Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 12:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/260/200

Unhappy Has this happened to anyone???

I have been doing Atkins Induction for three weeks and faithfully (with the exception of nuts for the past week) - but regarding the nuts I am faithful to having only one oz per day - a very small amount) ...today when I weighed myself, I gained a half pound. After three weeks, I've only lost a total of 5 lbs. I'm so bummed, I'm about ready to quit; but a friend of mine gave me the Atkins Accel (supplements to take). I just can’t imagine doing this for months and not loosing anything significant. I’m just really bummed. I’ll try it for another couple of weeks.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:01 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

LittleFreedom, I felt the EXACT same way you did, my 3rd week I gained 2 lbs, I cried and cried (poor hubby lol). Thats when I started looking at what I was eating and my calorie level. It was more so my calories. Bang the next week I lost the 2 lbs and 2 more.

Are you close to TOM ? that could be another reason.

Hang in there, it is soooooo worth it. And yes, it becomes easier with time.

Hugs !!!
I love that avitar lolol
Old 10-10-2003, 05:16 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking same here

Hi Little Freedom. I would have to agree with my pal Leens on this one. I too gained in week 2 but second time around I am not eating everything in sight but proper Atkins meals. I was always snacking, legal foods mind you but when I think back, way too much food. The diet sorry.....way of eating (WOE) works!!! Its that plain and simple. Are you relying on the Atkins bars and shakes? Although they are allowed on induction, most people react one way or another (gain or stall) while eating them. Use them sparingly. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! ps.....just another thing...no nuts of any kind are allowed in induction. That 1 oz might be the push, X 7days worth, is almost 1 Cup per week.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

There is a post in the LC FAQ section about stalls in your first few weeks, it might be worth a look.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Are they salted nuts? Alot of the first weeks weight is water, which you might have put back on with the salted nuts.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:46 AM   #6  

Hey, don't give up. The same thing happened to me last week, which was my second week, too. I was eating way too many nuts.

When stuff like this happens, I just try to remember that my body is doing its best to recover from all the years I've spent binging and dieting, and that anything I do now is going to be slow and steady.

It'll come off. Just keep trying.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:11 AM   #7  
reaching my goals

Hang in there Little Freedom. I've experienced the same problems. I'm a very slow loser. I've lost only 25 pounds since 24 June 2003. My first week I only lost 2 pounds, then 3 pounds the next week or vice versa. On week 3, I ate a small amount of Mexican food and gained 3 pounds. It took me all week to get the 3 pounds back off.

I slowly putted along, then discovered the meal bars, shakes, and snack bars. I thought I was in heaven---until I discovered that I wasn't losing anything.

I also was not exercising. I just started walking this last week and think that is helping a bit.

I too eat nuts andn seeds from time to time for a snack, but try not to do it every day. I probably would lose faster without them.

I was so frustrated with my slow pace that I resorted to Atkin's fat fast program. Both times I did only the 1000 calorie plan but didn't follow up with the 1200 calorie plan. I stayed on 1000 cal plan for 5 days first time and 4 days second time. Each time I lost 1 pound per day. I'm planning to do it again soon. It's a very rigid plan but one that works for me. Basically the fat fast is only for people who are metabolically challenged. It is all outlined at Atkinscenter.com if you're interested.

Hang in there. I had said the same thing that I would give it a couple more weeks....and here I am a few months later. My main reason for sticking with this diet is to lower my cholesterol. I spoke with my doctor last week about my 247 total cholesterol (tested in November 02). I will have it checked again in November. The Atkins plan goes against everything I've ever known about dieting...believe me I've tried most all of them.

Bottom line, I don't want to develop the other weight related problems that my mom has. I've always dieted to improve my appearance and self esteem. This time the foremost reason is my health.
Closed Thread