Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default April- Your Monthly Outlook/Plan

April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. ~William Shakespeare

Well here we are....steps away from April.
How was your March?

And what does your April look like? Do you have any big plans? Any obstacles you foresee? Any big family events?

Since there are no holidays in April- I think I'm pretty home free. I'm just going to try to power through and lose as much weight as possible.
Isn't it amazing how fast these months go?! Before we know it- it will be Memorial Day!

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 03-31-2013 at 10:44 AM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #2  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

March was good for me - I started at 316 and ended at 303. I added exercise a few times to March and hope to improve that!

April should bring Twoderville and hopefully some good hikes as the weather improves.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #3  

Happy Easter, Lunar!

April is going to be a great month for me, I decided.

Going to keep plugging along with the C25K and see how I do with that.

Looking forward to spring weather and breaking out some warm weather clothes. Bought a pair of size 16 jean capris yesterday so I am armed and ready to spring outside with my capris and flipflops! The only other capris I have I wrecked the last time I gained weight so they only close with a safety pin, oops.

My goal for Memorial Day will be to wear a size 14 capris. I hope I can do it! Then it will be time to finally buy a bathing suit, gulp...

Edited to add--I lost 10lbs in March. My slowest month yet...

Last edited by elvislover324; 03-31-2013 at 12:43 PM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

The last two months I've spent getting a grip on my eating (a real grip, not an 80% grip). I also spent that time getting used to the idea that I may only lose a pound a week now, and that is okay. I was used to losing maybe 2 pounds most weeks but things have changed and I lose more slowly now. I am okay with that now.

So going forward, my plan for April is:
Stay on Medifast 100%
Bike 6 days a week even if it is only 10 minutes
Do everything I can to get my pain under control, including acupuncture and supplements
Weigh at least once a week but don't let the scale freak me out
ENJOY the spring!

If I lose 4 pounds in April I will be happy with the loss.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

March was not so hot for me, but April will be better. So far I've been able to lose weight by simply cutting calories and upping exercise, but I think it's time to be a little more specific in my diet and my exercise. I really want to start taking dance classes soon and want to drop as much weight as possible before I start.
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #6  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Charliee - didn't you lose like 8lbs in March? I think that's pretty good!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Rodeogirl, it is good, but I lost them all near the beginning of the month and the end of the month has been up and down. It's still a good loss overall, but compared to my previous months, it's lower.

The real issue is this is the time I tend to give up, as soon as the weight loss slows. I'm trying to stay positive and stick with it. Every loss is a win, every day on plan a victory.
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/170

Height: 5'10

I think my March went ok. I lost about 9lbs. The only thing I didn't do was exercise consistently enough, so that's my goal for April.

I also see a big obstacle for me this month in that I'm starting a new job, with a fairly long commute each way, which means overall I'll be out of the house between about 7am and 7pm every day. Even though I'm not much of a planner usually, I think I need to plan carefully to avoid picking up bad snacking/convenience food habits during April.
terichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #9  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

March, I am down 8 lbs and pretty happy about it. I have been going to the gym as much as I can, and am hoping that the slowly decreasing scale numbers is a reflection of the muscle I have gained! (My scale says I have 7% less fat ) I am going to kick April's A$$ and be down another 8-10 by the end! Can't wait until the eleventeen feet of snow has melted and dries up. Everything is a swamp and it makes enjoying outside difficult.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Hi! I hope it's ok if I join here.

I'm a teensy bit proud of myself: I made it through a big family event in the last days of February and then another one in the first week of March without gaining any weight. I even lost 4kg this month (a good 8lbs, or so the converter says). But the best thing about it: this loss means that I went below the 100kg mark, for the first time in... well, ever! Yay!
(Ok, still another 7 or 8kg to go until I'll be in the 190lbs range, but it seems doable now. Maybe by the end of May?)

April is going to be pretty stressful. Lots and lots of work. Which means I'll have to remind myself to eat regularly. When I'm buried in work, I tend to forget about eating - until I'm virtually starved and overdo it with the food when I remember. Oh, and my water intake is simply disastrous. So working on that shall be my goal for April. And I'd like to try a new exercise "program".

Last edited by JenteIsving; 03-31-2013 at 01:23 PM.
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

April will be a time of new beginnings for me. I'll be back on-plan for the first time in quite a while. I will start tracking what I eat, counting calories and get moving again. I'm not quite ready to go back to he gym, but I needto stop sitting all of the time and go for a walk, run up and down the stairs a few times, clean house. Just move!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-31-2013 at 01:27 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Height: 5'3"

April will mark the beginning of my training for the summer season of mountain hiking. I started with walking twice a day on flat ground, now am starting hills near me, and then in late april/may will drive out to the mountains and do the easiest trails in preparation for june.

March shocked me. Full stop. Maybe because it's only my second month in this time around, I lost 17 pounds. I am sooooo happy with the results. I know I can't expect this every month but I am still very happy.

My plan for April will be lots of excercise of course (for hiking).
I will intermittent fast from 9pm to 5pm. I will eat very low carb. I will count my calories loosely and eat according to real hunger.
kayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/187.7/187.9

Height: 5'1"

March was a new start for me. I will continue this positive thinking! I want to lose at least 1.5 lbs a week for the month of April as I am going on vacation for two weeks in May and I want to feel healthy and strong for all the kayaking, snorkeling and hiking i plan on doing.
CQ680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #14  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

My March was good (I thought) I have lost 9 lbs and maybe 1 more today as I have been trimming my palm trees) and reading everyone's posts.. I should have lost more... I have stayed 90% on plan and walk 10 miles a week.. I have a feeling its my age... (54) as I had lost more weight in a month when I was younger and "ran hotter" engine wise it seemed. So my hope is that I lose 9 lbs in April. It will be alot hotter outside and sweating will be easier LOL and I will have the added stress of this new job that I start tomorrow. If that happens I will be past my goal for my Bday (275) and way past the 10% off goal and that would be absolutly wonderful. I will be walking at least 4 times a week (2.5 Miles in the sun) and should be walking faster as my strength and endurance gets better. I am also trying Zumba (Zumba gold DVDs) as soon as my hips stop hurting. I tried 10 minutes yesterday and had to stop. I can't believe that I used to dance for hours and not hurt... but loved it.

Always push for the best I can do and BELIEVE it.

Spring time.... Time for us all to Blossom!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 03-31-2013 at 03:01 PM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

I lost around ten"ish" pounds in march. April will hopefully be another ten pounds or so putting me another ten pounds away from Onederland. I plan to keep counting and tracking calories and add back the exercise.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote