Old 03-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #1  

Default How long was your plateau?

I am in a horrible plateau. My first 5 weeks, I lost 13lbs. My next 5 weeks, I've lost.....4lbs. None at all this week either. I'm losing motivation even though I'm sticking to it for now. I wonder if it's because I'm at 180 now and it just isn't designed to easily get you smaller than that or something. I do have health problems that effect my metabolism, but this is getting to be an expensive waste of money. Any ideas? Commiseration?
corisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #2  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Maybe eat normally for a short period of time...sort of trick your body and then get back on track? I don't know...we all have plateaus, and my understanding has always been just to keep on the same track and loss will begin again. However, some stuff I have been reading lately suggests it is a sign that your body is resisting, so to basically trick it. Just like exercise...you get better results when you don't do the same old thing day in day out. Mix up what you are eating so that you aren't eating the same stuff all of the time. Hope that helps! (Keep in mind, I am NOT a MRC coach Just what seemed to help me.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

When I hit a plateau, I ate lots of fish and celery for a couple days.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote