!! Wish I'd played earlier....cos I won't have a long career. But I have a son who's 5 and definitely made for the forward pack. I don't want to push him too hard, but I hope he sticks with it. I'm working on building up my coaching qualifications, and my long term goal is to be fit enough to ref kids' games, so hopefully I'll have a long association with the sport. There aren't any women coaches in my club, and I want to be able to support girls in the sport even though I don't have daughters.

My major fitness victory is to play a whole match -which I did last week. But I feel like a failure because I held back. We had no subs, were down to 14 and I wanted to save myself for scrummaging. I nearly cried in the locker room at the end of the match because I didn't give everything.

Tripswitch, I don't think I'd be allowed to wear it even in training. Certainly not in a match. Too much risk of injuring myself or someone else.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #12  
Trying for normal

Jez - I'm so impressed by your lifting!! I'm not working on weights right now, but I sure will be as soon. My trainer and I are planning to go straight into pre-season training when rugby season ends.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I had to look up shuttle runs because I had never heard of them. Oh, they do not look fun!!

I ended March with an 11 mile walk on Saturday and an 8 mile run before Easter dinner yesterday. Between walking and running I've traveled 159.29 for the month and 390.70 so far this year!!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #14  

I squatted 165 pounds for four sets of 15 reps today. I was so excited that I almost crushed myself on the last rep giving myself a mental high five... while looking insane and constipated pushing it back up lol. On Friday I'm shooting for 10 reps of 170.

^^^whoops I meant yesterday.

Last edited by Cynder; 04-01-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Cynder is offline   Reply With Quote