Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #1  

Question NuStep machine

Hi,
I have seen this machine on the Biggest Loser and Extreme makeover and would like to get feedback from anyone who has used it. My understanding is that it is very Expensive to purchase but available in gyms. (none in my area)

Thanks
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Hello!

I've tried the NuStep machine at my gym a couple times. It feels really awkward to me. I don't think it does much more than a stationary bike does, and if you are wanting to work the arms at the same time you can always take some free hand weights on the bike with you... Unless I'm doing something wrong... I wouldn't spend the money on it.

E
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #3  

Hello EricAnn,

Thank you so much for the info. It sure seems a tad expensive so in a way I guess I am happy that it is just another piece of equipment. I have a treadmill and bike but my knees are never happy so I thought this might be a better alternative but it would have to be super better to justify the cost.

I love that you add the half to your height. I do that as well because .

Good luck with you efforts.

Thanks
Sheridan
Old 10-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #4  

Hi, I am new to this forum. Can you please tell me at which gym you were able to find a Nustep machine?

Last edited by robotbldmom01; 10-20-2011 at 09:08 PM.
robotbldmom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #5  
WonderSlim Rookie

S/C/G: 181/181/126

I just bought one. I've been using a therapy grade recumbent bike for years but after my knee replacement it was starting to bother my knees.

I did try out the NuStep at a physical therapy center first. The differences between it and a bike are that you get a total body workout in one machine. I watch tv series on DVD while I exercise and time flies by.

I did try to incorporate weights to my old bike routine but it got too clunky and I felt really uncoordinated. I also ended up with sore arms because of improper form. What was once an easy, enjoyable way to torch calories became a constant watch of what to do when.

The NuStep is definitely pricey. However, since I'm limited to a seated elliptical or a bike at the gym, I used the gym membership savings toward the machine. I love having it at home, I find myself hopping on it, putting two episodes of The Big Bang Theory in and my workout is done faster than if I'd had to get ready for the gym, drive, park, get set up, work out and get home.

I also love the computerized workouts (I bought the T5XR). They allow me to start at a beginner fitness level and work all the way up to pro athlete level. It's a goal I want to achieve.

I despise exercising. The bike I had (ProForm VR900 EKG) made it easy and enjoyable, but the NuStep has definiely ramped it up, without taking away the enjoyable factor.

Like I said, it's pricey but with their warranty and how well they're made I can see this thing lasting for 10 years or more.
Nana Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #6  

Dear Nana Sophie,

Now that you ahve been using the NUstep for a bit,how do you like it ?
also is it holding up?
Thanks,
Sheridan