South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default A Special Wednesday Chat

Happy
First Day
of
Spring

If I say it often enough, maybe I'll believe it. The weatherperson didn't get the memo because we have 3 more days of snow after yesterday's big dump. I've been looking at seed catalogues and planning my garden which helps somewhat. I think I got spoiled by March 2011 when we had a very early spring.

Just found out yesterday that people have been leaving me messages and I've not been getting them. (My line beeps when I have them but I'm just getting dial tone. I guess my next phone should have a flashing light.) The good news is that I have managed to avoid a funeral yesterday. Besides returning calls today, I'll need to go through the rigmarole with Bell to get it fixed.

Supposed to get above freezing today so I will get out and shovel off the deck and stairs for the doggage and see if I can spot any signs of spring.

I haven't seen a crocus or a rosebud,
Or a robin or a bluebird on the wing,
But I feel so gay in a melancholy way,
That it might as well be spring

There's the Wednesday ear worm.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I actually forgot that today is the first day of SPRING, Ruth, since winter is doing it's darnest to make a comeback. Thanks for the reminder! Good luck with Bell getting your phone straightened out today. I know around here it's a very stressful experience to try to ahold of the phone provider and talk to a real person.

I have to stop by Dad's this morning for yet more paperwork and make a stop by the post office before work this morning. I should be getting off early today, so I promised Dad that I'd finally start going through Mom's clothes this evening. That's a job that I'm not looking forward to, but it must be done.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just discovered that I have 47 messages that I didn't know about. Also discovered that my notification was turned OFF. I bet the darn leprechauns or gremlins did it!

Weill be thinking of you this evening, Linda. Another hard step for you but it must be done. Only three more sleeps until you're here.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Ruth, thanks for that cheery reminder. The title of the thread had me a bit nervous about what you were going to say....but it was good! I had a feeling we'd have one more snow, and we sure did....so NOW we can bring on spring! (the birdie screaming outside my window agrees!)

Cottage - hugs tonight while at dad's, I'm not sure I could do it yet. Then, when I went to visit mom the day after dad passed, she was already cleaning out everything (she is a stubborn old goat though )

Well, I'm a bit worn out today from the last two days, and I'm not sure today is going to be much better. I have cookies to make this afternoon for the teacher's birthday too - gratefully, they have marshmallows in them, so I'm not very tempted. (I'll keep telling myself that) Maybe tonight the kids will be good?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. No spring here yet. I'm getting my hair done. Will run any errands I can think of since the weather today is not expected to be as bad as the coming days and I'm not working. Making a farro dish for dinner tonight. 27 years ago today I had my first date with DH. 26 years ago today my dad died. Time flies.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy Spring, too bad it doesn't feel like it we have snow in the forecast for the next 5 days, I am so glad we are going to Florida next week to get away

Gotta run for now, to Cottage that is a hard thing to do.

Have a great day everyone
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #7  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks for the spring greetings -- although it's 40 degrees here, at least 10 degrees cooler than most first days.

Cottage, my heart goes out to you. I went through the same thing four years ago, and I know it's hard. Yet it was somehow part of the healing.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Late, I know. We traveled yesterday and stayed up late watching basketball. Fasting last eve for 6am bloodwork...home to groom the pup before heading to the pool....lunch right after...friend came to visit and here I am.

It's a pretty dreary day here but Spring is definitely in the air. A few more snowstorms and we should be good.

See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth you got me too! Glad to see TwynnB and I are in the same page. I got nervous when at this hour 7:02) I didn't see the daily thread. When I realized the title I too got nervous lol. But you are right today is special as are all of us chickies
Closed Thread