Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #1  

Default Binges getting less worse...is this progress??

I still binge eat when I am stressed ot sometimes, but I think they are becoming less bad. For example, last night I was in binge mode and I had 3 pieces of toast with butter and jelly, a chewy granola bar, some mashed potatoes, and a bowl of cereal and I went to bed. I realize this is not good, but in the past I've eaten peanut butter and nutella FROM THE JAR and was just like UNSTOPPABLE.

Even if it's still bingeing behavior, is it progress to be at least eating less during them?
CabernetKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I for sure am trying to think of it this way. I have more good days than bad days. The bad days are still there but there are less of them. Yesterday for example I had a healthy carb-free breakfast, a beautiful healthy salad for lunch and then I caved in the afternoon and had 2 cookies (afternoon is the worst time!) and then had pizza for dinner. Normally I would hate myself for destroying my day but I'm trying to at least remain positive about how well most of the day went.

The more good choices I make the easier it becomes to make good choices. I may not be perfect yet but at least I'm better than I was.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Since I was (I hope that using the past tense will remain correct!) a binge eater, I would view it as a success. It's taken me several months to get to the point where I don't allow myself to eat off plan. And, quite truthfully, I'm pretty sure I'll have a relapse some day. But I'm trying to get to the point where I can work having a PB&J sandwich as part of my overall diet without resorting to eating the PB right out of the jar resulting in eating enough of it for about 10 sandwiches.

I've gotten to the point where I don't binge on my trigger foods any more, but I'm not to the point where I can have the foods in the house and eat them in reasonable portion sizes. Baby steps!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Yes, i think so. "Normal" people will have times when they are extra hungry and eat a lot in one sitting. I would not consider that binging.

The only thing that has affected how bad my binges are, is how badly i dieted right before that time. When i've dieted really hard, i've had binges where i ate an entire cake (and other stuff). If i'm not dieting, my binges are kind of benign. So, good for you for reducing your binges.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #5  
Wellness and Weight Coach

Height: 5 '8'

I myself tend to use Affirmations in the morning to help with any food cravings. I use visualizations of my ideal body and use affirmative statements.. I understand how it can be when you feel out of control. I think the self esteem for regulating your behavior using mental techniques is priceless.. At least it has been for me....
actualize81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by actualize81 View Post
I myself tend to use Affirmations in the morning to help with any food cravings. I use visualizations of my ideal body and use affirmative statements.. I understand how it can be when you feel out of control. I think the self esteem for regulating your behavior using mental techniques is priceless.. At least it has been for me....
What kind of mental techniques?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by actualize81 View Post
What are Affirmations?
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #8  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

I would say yes. The things I will binge on are things like mixed nuts and protein bars now. Or pork rinds with artichoke spread (not the best but at least not a ton of carbs). Where before, I'd actually go to the store and buy chips, ice cream, candy and little debbie snack cakes. I could eat an entire box. I haven't done that for probably almost a year now. I would say yes you are making progress. Remember even thin people eat bad days and eat a lot of food at once. It doesn't make you a monster to eat a lot of food, just don't let it bring you down into a spiral.

As a side note, now I'm trying to focus as much as possible on losing weight and that sitting on the couch eating junk isn't nearly as enjoyable as wearing nice, well fitting clothes will be or as nice as not panicking all the time that I won't fit/won't break something. Things like that
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote