Old 03-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #1  

Default Boob Fat--where to hide it?

Tried on my new bra today that I have been holding for a few months since a store near me went out of business.

Was about a 42-44D last summer when I started losing weight, now today I could wear a 38C. So very happy, this bra looked like a tiny delicate piece of fabric vs. the bigger ones I still have in my drawer.

Only problem was, there is nowhere to tuck in the boob fat hanging over the outsides. Talk about gross...it's not breast tissue or a need for a bigger cup size per se, it's just fatty leftover skin.

To say I was sad was an understatement but I wore it anyways. No one but my DH would have seen it anyways and he's not into seeing the gross details first like most men!

Sorry for the rant. Was just disappointed to see another piece of me that hangs. Never noticed with my older, bigger holders!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Like in the back or under your arms??
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

It probably means the bra isn't a good fit. You really should check out this site:

http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2012/...hello-big.html

Runningfromfat (a former member) writes this blog and it's really good information.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #4  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

I know exactly what you're talking about, and I have a little problem with it too (stupid extra boob-skin!). Like berry said, you just have to find a bra with a better fit. It is very noticeable in a couple of my bras but in the others it's gone.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

That means your cups aren't wide enough or deep enough. Wrong size, likely with a band correct or too big and cups several sizes too small. Loose skin or no, it should all be contained in the cup, even from deep under your armpits.

Take it from me - I got resized from a 42DD to a 38H when I was starting out, and now I'm a 34J. MOST women are in a broader range of sizes than the stores offer and most fitters have no clue how to adequately size women. Venusian Glow or the aforementioned BralessinBrasil are great places to start.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Your cup size is too small. Go find a store where they stock bras above D/DD/DDD/DDDDDDDD.

34H here, but you can bet if I went into a store where they thought the alphabet stopped at D that they'd be trying to cram me into a 40DDDD and I'd have boob fat too.

The properly fitting bra will make you hear angels sing, all your boob will be happily contained and your clothes will look amazing!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Ahh! The great BRA debacle!

I have a love/hate relationship with that particular article of clothing!

A good, comfy, cute, supportive one is great, the rest should be blown up!

I'm pretty sure that bra designers are all super fit people with fried eggs on their chests, or men!

I would seriously love for a whole bunch of us here to go have a jam session with the folks who think they know about bras!

I'm sure someone will pipe up and say, go get a professional fitting. Been there done that! They said I was a 34C. In 3 different stores that were supposed to be professionals!

I'm a 38DD!

What I have discovered, is finding a GOOD Bra that fits the way you want it to, takes a lot of shopping and trial and error.

I stumbled across what I was looking for in my size at Kohl's! Wide racer back, underwire, front hook, in my size, comfy and cute! And it comes in 5 colors!

It takes a lot of time and shopping and perserverance and patience and money to find the right one, but when you do, it's heaven!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Please don't be hard on yourself, this totally sounds like the bra is a bad fit.
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

i agree with everyone else, your bra is not a good fit.
i went from a 34b to a 38ddd, then down to a 38dd, and they are certainly saggier than they should be...
but i have a very well-fitting bra. it is a size 38dd. yet i tried on a 38dd
at kmart the other day, and i was falling out all over the place!
it's really hard to find a bras that fits proprly, but just take the time to shop around.

good luck!

Last edited by Alyssa Autopsy; 03-30-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:01 AM   #10  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Just cause a bra is cute and cheap and you can get it on, doesn't mean it's the bra for you.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 255 195.8 150

Height: 5'6

maybe try a bra extender..it hooks into the back clips and makes the bra have more room around. sounds like the size around is too small or maybe the straps that go around are too thin.. if its none of those issues and its a problem with all the bras you have now then i could only then suggest you get a tight fitting undershirt that help hold the extra skin down. cant remember what they are called but its like spanx for your torso
deadkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
Like in the back or under your arms??
Like up under my armpit! Cottage cheesy skin that I wish I could cut off the extra with kitchen shears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostMe View Post
Just cause a bra is cute and cheap and you can get it on, doesn't mean it's the bra for you.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, I am going to check out those sites you recommended. I still want to lose about 40lbs more or less so I don't want to invest too much yet.

I think I was just so excited to wear something dainty rather than the ones with extra reinforcements everywhere. And there was nothing dainty or sexy about this at all.

This losing weight thing and droopy floppy skin everywhere sure isn't easy!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Like up under my armpit! Cottage cheesy skin that I wish I could cut off the extra with kitchen shears!

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, I am going to check out those sites you recommended. I still want to lose about 40lbs more or less so I don't want to invest too much yet.

I think I was just so excited to wear something dainty rather than the ones with extra reinforcements everywhere. And there was nothing dainty or sexy about this at all.

This losing weight thing and droopy floppy skin everywhere sure isn't easy!
my friend maria's got the whole cottage cheese underarm thing, but she's also nearly 300 pounds at only 5'3" x.x she says she is "trying" to lose weight, but she still eats McDonald's nearly every day *roll eyes*

actually C-cups still need underwire. my grandmother is only a b-cup yet she wears underwire. sometimes you need the extra support.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I still want to lose about 40lbs more or less so I don't want to invest too much yet.
I wear a 38HH/J. For years I wore a 44DDD because that's the highest size Lane Bryant went up to so they just put me in a bigger band. Ridiculous. Although you may not want to invest the money now, I assure you, you will NOT regret it. Wearing the correct size made me look thinner but it also made me DO more. Since the girls weren't jiggling everywhere, I definitely exercises more, put more effort into smaller tasks (like walking), and wore clothing the correct size. Seriously, it's freaking miraculous.

For reference, my bras range from $40-$100 and I hand wash them and they last for about a year (sometimes more). I wear them INTO THE GROUND (for that price.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #15  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I loved going to Nordstrom's for bra fitting. It took like 15 minutes, since my bra expert had been doing it for like...40 years- and I got some wonderful bras out of it. I had no idea what a fit bra could really feel like!
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote