Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #1  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Default Cologne: how many sprays?

I wear cologne now. I spray once on my chest.

How many sprays and where?

Or just no?

Last edited by IanG; 03-21-2013 at 09:05 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #2  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I have to admit, cologne/perfume is something I judge people for!

It smells awful. It's not necessary. So many people slather themselves in perfumed lotions and sprays - it's an olfactory assault! I have one friend who will pet my cat, and my cat's head will smell like fabric softener an entire day (or two!) later. That's insane!

It can be hard to say something in real life to people - "hey, did you know your fake scents are appallingly strong?" - so I'd beg anyone who's reading, if you DO apply scented product, to go a little lighter. I think wearers become accustomed over time and don't realize just how strong stuff is. There might be someone in your life that has these same thoughts every time you waft by.

Take a bath, use your deodorant... and let live. No need to smell like a walking test tube of synthetic chemicals! Sorry, rant over.

edit - haha, didn't even realize this was the men's section. Advice still holds! Also, if anyone reading has Axe body spray, do yourself and the world a favor and throw that out.

Last edited by Desiderata; 03-21-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

Ouch. I wear Paco Robanne 1 million and love it! And I have only just started. I agree it is a fine line between OK and too much though!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #4  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Totally disagree! It takes everything I have some days not to stop men on the street and ask to sniff them! Lolol

I wish I knew what it was. I really should ask someday. I am too afraid of them thinking I am coming onto them or something!

But definately yes for cologne! One spray.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #5  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

One. On the skin, not the clothes. One spray right across your chest/neck is perfect.

I just started wearing perfume again after not wearing it since high school. I do the one spray I mentioned, and then occasionally a tiny spray at the nape of my neck to keep my hair smelling good (I do a sweaty, stinky job, lol).
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #6  

There is nothing like a good smelling man! I love when my husband wears cologne!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/250.8/130

Height: 5 ft

Default Allergic!

I can not tolerate floral perfumes. My nose will stuff right up and I have to walk away from whoever is wearing it. I have some very expensive perfume that I love but it's so strong. What I do is spray it on my wet hair (1 or 2 squirts) and then blow dry my hair. I can still smell it but it's not over powering and my hubby loves the smell of my hair. I'll also spray it on the back of my neck.

People need to stick to 1 spray and be thoughtful of those who are allergic
DiabeticDivaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #8  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
One. On the skin, not the clothes. One spray right across your chest/neck is perfect.
Exactly this. I love when people smell good, especially men, and wearing it on the skin warms the scent and makes it more natural and alluring. I think wearing it all over the clothes keeps it smelling synthetic and "chemically", much akin to Desiderata's experiences. (Also, anything that is described as a "body spray" is almost always going to smell more artificial than a true cologne or an oil-based scent, so props to you for going the cologne route in this over-Axed society!) Anyway, sorry for posting on the Men's board, but I am opinionated about this and couldn't help myself...lol.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 03-21-2013 at 11:01 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #9  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I love when men wear good cologne. I even like a light spray of the Old Spicey sprays. How are they suppose to know some random person is allergic. There are many smells in the air. Wear what you want. One spray though. You want it to enhance your own scent, not cover it.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

As one who is extremely allergic to perfume and cologne, just want to say please, oh please take into consideration the many of us whom you are quite literally making very ill when you load this stuff on. If you must wear it, a little dab'll do ya. We don't want to TASTE it!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #11  

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, but a few recent posts, such as this one, made me register. I am male and have never worn cologne, but would like to start. I just want to thank the poster for asking this, as I had the same question.
brothertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

Man so many of you would hate me in person! I suppose if you look at my past posts I spend a lot of time on how I look, clothes etc (which begs the question why it took most of my adult life to try and honestly and permanently lose weight.. oh well). This being said I love cologne. I am very very picky though. I naturally have a pretty deep "smell" which reacts wonderfully to cologne which has a little bit of citrus complimented by a woody undertone.

I put 2 puffs down each arm, 2 on my chest, one on each side of my neck and one on the front of my shirt. Its only strong the first hour or so then settles into something a little more mild. I also splurge on cologne though, name brand only, and nothing under a 4oz bottle (its just not worth the money). Not that I buy it full price, heck no I hunt down sales like a lion on the Savannah. If there is a BOGO sale, I;m on it. Coupon on the newest Calvin Klein? I already have it in my hand. 60-90 bucks a bottle is a little too steep, but 90 for two I can do that.

In my defense, I work retail so that's kind-of the environment I am in and gotta "dress the part."

Brothertoad: Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by Bluejaybythesea; 03-22-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #13  
Trying to be in the 160s

Quote:
I put 2 puffs down each arm, 2 on my chest, one on each side of my neck and one on the front of my shirt.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaybythesea View Post

I put 2 puffs down each arm, 2 on my chest, one on each side of my neck and one on the front of my shirt.
I work with men (and women) who do that and literally have to hold my breath when they are anywhere in the area, plus end up with swollen sinuse, extreme headache, etc. Plus I can TASTE it and it also settles in my hair and clothes to the point that I have to go home and shower, wash my hair and "bury" my clothes until they can be laundered. And I work with several other people who also have the same severe sensitivities/allergies to it.

I have gone to restaurants where the server comes up and is so loaded down with perfume it is hard to breathe.. and this around FOOD!!

Also, perfume/cologne contains over 500 chemicals, many of which are known carcinogens. People who wear large amounts of it are also exposing the rest of us to cancer causing substances.

I know this won't convince anyone to stop... where I work emails have gone out asking people to be considerate of it... and people still do it. But hey, I have to try.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I love a good men's cologne and swear I have fallen in love because a man smells good.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote