Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 07:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default October Boot Camp

Come on in! This thread is not for the faint of heart. This challenge thread is for those who want to make a commitment to setting goals, formulating plans to achieve those goals, and just plain work your butt off!

Set the goals of your choice. Pick a diet plan of your choice. Pick the exercise of your choice. Pick the method of accountability of your choice whether its a food journal, personal coach or Fitday.

Its a fact that if your set your goals, make a personal commitment to achieving those goals, and are personally acountable each day, you will be much closer to achieving what you want than if you just flounder through unfocused on a daily basis.

That's what this thread is all about. Its about being focused. No whining, no griping, no negative stuff. Bad days happen and in boot camp we just pick ourselves up and move on.

State your goals and how you're going to achieve these goals and lets be able to post positive results on October 31st.

Be realistic and join in at any time.

And let's HAVE FUN!

Old 10-01-2003, 07:35 AM   #2  

I'll post my goals tonight. I've already done my mornings exercises - one of my goals for getting my exercise minutes back up.

Come on in and join us!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:43 AM   #3  

Exercise isn't a problem for me. I walk a lot. But yesterday I had a bad day. I think I am feeling sorry for myself as my husband is working OT and going to school 2 nights a week. So I saw him for 1/2 hour for 2 days. So I spend the afternoon alone and most of the evening. If the weather is good I can take a walk, but we have had a lot of rain. So this is a new month and a new day. So I shall try again . I know I can do this. Watching Dr. Phill helped. My goal is 100 miles for the month, mostly walk in case of rain cycle inside. Weightloss of 5. I will also record my food intake better. We will do a great job together.

Last edited by fern; 10-01-2003 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:51 AM   #4  

I forgot to state when I started this journey- in 2/02/2001 my weight was 188. Know I am at 170. I have lost 19.5 all over body inches. I have 20 more pounds to go. I have diabetes and thyroid problems so it has been slow. I hope off of the insulin things will do better.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:59 AM   #5  

246/234 this morning/200 by Christmas

Weighted in at 234 this morning, no weigth loss since last Sunday. Will start exercising today. I will be able to walk 1 1/2 miles 4 times a week by the end of the month, I will watch my portions, and not overfill my plate starting today.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:13 AM   #6  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Talking I'm in!

I think I need to kick my own butt in October to make up for some slacking in September (foodwise anyway):

Weight Goal - 265
Exercise - 1710 minutes, burn at least 3500 calories a week (per Diet Power)
Food - Track it, and stay under 1700 calories a day average.

psm
Old 10-01-2003, 07:09 PM   #7  

I had 1 cup of chili for supper with a large salad. I am very conscious of the size of my portions. I walked 3 miles and cycled at home for 10 minutes,2.5 miles. My evening snack is my usual hot chocolate made with splenda.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:37 AM   #8  

Hi gang,

Welcome to everyone! Looks like we've got very doable goals.

I've not set aggressive weight loss goals the last couple of months because usually when I do...I gain. However, while I'm making progress, I'm not truly kicking butt. I'm setting aggressive goals this month.

I want to be at 240 by month end. I will continue to eliminate white flours, high sugar, starchy foods and processed sugar. I will focus on lean means, good fats and good carbs. I will continue to use Balance Log to track my calories.

My target calories will be under 1800 and average exercise calories 500 per day.

Have a great day!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:48 AM   #9  
this time I mean it!!!

Default three days in...

and I was a little piggy yesterday! A dear friend is going through some bad stuff (unemployment, bad relationship) so I took him and his daughter to dinner .... is chicken fried steak with gravy, eggs, and pancakes at all low cal???

I've got lunch plans with friends today, at our favorite BBQ place, so at least I'll get my calories out of the way early. And I have a session with the evil trainer tonight and tomorrow morning so I'm hoping that will help counteract the eating of the past 2 days.

Happy Friday all!

psm
Old 10-06-2003, 07:34 AM   #10  

Good morning bootcampers!

Sorry for being awol for a few days but we've had family in town and then a two day family reunion this weekend.

It was a great weekend but way too much food. and not enough exercise.

But I'm back in the right frame of mind this morning and ready to kick butt with exercise and get food back in line. Yuck to food!

How was everyone's weekend? Hope that you are all doing well on your plans.

Let's get remotivated and rockin' this Monday morning!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:43 AM   #11  

Good morning!

Its humpday already! And the month is slipping by too quickly.

I've had two great food days - well within my plan. I've also been trying to work in more exercise. I've done my morning exercises three times this week and I've started walking the dog in the morning as well as at night. Monday night, I got in 20 minutes on the spinner. I didn't have time last night before class but will try to tonight before church class.

Hope you're all out kickin' butt and sticking to your plans!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:09 AM   #12  

Yesterday was a "bad" day with hormone mix into things. pms+2 pound wieght gain. Tough day. But I exercised a lot. Did 2 mile tape, walked 2 more miles. Plus did 5 miles on my stationary bike.So I guess a 50/50 day.I feel a bit discouraged right now so I am trying to do one day at a time. Sometimes I feel like the wieght will never come off even with all the work I do. No one understands my frustration. My doctors say you are still loosing wieght, but 20 pounds in 2 years come mon. I have 20 more to go. Today I feel like I am at the bottom of the hill wlaking my way back up.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:52 PM   #13  
this time I mean it!!!

Been doing okay so far...TOM is here, and amazingly instead of craving sweets, I don't want to eat at all! Of course I haven't felt like working out either, but I made myself go yesterday and it did help the mood.

psm
Old 10-09-2003, 07:56 AM   #14  

Hi ladies,

Hey, Fern, you just have to hang in there and don't give up. I know it seems slow and I completely can identify with your frustration. I seem to be losing at an incredibly slow pace too. But like the doctor said, a few pounds off a year is so much better than a gain. Don't look at just the numbers. You're exercising lots so you have probably replaced fat with muscle so while it doesn't seem like you've accomplished much if you look at the scale, in reality, you've done wonders for your health. That's what this is about - your health. Hang in there and keep motivated!
Old 10-10-2003, 09:22 AM   #15  

WEll I am still doing my "thing",exercise. Lots of walking. I feel good and have decided I am going to go a week with no scale. I am going for a 3 mile walk to shop and will have to carry the stuff I buy home. I am visually impaired and no longer drive. But it is so nice out.
Closed Thread