Old 03-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #1  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Smile Starting IP 03.25.2013

After reading through the various threads today, I noticed there are several people who have started the IP program today or are restarting today. Personally, that is very encouraging to me. I like to know someone is in the boat (so to speak) with me.

I'm hoping we can keep in touch and update on our progress.

My husband and I are doing IP together. His Day 1 was just fine. My Day 1 was rough...not even gonna lie. I have had a lot of water, my IP foods and still felt really nauseous this afternoon. I am feeling some-what better this evening, post-dinner. I'm hopeful I'll feel better tomorrow.

I look forward to sharing my journey and encouraging all of you.

----------------------
A little about me...
I am 34 years old, 5'9" and I weigh 210. I became overweight during high school and have been overweight my entire adulthood. I am ready to change. I am ready to be healthy. Here we go!
GetYa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYa1 View Post
After reading through the various threads today, I noticed there are several people who have started the IP program today or are restarting today. Personally, that is very encouraging to me. I like to know someone is in the boat (so to speak) with me.

My husband and I are doing IP together. His Day 1 was just fine. My Day 1 was rough...not even gonna lie. I have had a lot of water, my IP foods and still felt really nauseous this afternoon. I am feeling some-what better this evening, post-dinner. I'm hopeful I'll feel better tomorrow.

----------------------
A little about me...
I am 34 years old, 5'9" and I weigh 210. I became overweight during high school and have been overweight my entire adulthood. I am ready to change. I am ready to be healthy. Here we go!
Day 1 is always hard. Hang in there . It gets easy
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #3  

Thanks! I'll take the motivation.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

The first few days are going to be rocky, and don't worry your husband will see what you mean. Day 3 and 4 were bad for me. The weight you will loose in the first week makes it all worth it. I will keep looking for your progression. We have all gone through it so share on the boards and you will get plenty of support.
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #5  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

GetYa1 - WELCOME
and your hubby - WELCOME

My DH (darling husband) and I started IP together back in October 2012. It's really great being on the same page and being able to get all the unacceptable food out of the house. Just be prepared that the guys always lose weight faster, so don't let that get you down. My husband phased-out in February and is maintaing well. Since, the guy will probably get to his goal weight faster, the upside is you get to watch him go through P2 - P3 - P4 and the potential challenges before you. There are other couple teams on the site, so you have some company.
Good Luck to you both. Be sure to come here as often as possible, we all find it really helpful to stay OP. BTW, there is a Men's Thread the DH might want to check out!
Here's to you both getting through the infamous first week - you can do it! Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/152/140

Height: 5'4"

My first three days were the roughest. You are lucky to have your husband on the journey with you. Hang in there...it really does get easier.
musicsmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYa1 View Post

----------------------
A little about me...

Congrats on starting! You picked the right diet, that's for sure!! The support at 3FC has been great for me. Tell your Hubby to join the "Man Thread". We always have some great stuff going on. Of course, ladies are welcome too...
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone. IDK if I'll be able to get DH on the boards, but I appreciate the advice I've received thus far. I'm looking forward to being much healthier...very soon!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #9  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

1st week is rough but it gets better don't get discourage if you encounter some bumps on the road I.e. nausea, scale doesn't move, lightheaded, etc. you can do it
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #10  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Welcome!
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #11  

Welcome!

I am with you...I re-started on 3/25/13, too. I am doing fine...I generally don't get the symptoms that most people get. I hope that today goes well for you...day 3!!

One issue that I have had, though, is an itching problem. Last night was kind of rough. It started in the palms of my hands, arches, then on my legs, and even my scalp. I'm confused because this didn't happen to me the first time around. Just wondering if I'm allergic to something (I'm eating the same items as last time though), or if it is my body detoxing.

Good luck to you...hang in there. The advice given above is all pretty good!
SS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #12  

OMG!! I started yesterday and I'm starving!!! I have headaches and nausea. I'm eating sea salt out of my hand like candy to try and combat the headache!! Please tell me there is somekne else out there that experienced this?!?!
JodiB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiB74 View Post
OMG!! I started yesterday and I'm starving!!! I have headaches and nausea. I'm eating sea salt out of my hand like candy to try and combat the headache!! Please tell me there is somekne else out there that experienced this?!?!
I had the same issue on my first day, I was starving. I told myself that it would pass and maybe it was just a mental thing that I had started and couldn't eat or drink like I used too. I have also experienced the nausea and have done the salt like which usually solved the problem. Hang in there. I'm almost 4 weeks in now and trust me, it does get easier and better. Maybe try drinking some hot tea, It helped me when I felt hungry. You can do it

Last edited by Canadiandieter; 03-27-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Canadiandieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #14  

Day 1 was terrible for me. Very nauseous, but Days 2 and 3 have proved to be much better. I have not been ill at all.

My husband started 03.25, too. He's felt very lethargic, but hasn't had the nausea I experienced.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #15  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiB74 View Post
I don't have any P1 acceptable suggestions for nausea.
However, if you are having headaches (esp. if you are used to a lot of caffeine from sodas, etc) and the salt tricks or tea don't help.... It's totally ok to take a Tylenol or Advil; whatever you'd normally take for a headache. Just don't have Excedrin because that has caffeine and you'll just be prolonging the withdrawals. Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote