South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's the WEEKEND - MArch 23rd and 24th!

Saturday after a harrowing week and Linda is on her way the PHL right now. I am so looking forward to her visit and wish it was longer than 5 days - she goes back next Thursday. I have absolutely nothing planned except relatively healthy eating, dog petting and maybe some visiting. I imagine we will make a fair sized hole in the wine cellar. The dogs are excited - I don't know how they know company is coming.

Darned weather is nor co-operating. We are only 26ºF right now and it's going just to 39ºF with a few flakes of snow. They don't call us The Great White North for nothing! I think I may just stop reading forecasts and look out the window instead.

Have a great weekend. We intend to do the same!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhh, so jealous about your visit! I hope you enjoy your time together, and that we get to hear lots of stories .

DS has his friend downstairs, and it is quiet so far! I have no idea how late they stayed up....I guess we'll find out . Good thing the other child's mother is my best friend, so hopefully she'll be quick to forgive .

I don't have much planned today - maybe finish up taxes, clean some stuff up, start figuring out the menu especially for Easter. I do have a handsome (but noisy and demanding) kitty next to me. He told me the other day that he no longer wants to be called "The Walter", but instead he is now "Walter, the Magnificent!!!". I agree, it seems to fit him.

The coffee is strong today!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth and Linda - Have fun!

Twynn - Walter sounds like a real character!

I haven't seen the forecast yet today but as of last night we were in a winter storm advisory and expecting 6-10 inches tonight. I work the closing shift so I expect we'll have no customers and am hoping that the snow doesn't start until after I get home. I think I'll run to the store this morning and get the ingredients for soup.

DH talked with our son yesterday while I was at work. He is safely back at school, reunited with his puppy, and seems otherwise good. I so hate when I miss the boys' calls.

Have a great weekend.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm at work. We have about 6 inches of snow and it's still snowing so I'll bet you're going to get this later Karen!

Got a run have a great day everyone!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Had an incredibly fabulous dinner with Joe. Clean, more like immaculate eating for the next few days. Lingering over coffee and not much more on the agenda other than cooking for the week.

Got hooked up yesterday at the bike store! The mechanic gave me one if his wheels for free! Now I have a spare for my trainer yippee!!!

It is the little things in life that bring great pleasure. Linda and Ruth enjoy your time together.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I am wondering how late Linda and Ruth stayed up last night, drinking wine and giggling . I sure hope you two are having a great time!

Thank goodness the coffee is ready - I just haven't felt rested when I wake up in the morning. I shall soon be departing for my cat clinic, which I expect to be at nearly all day. Then bible study, that I made (oops, need to finish) raspberry white chocolate bars, and a veggie tray. I try to have one healthy item, one bad item...oh, and I'm bringing the rest of DS's brownies to get them out of the house!

I keep telling myself I need to put that last layer on the cookies now, in case I don't have time later....that little voice....I better listen to it!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm pretty sure Linda and I stayed up past midnight. Nobody was checking clocks when we went to bed. It seems like somebody was in my kitchen in the wee small hours and polished of a lot of moules mariniere and some wine. ("some" in the largest sense of the word.) I hate people messing up my kitchen when I'm asleep.

Nothing planned for today but who knows! We'll probably exchange a word or two over coffee.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Family crisis with a coworker required changing my plan at 330am and I'm heading in to work. Credit for checking in, weighing (post coffee/smoothe) and committing to staying OP. I have a plan for work and for dinner.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Back from our mini vacation and strictly on phase 1 until Thursday when we go to the parents' for a visit.

Linda & Ruth - I was going to say "have one for me" but sounds like you did I know you two are enjoying that visit.

Debbie - you are an inspiration to this slacker!

Twynn - hope you get a moment to catch your breath today.

I've got a long To Do list to get to. Happy Sunday Beachy friends!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was a cleaning day and getting groceries and dyeing my hair, still need to vacuum floors and still have some laundry left but got everything else done.

We are waiting for the storm that Karen should have gotten yesterday it is supposed to arrive by noon so we are staying in today.

Cottage and Ruth how fun, enjoy your time

Tywnn- Hope you get everything done today

Debbie you always inspire me with your planning

Cyndi it seems like it is always hard when visiting family to say no I can't eat something.

Jennifer yeah for getting a spare bike wheel.

Okay need to go run and do breakfast dishes Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Our manager let us close the store early last night to get home before the roads were bad. I think we got 6 or more inches of snow. Very wet and heavy. Might get more through tomorrow but not much. I helped DH shovel this morning. Just got off the treadmill. Will curl up with a book today.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #12  

Hello everyone,
Just sitting down to work on menu for the week. I have planned to cheat on Easter since Jan. 1st but I'll need to work hard to not jump the gun and cheat too soon. My plan is to try to hold it to the day only but I need to be really careful. Then Phase 1 for the following week. I am already quizzing the girls about what the Easter Bunny puts in their baskets and asking if they are going to share. I have wasted the weekend planning our October Disney trip which is one of my favorite time wasting activities. Next week is spring break for the girls so I'd better get to the planning. I hope everyone has a good week!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. It's officially my Friday, but I have many more hours to go before I see my nice, warm bed. I am going to have to hold myself to getting my stuff packed up tomorrow and Tuesday as it appears that my move will be happening sometime soon. I'm ecstatic that my mom seems to be coming around SOMEWHAT (she's still not happy about me being that far away, but she understands I need to move on)...I hope it stays that way.

Hope everybody is doing well. All is good on the homefront here.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Natasha, do you have good news???
Closed Thread