General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Got the intermmitent fasting thing down...now what?

Okay..so i now have gotten into intermmitent fasting..I have a 5 hour window to eat every day and the rest of the time i fast..but now what do i do? I mean what do i do in terms of a diet or eating ? Do i calorie count? Low carb it? Weight watchers?? What have you tried?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Just eat balanced and healthily. I eat salads.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Well, I used to do IF with an 5 to 8 hour window and I ate whatever I wanted between that time. Sometimes I got up to 1500 calories (that was the limit) but usually never under 1200- I counted calories while IF'ing. Now I am doing WW as well as counting calories (averaging 1200-1300) and with my current health/digestive issues, I have to eat every few hours since I cannot have too much fat in one sitting so my window right now is 10-12 hours with 12-14 hours to give my digestive system a break, etc. It was weird adjusting to that every few hours thing from IF'ing for so long.

I am so glad having tried IF because it totally helped with my late night cravings, I would be still feeling hungry even after I ate (water, veggie, fruit, protein, etc, nothing helped!) After a long while, I finally can sleep even if I feel hungry because I know it's not TRUE hunger.

As for you on what to do, you can do whatever you want be it low carb, paleo, primal, just calorie counting with whatever you wanna eat, or veggie. It is just a form of controlling your food intake especially if you have problems with snacking/cravings/etc.

Last edited by amandie; 03-24-2013 at 05:13 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #4  
I got this

I am really surprised you have not gotten more replies. Perhaps try posting in the IF thread and see if you get more feedback? Just a thought.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 125

Height: 5"1"

I agree with what's been said and use whatever works for you - Weight Watchers, counting calories, South Beach Diet, etc. Good luck with whatever you choose!
carrieanne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #6  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

i honestly dont know what works any more..ive tried and failed on so many diets...i dont know what to do anymore.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 125

Height: 5"1"

But, combining a program with IF WILL work. So which type of dieting personality are you - there are two main types. One type likes to "count" their food, whether it's calories, points, carb grams, etc. - they like the structure of counting. The other group likes to choose from a list of foods and eat to "satisfaction", so they don't have to "count" anything, but they are limited in their food choices. The first type does well with calorie counting, Weight Watchers pointsplus, Atkins, etc. The second group does well with South Beach Diet, Weight Watchers Simply Filling technique (formerly known as "Core") etc. Decide which type you are and then research the types of diets that fit your style.
carrieanne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #8  
I got this

I think you you need to keep experimenting with what works for you then STICK with it. I hope you don't consider yourself a failure because you are still here and trying. Maybe just start with ONE small change (ex: no soda, no bread, no sweets, or no binging, etc. that kinda thing.) then work your way up instead of making a whole overhaul and overwhelming yourself then feeling like a failure because you didn't avoid or you over-indulged, etc.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #9  
I got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieanne6 View Post
But, combining a program with IF WILL work. So which type of dieting personality are you - there are two main types. One type likes to "count" their food, whether it's calories, points, carb grams, etc. - they like the structure of counting. The other group likes to choose from a list of foods and eat to "satisfaction", so they don't have to "count" anything, but they are limited in their food choices. The first type does well with calorie counting, Weight Watchers pointsplus, Atkins, etc. The second group does well with South Beach Diet, Weight Watchers Simply Filling technique (formerly known as "Core") etc. Decide which type you are and then research the types of diets that fit your style.
Great advice!