Old 03-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #1  

Default Question about supplements

Hello Everyone!

I was on IP about a year ago and fell off the wagon! I have restarted and am feeling really good about it. I had enough supplementst to get me through the first several days. I am not going to a clinic as I did not think the coach was very supportive, which is a big reason for my quitting...I started to absolutely dread going in there weekly. Anyway, I just got my order from Plain Protein and I am afraid that I may not have gotten the correct supplements. This is what I have: Cal-Mag, Potassium (99mg), and multivitamin & mineral supplement. Can anyone tell me what I might be missing and if I can get something similar at a local store?

Thanks and looking forward to being a part of this incredibly supportive and successful group!
Amy
ames1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

You've got the right supplements. The potassium used to be potassium calcium, but they just changed it within the last few weeks.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames1215 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I was on IP about a year ago and fell off the wagon! I have restarted and am feeling really good about it. I had enough supplementst to get me through the first several days. I am not going to a clinic as I did not think the coach was very supportive, which is a big reason for my quitting...I started to absolutely dread going in there weekly. Anyway, I just got my order from Plain Protein and I am afraid that I may not have gotten the correct supplements. This is what I have: Cal-Mag, Potassium (99mg), and multivitamin & mineral supplement. Can anyone tell me what I might be missing and if I can get something similar at a local store?

Thanks and looking forward to being a part of this incredibly supportive and successful group!
Amy

those are the ones they gave me!
qballmhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #4  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

WELCOME back !!!

Best of Luck to you!

Many people consider this site to be their "counselor"! So come here often and participate. I know it has made a huge difference in my success thus far and I know I will NEED it when I'm in maintenance! Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #5  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
You've got the right supplements. The potassium used to be potassium calcium, but they just changed it within the last few weeks.
Ragdoll74, what is the number of milligrams of the new IP potassium supplement? I did IP 2.5 years ago and I remember a lengthy conversation here about no one being able to find 800mg potassium from any other manufacturer as an alternative. Almost every potassium supplement out there is 99mg, but the former IP potassium calcium was 800 mg of potassium bicarbonate and 200 calcium carbonate. If you are doing Phase I correctly, you need the extra potassium.
If anyone is more of an expert on the subject (a clinical nutritionist?), please chime in. I just don't want anyone to think she is getting enough potassium if she is not.
the wonder cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
Ragdoll74, what is the number of milligrams of the new IP potassium supplement? I did IP 2.5 years ago and I remember a lengthy conversation here about no one being able to find 800mg potassium from any other manufacturer as an alternative. Almost every potassium supplement out there is 99mg, but the former IP potassium calcium was 800 mg of potassium bicarbonate and 200 calcium carbonate. If you are doing Phase I correctly, you need the extra potassium.
If anyone is more of an expert on the subject (a clinical nutritionist?), please chime in. I just don't want anyone to think she is getting enough potassium if she is not.
The new IP supplement is 99mg of potassium citrate. Remember that different forms of minerals have different doses - 800mg of potassium citrate is a much bigger dose of potassium than 800mg of the bicarbonate.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #7  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ok so according to my IP order form, they are still carrying the old pot/calcium. I don't want to order that one.

Is there by chance an alternative for this "new" formula of just 99mg of potassium citrate that I can pick up at Target/Walmart , or does anyone know where to order it online for the least expensive price?
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote