Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #16  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Yes. Have you seriously not seen overweight runners?!?
OK, a few.

Last edited by IanG; 03-29-2013 at 11:38 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #17  

It can happen! I had a period of my life before I became ill where I was running (hard running, 6-7 mph) almost 40 miles a week and eating 1500-1600 calories a day (religiously tracked via MyFitnessPal).

Because of my very short body, and my even smaller genetically-enhanced BMR (seriously, my maintenance BMR is around 1000 a day, even when being active) I gained about 15 pounds. And it was NOT muscle.

Now had I NOT been running, I would have probably gained 30-40 pounds.

Gotta love being from a fat family.
cantstopgaining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Sorry to push, but I have never seen a person that is overweight running 30 miles a week. Ever.
Hi!
Sorry to derail the thread further, but that would be me in a few weeks! I currently run 6 days a week and I clock up slightly more than 20 miles a week. I appreciate this isn't running very far per day, but I only started a little while ago and I am working on building it up to 30 miles a week minimum as soon as I can. I have a BMI of 29.23 which is overweight, and I certainly look fat when I am forcing my body into my running clothes in a manner reminiscent of stuffing sausages! With the amount of weight I have to lose, and the speed that I am losing it at I can assure you that I will still be an overweight person when I make it up to running 30 miles a week!

I have been paying more attention to other runners now, and there are definitely other overweight people out there running! 10 miles a day does seem like a lot to me at this point in time, though. Maybe one day!

Also, I don't have enough posts to post links, but there was a study that found it is possible to be both obese and fit, although obviously preferable to be a healthy weight. The article is on the UK NHS website, and it is called "Can you really be both 'fat and fit'?" It is quite an interesting read!

Back to the original poster, I think that the exercise probably equalled out the calories you binged on this time. Now just to keep persevering with avoiding the binges. You can do it!

Last edited by EskaDee; 03-30-2013 at 07:14 AM.
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote