Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #1  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

Talking Clean eating

I'm having a hard time losing weight and I have decided im going to gradually work my lifestyle into clean eating. I know all of these processed foods are taking a toll on my body, my cravings, my mind, etc. And I am just so FED UP with this JUNK. I've consumed so much of that sh!t over the years that I am really just starting to look at it all as disgusting fake "food". I am really ashamed of myself for even eating it.

I'm curious if there are any of you who eat clean on a regular basis. How has it helped you? What kinds of clean foods are your favorite?

Last edited by ataraxia3; 03-24-2013 at 04:16 PM.
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #2  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I'm eating clean.
Oh my gosh. I feel better then ever. I'm so balanced now. My hormones are balanced. My emotions are balanced. I don't have cravings anymore for junk. I have "willpower" now. And I've lost nearly 30 pounds- pretty effortlessly.

Now I'm on to looking into intuitive eating and only eating when I'm hungry.

I'm tired of food-like substances too. I too can't believe I ate so much of it. I've even taken it a step further and have started looking into the "Real Food Movement" and am buying pasture raised/grass fed proteins and I buy a lot of organics.

Eating clean has opened an entirely new world up to me.
Check out the Whole Foods lifestyle thread- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whol...lifestyle-209/
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #3  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I've been transitioning to clean eating for a few weeks now and I LOVE it! Like y'all said, I can't believe all the crappy junk I used to think was food. I buy organic whenever possible, and I avoid high fructose corn syrup, white sugar & white flour like the plague. I can't believe how just those few changes have led to weight loss, better moods, less cravings, & more energy. It takes so much more planning than I'm used to doing, but it's definitely worth it.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #4  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

Thank you ladies for your replies! It's so good to see other people who are eating clean and seeing/feeling amazing results. So far i've eliminated a TON of garbage from my diet and my fridge is stocked with fresh fruits and veggies. I've done my research on what all is considered clean/not clean and i'm feeling really confident with my food choices i'm making. I'll definitely be checking out the whole foods thread <3
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #5  

i eat clean 6 days a week and Fridays i junk out and i pay for it digestive wise- but for ME it keeps me on track.
The trick for me to transition was finding replacement whole foods for the junk i was eating. I knew i HAD TO have chocolate in my daily diet so i ditched the M&M's for hot cocoa made with vanilla almond milk, stevia and dark cocoa powder and it actually does the trick for 1,000's of calories less.

Lunch is usually a huge bowl of non fat unsweetened Greek yogurt with stevia, lots of fresh strawberries, blueberries and a small handful of walnuts and almonds and that seems to satisfy everything! So find foods that you will love and work them consistently into your diet
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #6  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

^^^ It's amazing how long Greek yogurt with fruit & almonds can keep you full! I absolutely agree with you on finding healthy alternatives to junky foods, it's definitely what keeps me on track.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

What is Clean eating? Also what does TOM mean? Just wondering
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hi Terra. Clean eating usually means whole foods like fruits, veggies, meats/fishes, and starches, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts/seeds - no processed/packaged foods like lean cuisines, candies, hot cheetos/chips, crackers, etc. Not sure if jarred natural PB is considered non-clean but it is so easy to make your own if you have a food processor.

Everyone has their own definition of what "clean eating" truly is, though. I personally try to aim for at least 80% of the time. I still love my hot cheetos with lime, CF diet coke, dark chocolate with almonds, pretzels, etc so that goes in the 20% of non-clean eating.

TOM usually means time of month/period.

Last edited by amandie; 07-11-2013 at 03:33 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #9  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Oh okay well thanks for answering my questions
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote