Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 12:41 PM   #1  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Surgery Cancelled....

Thanks to everyone who gave me all the kind well-wishes.

I got up at 4:45 this morning to shower and get ready and drive to downtown Seattle.... got there at 6am, right on time, to find that I was not on their schedule for the day.

Apparently the surgeon's office called to cancel the surgery, but didn't bother calling and telling me about it.

So, long story short, the senior surgeon who has to be there to assist the junior surgeon because my case is beyond her ability to fix by herself (I knew this and was okay with it.) has been missing for over a MONTH. He hasn't called, he hasn't shown up and they have had no contact with him at all. She is being forced to shut down his practice!

So, I have to now go find a whole new surgeon and plan to do this surgery - and hope that the insurance company will pay for more pre-op office visits. *Sigh*

I was apparently meant to NEVER have this surgery - this is the THIRD time it's been cancelled/rescheduled. They were waiting for him to come back!

I'm not going to pursue anything for a while. I need a BREAK!!

In case you missed it - I posted a picture that I took of my dh and dd in the pumpkin patch... here it is again because I am just that proud of it.

[IMG] http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EJSFP77...%28post%29.jpg [/IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited by StorybookMama; 10-09-2003 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:04 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

That's too bad Lisa! Sounds like the surgeon was perhaps not the right one to do the work anyways? not very reliable.

I don't blame you for sitting it out for awhile. Not sure how long you had to wait to get the surgery scheduled tho and you should keep that in mind in your planning.

Froufy
Old 10-09-2003, 01:22 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

MAN OH MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I guess it just wasn't in the stars. There's a reason for everything Lisa, I just hope your not suffering in the mean time. HUGS !!

I can not see the picture you posted, it comes up as "page can not be found" ? DARN !!!!!

HUGS and I'm glad your here
Old 10-09-2003, 01:26 PM   #4  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Thanks - I fixed the link - now try.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:36 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

OMG that is the best picture ever !! Hope your gonna frame that...

Thanks
Old 10-09-2003, 01:37 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Lisa, my boss is going to Seattle next week, should I tell her to stop by LOL !!!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 01:56 PM   #7  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Lisa - I'm so sorry it was cancelled - but grateful that the junior surgeon didn't cut any corners and try to handle the situation alone.

Your dh and dd and adorable - what a wonderful picture!!!
I would take a break too - and who knows, 15 more lbs. down and all the healthier you will be when the surgery is at some point performed.

Kim
Old 10-09-2003, 10:56 PM   #8  
reaching my goals

Wow Lisa! I've heard of signs before but nothing like your surgery cancellation issues. I agree that this probably wasn't a good surgeon for you.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:27 PM   #9  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink poor you....

doesn't that beat all? I can't believe they didn't call you about cancelling. Sorry to hear that you stressed about this only to get there to be sent home. I don't blame you for wanting some time before booking the next surgery. Hopefully you won't be in any discomfort. tc
Closed Thread