Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 12:15 PM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #32

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #32

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:17 PM   #2  

Brother, I had something I wanted to tell you and out the brain it went!

I do want to remind you not to forget about our WTG's!!! We can use all those we can get!

Well, if I remember, I will let you know!

Faye
Old 10-10-2003, 12:42 PM   #3  

Good morning girls!

Today is a beautiful day . I am off on Monday and Tuesday and this makes me very happy...enough to . Big selfish plans for this weekend...including going to the Columbus Day parade, working on my computer(fun graphic design stuff), working on a photo album, spending time with the pets, starting exercising with the balance ball(got 2 tapes), and I think Andy comes Monday so we'll be having Japanese on Tues...yummmmy.

Anyway, yesterday I stayed o/p, drank my water, but no exercise...was kinda tired and drained...TOM is here. Today I am doing good too so that also makes me happy.

Oh, oh I have a funny nephew story...
He walkes up to his mom and asks, "So mom whatcha think?"
My sister responds,"ummm what do u mean"
and he answers, "I shaved", he is only 7yrs old
and then he adds,"oh and look I shaved my legs too...nice job right?"
My sister tells him, "Carlos, boys don't shave their legs only girls do"
and then he says"Gee, thanks a lot mom...you should have told me that before!"
Plus my sister told him he's not supposed to use his daddy's or anyother razor that's not his and he doesn't need to shave until he is older.

Sandyb: Glad to hear your feeling better...My brother passed away on Aug 8, 1997. Way to go! 3lbs good for you!

Pam: Oh that nephew story really cracked me up sooo cute. I always remember my brother when I hear the songs, "I'll Be Watching You", Sting and "I'll Be Missing You", Puff Daddy, remake of the previous song.

Faye: your nephew story was cute too.

Okay girls TGIF!! I'll check in later.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:42 PM   #4  

Lisa: YOU GET A: for points! You are doing fine! BTW, I never told you what a beautiful pic of you as your avatar! Also, I want everyone to know that I was NOT upset with you guys only teasing. I have to juggle so much stuff that I kind of get lost in a haze sometimes!

Dorothy: Actually, my story was something my daughter told her class, though my GRANDSON has been known to come out with some pretty outrageous stuff too. Your story was so cute. Blame it on MOM of course she is supposed to have eyes in back of her head!

It is a blah day here and I have been keeping late nights watching the CUBS play and I am pretty tired. I am an early morning person and am NOT a late nighter so even 10 pm is late for me.

Hope you all are planning a fun weekend for yourselves!

MISSY WHERE ThE HECK ARE YOU???????

Faye
Old 10-10-2003, 01:47 PM   #5  

Default Fun Friday To ya's!

OOOPs! I accidently posted on 31 before this. Sorry.

I'm sawee Faye if I upset you. You got the Bravo right though,
Thanks. Faye that one was for the 8th. It takes me all day to drink my water so I usually post late that night or the next day. As for the 9th I get points for exercise, and water only. I'm so sorry I'm letting you guys down, I will try harder on the next challenge I promise.

Sharing my daughters mixed words story: She was probably about three. I used to buy her tons of costume jewelry and "fancy" dresses from thrift stores and yard sales so she could play dress up. She loved it and would spend hours dressing and undressing, anyways one time she comes out in this dress with a belt around it and all these sequins everywhere, she hadn't had her hair done yet and she had a lipstickall around her lips, with yellow high heels and about 30 beaded necklaces. She looked hysterical. She came out and said "look Mommy",grinning from ear to ear,you could see in her eyes how beautiful she thought she looked. Grinning from ear to ear and in my most sincere and proudest voice I said to her, " Ohhhh Brittany! You look soooooo tacky!" She grinned so big and twirled around for me. She didn't know what tacky meant, but the way I said it made her think it was wonderful/beautiful. Some time later she told my mother how "tacky" her dress was. I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard!! Needless to say I had to do some explaining.

Y'alls stories were so dern cute that it reminded me of that, thanks for the smiles.

As for pounds down Friday I lost 3.6 pounds this week.

Sandyb congrats on your loss too!! 3pounds whooo-hooo girlie!!!

Have a fun Friday!
Lisa

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 10-10-2003 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:08 PM   #6  

Wow Lisa way to go girl good for you I am proud of you.

WTG: I have a corduroy skirt I loved to wear, but it didn't feet anymore, I even tried it a week before I started dieting and it was sooo tight I just pulled it off and put it in the bottom of my drawer. Yesterday I remembered about it again and took it out...I was curious and woooohoooo it fits now! Really happy about that and also my jeans fit like they used to. I had stopped wearing a lot of clothing because it didn't fit or was too tight, but I also refused to buy bigger sizes and that's how I ended up dieting again- I had nothing to wear! ANyway, my other dress pants fit now, but a little too tight still, so I am hoping in two or three more weeks they'll fit though.

Okay that's all for now, oh and Faye I was only teasing too about the bravos...I understand you have a lot going on, but even so you still manage to do great...you rock!So here it goes for staying on top of things

Take care girls.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:40 PM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello everyone

Just popping in - sorry I've not been here for a bit but Nige has been really busy on the computer and I've been busy filling in job application form for a great job in Ireland. And I've still got PMS ....it's been over a week now! Aaaaaah!

I'm doing better than I was but I'm still not completely back on programme - I'll sort myself out though and will have a really good week next week! (and I'm on programme today)

Thank you everyone for your kind words!

Love Amanda xx
Old 10-10-2003, 06:46 PM   #8  

Evening Ladies,
Just got home and thought I'd check in with you all. I totally blew it today......my friend made a big bowl of carmel popcorn and I ate a ton of it! Most sugar I've had in ages.....

So, I have the weekend to fit in 2 more 4 point days and I'll still make the challenge. Hmmmm, wonder if I can manage it???

No exercise today either, but I"m soooooo gonna work hard tomorrow! PROMISE!!

Well, nighty night ladies........see you in the morning.

Julie
Old 10-10-2003, 09:49 PM   #9  

Hi all,
I'm very tired. I get points for O?P,water and lots of exercise.

Night,night,

Lisa
Old 10-10-2003, 10:58 PM   #10  
I Can and I Will

Hello ladies!! i get all 4 again today!! Even did my pilates as well as the other exercises... Hope everyone had a great day... I will check in again tomorrow!! Night and sweet dreams!!

Sandy
Old 10-11-2003, 07:23 AM   #11  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS!!!!!!

SandyB: and a BIG for your weight loss!
Dorothy: and a BIG for getting into that skirt!
Lisa: for Thur and for Frid and a BIG for your loss too!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:36 AM   #12  

SATURDAY: Sunny Thoughts Saturday! We shared funnies yesterday, but does anyone have any other happy thoughts?

What a mess Jack's birthday dinner turned out to be, but it ended up ok. The wait at Olive Garden (which was where he picked to go) was over 70 minutes and we just felt it was unfair to make Thomas wait that long. That would have made dinner almost 8 pm and Jack had not eaten since 11 am so we went across the street to Hueys, which is a local Hamburger/bar kind of place. We had a good time though. Of course, T always thinks my food looks better than anyone elses so he ate all my mushrooms! He is such an imp, he would lean over and snatch one, look at me with devil in his eye and say, "I took one of your mushrooms." How many three year olds eat, mushrooms, dill pickles, smoked sausage, pepper jack cheese etc. She has him eating pretty much anything, but he hates bananas. Oh, btw, Jack liked his poem. I got big "smoochies" (what t and I call kisses) for it!

Today we are going to see Good Dog and I don't know whether he is going to like it or not, but we will have fun anyway.

**Sunny thought** From the annals of "dumb grandma stories" I bought him a present last night of a Halloween coloring book with stickers, a strip of other Halloween stickers and a box of washable markers to take to the restaurant to keep him busy and THEY DID! I thought I was being a smarty pants and bought him markers that "puff up" as they dry. NEVER LOOKED AT THE EXAMPLE! The $%^& stuff was PAINT not really markers though it did SAY markers. He was squirting paint everywhere trying to get it out of the tubes. It's a wonder everyone in the restaurant didn't go home polka dotted! What a mess you guys and of course HE LOVED THEM! We had to hide them in Jack's gift bag when his food came so he didn't take them home.

I have lost 3 lbs from the stuff I gained over my birthday, but I am still not back to my 317 to work from there. At least tomorrow is grocery day and I can get on my menus!

Have a good day ladies

Faye
Old 10-11-2003, 08:08 AM   #13  

Default Super Saturday To All!!

CONGRATULATIONS FAYE ON YOUR LOSS!!! to you too!

My sunny thought for today is that I am sore all over. I did floor exercises for 45 minutes last night as well as did the 1 mile WATP video and 28 crunches. Then I got up at 6am today and did 30 crunches and the video again. I'm glad I'm sore, because then I know I'm doing something right. Kind of an odd sunny thought, but I have to take what I can get.

Cya!
Lisa
Old 10-11-2003, 09:18 AM   #14  
I Can and I Will

WTG For Lisa and for Faye!! I am up ealry as well... DS woke us up at 7 or so...lol he was playing cars on us... we were the roads...LOL Stinker! Then once he knew we were awake he started singing Bon Jovi's Bad Medicine... hes such a hoot! Doctors appmt went well yesterday... i like her. She also set up an appointment for me with a plastic surgeon for my uneven breasts... Its gotten to the point that i wake up and cant breathe sometimes because of the pain. Hopefully we can get this fixed. She asked me if i had ever thought about it b4... i told her yes but i wanted to have my children first because i felt so strongly about breastfeeding... she commended m e for doing that... i thought that was rather nice... to be commended for your beliefs...lol anyhoooooooo... All this exercising is making me feel great!! I still need to get a tape measure so i can check inches and such but my body feels good...
OK... now i am babbling... lol sorry.
I will check back later dearies... love u all and take care of u!

oh yeah Faye CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! LOL

Sandy

ps... Lisa i love your pic!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 09:48 AM   #15  

Well, I got 4 points for yesterday.. yay!

Sunny thought:
We were at McDonalds a couple weeks ago and I had a flurry and some fries (I know.. naughty naughty..) but I was giving my daughter test tastes of the flurry off the tip of my finger. Of course, she loved it. Then Dave (my hubby) told me to try the sauce I was dipping my fries in.. You can imagine the face when she expected ice cream and got bar-b-que sauce instead! I never laughed so hard! I tried to make up for it with another taste of ice cream, but her look was so ttentative and worried I burst out laughing again.

SW:160
CW:156 still
GW:130
Closed Thread