Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekends chat Sat/Sun March 30-31,2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! Getting ready for a relaxing day including an outing with hubby. He is starting phase 2 today after losing 170 lbs!! (I still have 15 lbs to go). I'm researching phase 3 breakfast ideas while enjoying my morning coffee :-)
Old 03-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 0/9/40

Height: 5' 1.25"

Debrasb...I am so impressed with you two. What an accomplishment. You two will take the world by storm!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Happy weekend all, and congrats debrasb, what a wonderful accomplishment for you both! I am getting ready to go to Florida for a couple of weeks. We drive down and take my mother with us. My mom who is a size 4 has been lamenting about what we are going to eat! She came over for dinner last weekend and started in about my diet. I told her no one has to be on this diet but me. She said " you're the one suffering" I told her I'm not suffering, but she was kind of pouty and refused the lovely jello (aspartame free of course) that I made for dessert. anyway, love my mom, but she can be a challenge. I have bought pepperidge farm cookies for her to have in the backseat, maybe that will sweeten her up.
My weight loss has started to become very noticeable and I am so happy with my progress so far. I feel so much better than I did. For those of you just starting out it is so worth it to stick with it. Wishing everyone a happy op holiday weekend!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Good morning! Getting ready for a relaxing day including an outing with hubby. He is starting phase 2 today after losing 170 lbs!! (I still have 15 lbs to go). I'm researching phase 3 breakfast ideas while enjoying my morning coffee :-)
Congrats to you and your hubby
Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #6  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!
Debrasb: way to go to you and your hubby! Congrats!

Glover girl: moms can be a challenge but at the end of the day they have our best interests at heart. It took about a month (and 20 pounds later) for my mom to embrace my new way of eating. She actually came up with some tasty recipes for me! Give your mom time. She will come around (especially if you got her some cookies!) . Enjoy your trip to Florida!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Morning!
That's so wonderful! Keep up the good
Work!!

Busy day, at an indoor soccer tournament
With my DD. Then it's off shopping and
getting ready for Easter.
Praying I can stay OP tomorrow!
I know I can do it!
Just hope family doesn't try to pressure me into "oh just a bite won't
hurt you!", hate that! And not worth trying
to explain IP to all of them!
Just gonna stay strong!! It's been almost 4
weeks, WI Tuesday! That will be in my head!

Hope everyone has a nice Easter!

D
Old 03-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #8  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Good morning all! Wow to Debra and DH!
Clover girl, love the cookie idea, lol! Just hold strong, remember, she might feel some guilt over you becoming overweight. Just be positive and she will follow.
Feeling very positive today, heading out to the grocery store to prepare for Easter dinner tonight. Found a nice side dish recipe on here that I'm going to serve up and not even mention that it's OP. DH will make his famous potato dish: laden with bacon and mayo, should be a good balance! I am making 2 small hams instead of one big one, any ideas on how to prepare an OP one? Was going to just put some garlic powder and WF syrup, but thought you guys would have something more creative?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Debrasb: I'm so excited for your whole family!

I've been following your blog (amazing recipes, by the way) and you're making the most incredible changes that will benefit you, your husband and your son for the rest of your lives!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #10  
Started IP March 28, 2013

S/C/G: 173/162.4/149

Height: 5'3"

Great accomplishments! Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Happy holiday weekend everyone! I'm working today but headed down to Mass to see family tomorrow. Wanted to share something a friend of mine mentioned about this diet...I was telling her how I'm now in a size 14 at 210 pounds, the last time I was able to get these on I was 190 pounds. She said that our bodies are smaller but weigh more due to not losing muscle on this diet. Duh right?! But that never clicked in my head. So don't stress over the scale IPeeps! Muscle weighs more than fat

I apologize if I'm the only one with this "D'oh" moment
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Default Happy Easter

Good morning everyone,

well, 3 days in with the family and 2 to go. It has been very difficult to stay OP with all of my mother's incredible French canadian cooking to feed an army. I came very well prepared, cooler and extra suitcase with packets so I have been able to stay OP. Even made chocolate zucchini cookies to eat while everyone else was eating chocolate cake with ice cream and maple syrup. The counter is full of rich snacks, desserts, chocolate, etc.

Was a little disapponted that only my mother mentioned how my weight loss showed but I am in this for me. Everyone was impressed when I took out my cookies though and amazed that I stayed OP

On another positive note, my brother who is a chef questionned me extensively last night so he can prepare tonight's dinner so I can eat almost everything (he is making potatoes for the rest of the gang). He graciously changed quite a few items for me. I was touched by his many questions to make sure everything is OP.

ALso, going to the Low carb grocery store for the first time this afternoon hoping to check out many alternatives. If anyone has suggestions as to what I should look for that I would really like, I'd love them. I do try to avoid sugar alcohols has they do not agree with me (stomach issues).

After being on the road for over a month, can't wait to get back home with a little normalcy and and have it a little easier to stay OP. Preparation has been the key though.

Congrats to everyone on the great WI and staying OP. It is such a great feeling.

Happy Easter everyone!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
something a friend of mine mentioned about this diet...I was telling her how I'm now in a size 14 at 210 pounds, the last time I was able to get these on I was 190 pounds. She said that our bodies are smaller but weigh more due to not losing muscle on this diet. Duh right?! But that never clicked in my head. So don't stress over the scale IPeeps! Muscle weighs more than fat
I apologize if I'm the only one with this "D'oh" moment
You know, I'd been wondering the same thing. When I did Atkins 10 years ago, I had clothes that would have been tight at this weight and they are HANGING on me.
The thing is: Atkins is also a protein diet AND I was working out.
I think there is something to what your friend said, but also that bodies change over time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post
Praying I can stay OP tomorrow!
I know I can do it!
Just hope family doesn't try to pressure me into "oh just a bite won't
hurt you!", hate that! And not worth trying
to explain IP to all of them!
Just gonna stay strong!! It's been almost 4
weeks, WI Tuesday! That will be in my head!
I just don't think people who pressure have any idea how rude they are being.

I've decided I'm not taking it anymore but doing some short, blunt, to the point, educating. I'm thinking its time to confront behavior that allows people to tease/shame people who are trying to correct a health condition (obesity):
I'm on a medically supervised diet to correct health problems. If you wouldn't tease or pressure a diabetic, then I expect the same consideration. Thank you.

or this:
I have 2 questions for you: Would you pressure a diabetic? Is obesity a health crisis in this country?
I'm abstaining from (whatever they are pressuring) to combat my health crisis.

My medically supervised plan is working for me and that isn't on my plan. Let's talk about something else

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-30-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Debrasb: I'm so excited for your whole family!

I've been following your blog (amazing recipes, by the way) and you're making the most incredible changes that will benefit you, your husband and your son for the rest of your lives!
Thank you so much!! I appreciate hearing feedback on the recipes -- it's been a very good spot for me to focus my energies.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Thanks Lisa!!

D
Closed Thread