Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2013, 02:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/239/168

Height: 5'3'

Default Im confused & discouraged

I've been trying to lose my extra weight for about 19 years now...weight watchers (eight times in one year)....LA weight loss...Richard Simmons..Jenny Craig...atkins...almost every diet I've ever heard of......I'm soooo lost I don't know what to eat anymore...I have lost about 21 lbs from my highest weight over the years but I just need to see some quick changes...I know slow is better but the thought of another fat,uncomfortable summer is just not thrilling...sorry to sound so disgusted but they are my deep true feelings about my weight....heeeeeeellllllppppp. shirl2sam
shirl2sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #2  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Shirl!

I've been on a lot of diets over the years. Atkins and calorie counting mainly. Rinse repeat. I'm using intuitive eating now and it's the best thing I've ever done. It's living in maintenance. I'm using Paul McKenna where part of the program is feeling good about yourself right now. Not just for what your body looks like but what it can do. And it's about enjoying life, having a good relationship with food and your own body's hunger and nutrition signals. It does require exercise, but something that you enjoy.

I have been losing fairly quickly, but with IE - you have to accept that you'll lose at the rate you lose. That's kind of the tricky bit.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I like your ideas AlmostMe! Rinse and repeat, haha, yep. A reminder I frequently need.

Shirl- They are many of our true feelings, don't feel bad about venting. I know the feeling of uncomfortable Summers though, as least we can both rest assured we are on our way! Good luck!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Shirl2sam,

Wishing you success!

Did you have a favorite diet out of all of those? I mean, one you were able to stick with the longest or one that your body responded to the best?

Did you like going to Weight Watchers meetings? Was it motivational?

Have a lovely day!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/140/130

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default don't be down

Celebrate your progress thus far and maybe make small changes in your diet over time. If you are looking for faster change, I suggest checking out the book Wheat Belly. The last ten pounds I lost came off quickly by cutting wheat from my diet on most days. Good luck and keep at it.
liveonfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 262/262/175

I'm in the same boat. I am just starting...again. I would love to have some buddies with some of the same goal ranges which it looks like a couple of you do!
momof3chickies is offline   Reply With Quote