Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #1  
Sweat Is Fat Crying

S/C/G: 332/259.0/210

Height: 6' 4.5"

Default Starting to struggle..getting annoyed.

Today has probably been one of the worst days i've had so far, my weight loss is just not coming along like i thought it would. The last week was very rough due to personal problems but i did a pretty good job in controlling my eating for what happened.

I was extremely close earlier today to just saying "screw this stuff" (to put it very politely) and go off on an eating spree but i stopped myself from doing it and just went outside for a while.

I'm eating right and working out but surely i couldn't have hit a plateu after losing just 15 lbs?

Think i might buy a punching bag...
IrishLad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

First, a punching bag is actually a great workout, and second don't give up :/. Granted you're going through some **** that's not easy to simply ignore - and perhaps that calls for some slack given to your goals. Slack however is nothing as dramatic as just stopping. If you weigh daily, go weekly, if you count calories or watch meals vigorously then instead just keep a passive eye on what's going on. When you are no longer feeling down then jump back into the deep end.

What may or may not be a comforting thought is this forum will always be here for you .
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #3  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

It seems like the first few lbs are always the quickest to come off... then it comes off slower and slower... at least that's what I have been noticing so far!

Don't let it get you down and stick with it. I have been wavering back and forth on the same 3 lbs for the last couple of weeks now. It's frustrating as **** after the first 20 lbs was relatively painless. But I just keep reminding myself that its not all about the number on the scale. It's how I feel, how my clothes fit, getting some strength back to my body and generally just improving my overall health. Don't give up!

Punching bag sounds like an excellent stress reliever/exercise!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

Silverfire: yeah, I feel ya. For me the first 40 lbs just fell off, but the 230s have been slow-goin'.
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #5  

I'm glad you posted here with your frustration rather than going off plan and giving up.

I promise you that we have all been in your shoes and it's the most frustrating thing ever. Sometimes the only thing that makes me feel better is knowing this happens to all of us at one point (or more) during our weightloss mission.

When I am feeling like I don't make enough progress even though I am eating perfect on plan and working my butt off, I try on clothes to measure my progress or go for a long walk indulging in the fact that I have made my body stronger. There are so many more ways than what the scale says to measure our progress.

The scale will reward us as long as we keep on our plan, it's a promise.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #6  
Sweat Is Fat Crying

Thanks everyone seeing what you said really did make me feel better.

My clothes are fitting ALOT better, i feel way more active and i have gotten alot stronger since i started. Only 1 or 2 people have noticed a difference in me so far.

Today is the start of a 2 week vacation from college and hopefully by the time i get back a few people in my class will notice changes.(mini mental goal i set myself). It seems like i've been obsessing about that gosh darned with sprinkles on top scales subconsciously. The main thing is tho i'm feelin a **** of a lot more healthy than when i first started and that's the most important thing.

I'm just after kicking my *** in a 45 min MMA workout, sweating away the stress.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

You got this! The scale plays tricks on us, maybe dudes get whooshes too? lol. At the beginning of this week I had gained a pound and stayed there for like 2 days then ended up losing 5 lbs for the week. And I started around the same as you, don't sweat it. It'll come off.
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #8  
Sweat Is Fat Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLad91 View Post
It seems like i've been obsessing about that gosh darned with sprinkles on top scales subconsciously.
Lol i have to laugh at the great job 3fatchicks did to censor my feelings about my scales.

Thanks Sunday i know it will come off eventually, nothing comes easy in this life i guess. We are after starting off with very similar starting weights and goals. Best of luck melting away the pounds.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #9  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I just went though a stretch of a few weeks where I didn't lose. Before that I was steadily losing between 1 and 3 pounds per week. It was tough, but I eventually got through it and started losing again. For me, I had slacked a bit in my diet, which caused my weight loss to stall. If you haven't been doing anything like that, then I guess you just have to try your best to be patient and wait to get past the plateau -- which you will.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 408/345.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Just remember those little numbers on the scale add up to a big number total! Keep your head up!
Patti909 is offline   Reply With Quote