Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/20/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #2  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

I've seen this somewhere in these threads, but can someone exlain to me how this diet affects TOM? I have been in peri menopause (or so I thought) since July: hot flashes, no TOM.. I've been doing IP since March 8th and bam, here's my period!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Im pretty new to this diet, but from what I understand our fat cells contain estrogen as well. Once you are in Ketosis the fat along with everything else is released causing a spike in estrogen levels, therefore causing irregularity in TOM cycles (I think)...lol. Ladies?????
Old 03-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
Im pretty new to this diet, but from what I understand our fat cells contain estrogen as well. Once you are in Ketosis the fat along with everything else is released causing a spike in estrogen levels, therefore causing irregularity in TOM cycles (I think)...lol. Ladies?????
I'm pretty new too but that's generally how I understand it to work ...
Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #5  

I've been on IP for 5 weeks and today I am going to check out the alternatives on Nashua Nutrition ... I'm a bit nervous but have read enough here and feel comfortable with everyone's results. I'm not giving up my coach ... he's great so I'll still buy something when I go see him .. man that stuff is pricey!

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all!

newday2013, not sure about the TOM thing, did hear that losing weight does
throw things off for us women! I know I had worst headaches during my last cycle, never did before. ;(

Had a good WI last night down 3, yay!!
Lost 9 in three weeks, think I've been trying to lose
this 15lbs since I had my kids, which are 20 and 17yo, LOL!
This is the first program to actually budge the fat!!
6lb to goal!! The hardest part for me will be the summer boating
activities! Drinks,snacks, bbqs!! UGH!
Hopefully everything my coach is teaching me will continue for a lifetime!!
The sun is actually shining today, still cold though, doesnt feel like
Spring! Soon we will probably be complaining its too hot! oh well.

Time to get to work! Thanks for all the inspiring posts, it really helps to
have the support and ideas from all of you!
Have an awesome day everyone!!
D

wk1 5
wk2 1
wk3 3
Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #7  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all. Just got this as part of my daily FDA alert email. I think it may have been mentioned before in a thread, but if not:

FDA Warns Consumers Not to Eat Certain ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream Bars Manufactured by Pro-Amino International, Inc., Quebec, Canada
03/18/2013 05:20 PM EDT

Pro-Amino International Inc. is recalling protein bars which may contain Salmonella. The product is the ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream Bar, sold in 210 gram (7.4 oz.) packages, 7 bars per package, bearing UPC 6 21498 42238 1, lot code CR 18 13B, and Best Before date of 2015-08.

. For detailed information pertaining to this Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts message, please click the link at the beginning of this bulletin.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Congrats!!! Those are great numbers!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #9  
Started IP 11/28/12

Good morning everyone! I'm up early today. Decided to get in a bit of exercise first thing rather than waiting to come home after work when I'm exhausted!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, 100% OP day!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 143/133/120

Height: 5' 2"

Ooh, so not a fan of the potato purée
Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmcnamee View Post
I've been on IP for 5 weeks and today I am going to check out the alternatives on Nashua Nutrition ... I'm a bit nervous but have read enough here and feel comfortable with everyone's results. I'm not giving up my coach ... he's great so I'll still buy something when I go see him .. man that stuff is pricey!

Hope everyone has a great day
I use Nashua for almost everything. Including the bars mentioned below. I had one last night, I will check my boxes tonight when I get home. I'm sure if there was an issue I'd already know about it but thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Good morning all. Just got this as part of my daily FDA alert email. I think it may have been mentioned before in a thread, but if not:

FDA Warns Consumers Not to Eat Certain ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream Bars Manufactured by Pro-Amino International, Inc., Quebec, Canada
03/18/2013 05:20 PM EDT

Pro-Amino International Inc. is recalling protein bars which may contain Salmonella. The product is the ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream Bar, sold in 210 gram (7.4 oz.) packages, 7 bars per package, bearing UPC 6 21498 42238 1, lot code CR 18 13B, and Best Before date of 2015-08.

. For detailed information pertaining to this Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts message, please click the link at the beginning of this bulletin.
Thanks. These are my FAVORITE they're six carbs and delicious.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubie View Post
Ooh, so not a fan of the potato purée
You should give it another try but mix it with the soup or cauliflower for extra flavor.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #13  

Good Morning!!
I have been on Ideal protein for 5 weeks now- just had my 4th weigh in on Monday and I am excited to say that I've lost 27.2lbs!! I feel awesome and am so excited for this journey.
I do have at least one concern though- I have really REALLY large calves. I always have. There is plenty of fat on them, but they are mostly muscle. On this diet we tend to keep most of our muscle and I am concerned that the rest of my body will get smaller but my calves will look like they belong to Popeye! Have anyone else run into this? Any suggestions to get them long and lean?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
I've seen this somewhere in these threads, but can someone exlain to me how this diet affects TOM? I have been in peri menopause (or so I thought) since July: hot flashes, no TOM.. I've been doing IP since March 8th and bam, here's my period!
When you lose fat, estrogen gets released into the bloodstream (since estrogen is stored in fat cells). There are a lot of changes when that happens. I had a TOM after about a year of not having one. There have been a lot of IP babies born.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #15  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephieDanger View Post
Good Morning!!
I have been on Ideal protein for 5 weeks now- just had my 4th weigh in on Monday and I am excited to say that I've lost 27.2lbs!! I feel awesome and am so excited for this journey.
I do have at least one concern though- I have really REALLY large calves. I always have. There is plenty of fat on them, but they are mostly muscle. On this diet we tend to keep most of our muscle and I am concerned that the rest of my body will get smaller but my calves will look like they belong to Popeye! Have anyone else run into this? Any suggestions to get them long and lean?
I don't know how much more you have to lose, but the weight does not come off evenly in this process. When you get down to a healthy body fat percentage, it should all even out. It seems like the area we want to lose the most from, is the last to go.

I think standing calf raises help to make them long and lean.

Last edited by ragdoll74; 03-20-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Closed Thread