Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 3/25/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebertwhite9 View Post
Well I have been working the last three days, so this is my first time getting to log in. I have made it through the first week with a loss of 3.5#s. I am glad to have the loss, but thought it would be a bit more.

My biggest concern is the headache, that I have had every day. I have read in all the sticky threads that this is normal for a while, but how long does it usually last? I was under the impression that by the end of the first week, it would be done with! What I have not heard is the biological reason for the headache. If anyone has any input on the reasoning for the headaches, please let me know. It is not caffeine, for I have not drastically reduced my intake.
Biological reason would be similar to any withdrawal. Sugar/carb withdrawal is tough!

If you haven't cut back on caffeine, are you drinking enough water? An extra cup for each cup of coffee or other caffeine product.

I'll second what Delgen said in yesterday's thread: be sure to add salt. It helps the headaches at first. Add directly to your water or lick off your palm. Be sure you're getting 100% of required vitamins and oil, as well.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #3  

I'd like to encourage people to participate in the "what are you eating today" thread.
I got a new idea yesterday
The more people who participate, the more ideas we will all get!
We have to plan anyway. Write it down & share with others.

I have a snow day today. We got 15" of snow in STL yesterday. Going for WI later but I'm getting on the home scale in a few minutes.

Happy Monday everyone!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-25-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Went through my closet yesterday and pulled out everything I could wear and took it to Goodwill. Now my closet is bare. To top it off the pants I bought at Goodwill last week to get be by, slid off me this morning. I'm hitting another shop on the way home to pick up another pair. Even though the "Whoosh Fairy" is not visiting, I'm losing inches and have more energy....
Old 03-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #5  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

I cant believe it! I have lost a total of 40lbs....why this number makes it so real to me I cant say, but holy cow..40 lbs!
I had a rough week about two weeks ago, went off plan and really struggled getting back on but Im proud to say that I am back on, fully OP and the scale is proving it! I thought I was done for..back in the same rut Ive experienced before..you know the I cant do it anymore, oh woes me, rut. BUT this time I buckled down, and said no excuses..and here I am..it worked. I know there are tough times ahead but for today I am going to bask in the glow of acheivment!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

A1Texan - time for another trip to Goodwill!! Happy shopping!

jeffiner - that is awesome! Doesn't it feel amazing to have those victories?

What a crazy weekend - my husband was working at PAX East (big gaming convention in Boston, he runs games for Wizards of the Coast every year) so it was just me, the kids and our crazy schedule. Yesterday we left the house at 7am and had stuff on the schedule right up to bedtime. I woke up this morning feeling like I had a hangover (no wine or anything last night) so I am guessing I was probably low on my water intake yesterday. Chug-a-lugging today!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
I cant believe it! I have lost a total of 40lbs....why this number makes it so real to me I cant say, but holy cow..40 lbs!
I had a rough week about two weeks ago, went off plan and really struggled getting back on but Im proud to say that I am back on, fully OP and the scale is proving it! I thought I was done for..back in the same rut Ive experienced before..you know the I cant do it anymore, oh woes me, rut. BUT this time I buckled down, and said no excuses..and here I am..it worked. I know there are tough times ahead but for today I am going to bask in the glow of acheivment!
Awesome work Jeffiner and contrats on getting back OP
Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #8  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

That's awesome A1Texan!!! Seeing the scale move is nice but it's the inches that really matter.

Good job jeffiner!!!

I hope you feel better Scorbett.

I also went through my closet yesterday and packed up everything that doesn't fit me any more and I too have very little hanging up. I went out and bought a couple pairs of pants this weekend as I really needed some new ones. I used to need to move most of my clothes out of my closet when the seasons change as I had no room but that won't be an issue this year. I need to go out and buy some summery clothes soon to take to Jamaica with me. I've already been shopping for bathing suits (and I bought ALL bikinis and loving them) so I'm pretty stocked up on those but need some little summer dresses as well. I did find some shorts my sister had given me ages ago that were way too small and they fit me now (and honestly if I were buying them I'd have gone a size down). It's awesome.

Hope everyone has a happy Monday. I'm at work but not sure how long I'm going to last as I'm really not feeling too well.

Last edited by Cheekyskeeter; 03-25-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #9  

Jeffers & Texan: yay! Isn't being OP the best???

The scale doesn't always move as we'd like it but results are in more ways than scales!

I did my early-summer shopping at second hand stores b/c I don't know where I'll end up. Everything I bought is still snug but I have some things that fit in the meantime. Going thru all these clothes has reminded me to go to those 2nd hand stores FIRST, before automatically looking for new. It is more environmentally friendly . I didn't find what I needed spring coat-wise so I ordered a new one. My old one (think tent!) went to a friend. I hope she can downsize from the tent soon.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 171/163/120

Height: 5'1"

WTG Jeffiner !

I had my 2nd WI and I was on TOM - I lost 0.8 . But I did lose half an inch off of my butt and half inch from my thigh. My fat is all around my midsection (apple shape) so I guess the first inches to come off are the ones where I'd put on last.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #11  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Husband was laughing at me last night at dinner. I made a taco salad and it was HUGE. About half way through, he said "You're tired of chewing aren't you?"

I will go for a WI tomorrow, but at this point my weight is irrelevant. As of this morning, I am comfortably back into size 9. I feel great! I am sleeping so much better without any kind of sleep aid, I have Chronic insomnia, so this is major. I have energy and my skin is clear. My stomach is flat, no more ugly apron of fat.

When I start phasing off , I will have to pay particular attention to how I feel. Most of what I have been eating is gluten and dairy free, so we will see how I react to them when I start having them again.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
When I start phasing off , I will have to pay particular attention to how I feel. Most of what I have been eating is gluten and dairy free, so we will see how I react to them when I start having them again.

Hi Donna Gel....What you have said is very interesting to me. I am phasing off for a holiday and am on Phase 3 and yesterday and unfortunately today horrible stomach pains. Was hoping for stomach flu, but I have not thrown up even though the ripping/bubbling in my stomach feels like that is what should be happening. I am now starting to wonder about allergies or intolerance in the food I have been reintroducing. I have never felt like I have been sensitive to any food before. Could I have had a sensitivaty and not had symptoms? Could this diet have given me a sensitivaty? Of course I do not have the right kind of foods on hand to either not do dairy or wheat this morning and follow a proper phase 3 breakfast plan so am trying to figure out a plan for rest of week. Still holding out hope it is a bug. It really does have an inflammed feeling.....If anyone has any experience with this kind of thing advice would be appreciated. I will also be searching old threads.

Jeffiner great loss wow! That happened fast. Way to buckle down and get back in the game mentally.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #13  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Hi Donna Gel....What you have said is very interesting to me. I am phasing off for a holiday and am on Phase 3 and yesterday and unfortunately today horrible stomach pains. Was hoping for stomach flu, but I have not thrown up even though the ripping/bubbling in my stomach feels like that is what should be happening. I am now starting to wonder about allergies or intolerance in the food I have been reintroducing. I have never felt like I have been sensitive to any food before. Could I have had a sensitivaty and not had symptoms? Could this diet have given me a sensitivaty?
It could very well be something you ate. I wouldn't say that IP gave you a sensitivity, but it may have removed symptoms that you just never noticed before. I'm not sure. My personal opinion has always been 95% of my medical issues are food related. Up until IP I never bothered trying to prove it.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Morning everyone! Congrats Jennifer on hitting 40 I'm with Tex lately with the clothes department. I tried on a pair of 14's on Friday night wanting to wear them to dinner Saturday, didn't fit Tried them on yesterday for laughs, slid right on!! IP magic These are the "skinny" jeans from a few summers ago that I had been dying to fit into pre-IP. I can't wait till I hit 12's and beyond! If I don't re-surface it's because I'm bawling with excitement in my closet (or shopping!)

Hope everyone has a great OP IP day! And agree Lisa-no other way to be
Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #15  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone been off the boards for a couple of weeks. Got on the scale this am & can tell that not being accountable did not help my weight loss. My husband just left this am for an assignment for work so will be gone a few months. So today is my day 1 & I have already eliminated all hubby's food from the house so I can get back on track. Carbs have left the building! Hope everyone has a great day.
Closed Thread