South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default A Not Special Thursday Chat - March 21

Sorry some of you got creeped out by yesterday's thread title but the first day of Spring IS special. It was so special we had another dump of snow - not much but still ... I am so OVER winter!

Donna comes to clean today so I have my usual morning of tidying before she gets here. I know that sounds silly but ... She brings along her wee Yorki-Poo Lulu who loves playing with Jazz. Lulu is barely five pounds and 13 pound Jazz lies down to play with her. Dogs sure know how to have fun. I wish I'd remembered to shovel the deck steps yesterday when the snow was soft as even Jazz was having trouble getting up them this morning.

Our poor wee village is dying. Bob's Diner closed last fall leaving the business block empty and our part-time pharmacy closes at the end of the month. Just got word yesterday that the Post Office will no longer be open on Saturday morning. That leaves us with a booze store and a grocery store. It'll be a difficult summer for the Mill, I think, because tourism is generally down. People who visit want a place for a coffee and sandwich. Maybe a miracle will happen.

Time to pour another mug of Paul and then organize the trash for the trudge to the road. You'd think it was a mile to the road instead of 50 feet from the side door. Get with it, Ruthie!

Two more sleeps until Linda comes to visit.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL! I love the title of today's thread Ruthie! So sorry to hear about your little town, I now realize you hadn't mentioned the diner in months . Where are you going to take Linda to dine?! I did see an article that rural Canada needs vets, whaddaya think?!?!

Yesterday was a whirlwind, but I got a lot done. Thanks to Paul, I even got a work out in! Today is just another long day at work, and hopefully it will go by quickly for the weekend to get here .
Old 03-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I have to hand it to you, Ruth, for the most interesting titles for our Daily Thread, . That is so sad to hear about all the businesses closing in Delta. With such an influx of campers and tourists in the summer, maybe it will inspire an enterprising person to buy Bob's Diner and the Longhorn building and open up again.
PS - tell Donna to don't forget to vacuum under my bed!

It's snowing here on this first full day of spring. The sun is supposed to make an appearance later, though. I don't have to go in until later since I have to stay late today. My plan is to take the girls out for pizza and let Audrey pick out an outfit for her birthday present from me. She also has several gift cards that are burning a hole in her pocket, so it should be a fun evening.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I chuckled at today's thread title.

Ruth I love small towns? it is sad to hear you are losing another business. it's funny I prefer to travel to more intimate places. I am not a big fan of crowds. I like calm. I bet you and Linnda will have a great visit. Linda it looks like we are in for more of the white stuff too.

So happy to be off!!! Granted today I am staying home to do chores. I do want to go to the bike shop as they are having a sale. Mama needs a new tire for her bike!!

I was asked to participate as a panelist to honor women in law enforcement in celebration of women's history month. There were six of us of various ranks. Well now I know what it feels like to be on Oprah! So much for the "rehearsed questions." Afterwards I was approached by people who attended and told I was very entertaining. I hope that was a compliment. it was video taped and photos were taken. I hope to never see the video lol as I do not want to know what I said. My buddy John was there as the bag pipe band played. They had a traditional Irish lunch which was awesome. I love, love, love shepard's pie.

Well I guess I better get the bills paid, first to do on my list. Have a great day
Old 03-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
Saying hello from my iPhone since I don't seem to have Internet this morning. It's raining pretty hard today but will go to the pool anyway.... It's always nice and warm but I'll wear a hat so my head doesn't get wet. I still have a little bit of a cold hanging in there.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth that is sad to hear, it is the same where my MIL lives, everytime we go to visit another business has closed, so sad.

Cottage I know you are getting excited for your upcoming visit

Tywnn way to fit everything in

Jennifer that sounds like fun, you will have to let us know if it gets put on utube so we can watch

Debbie Have fun at the pool.

Didn't sleep very well last night ugh, tonight is Disney on Ice so I have to ride the bus home and then come back to St. Louis with DD2 and her gf to watch. DH volunteered if I am too tired, but I like watching those shows they are so good.

It is bitter cold here should start snowing tomorrow through the weekend, didn't the groundhog see it's shadow

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

We are expecting snow today too! Just a couple of inches. But there is a storm brewing that is due this weekend.

Minor scary moment this morning - got an article in the newsfeed from my son's college that a student died in Cabo on Spring Break, which is where my son is vacationing. Turns out (after internet research) that he was at the same resort as my son. He's older, different major, and different frat. I'm eager to hear from my son; he's due back on campus tonight.

Off to yoga soon.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

A fly by as we pack for a short trip to the coast. Yes, it's cold but it's still the ocean! I'll be back later
Old 03-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #9  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good afternoon. First day of spring, eh? It's 39 degrees outside, which is a January temperature for us. I've had no heat. AND no water. AND no internet-phone-TV until a half-hour ago. So it's been a very...contemplative day.

And I have much to do to make up for all of this, so I apologize for whining and flying off, but there I go.

I hope everyone else has a very nice day, with all of the comforts of home in place, and pleasant, hassle-free travel!!
Closed Thread