Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/206/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello, fellow chicks!

Hi, I'm Dorothy

I just turned 21 and I've decided that this year is going to be my year. I've been fat all of my life and I'm at the point where I don't want to miss out on everything just because I'm self-conscious about my weight. In the past year I've lost 17 lbs, so I've been getting more and more motivated.

My heaviest weight was at 223 pounds, then I started Weight Watchers for a few months and lost about 7 lbs. Obviously WW works, but you just have to be very dedicated. I maintained the weight for a few more months up until September 2012 when I had my first period and I lost 2 lbs from that. I believe I have PCOS because I've only had 2 periods and I noticed that I have most of the symptoms. I'm kind of freaking out because I just found out and I know I need to go to the doctor to get it checked...but I've had bad experiences, so I'm trying to wait until I'm comfortable enough to go again.

Anywho, a little over a year ago I decided to cut fast food restaurants (besides Chick-Fil-A ) and soda. Although, once in a blue moon I'll eat and drink it. Now that I watch what I eat, I managed to lose another 7-8 lbs Currently, I'm using the app MyFitnessPal to count calories because I've noticed with WW, if you write down what you eat you're more likely to lose weight. If you know any other useful health apps, please let me know! I also take Zumba classes 2-3 times a month, so if you like to dance I highly recommend it! Eventually I'll have the confidence to start using the weights at the gym, but for now I'll stick with Zumba classes

I've met people (who I now call my close friends) on a different forum, so I hope to make some new friends on here

Sorry if this is TMI.
Thank you for reading

Last edited by Dots217; 03-20-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Dots217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/See Sig/170

Height: 5'3"

Definitely not TMI Dorothy! It's interesting reading all these intros (I'm new too btw) and being able to relate to complete strangers in many ways.

I really agree, keeping a food diary keeps you accountable and more conscientious of how much and what you put in your mouth. I think it's a great tactic! Sounds like you have a really strong plan, I wish I had more confidence in doing Zumba... not so much because I'm body conscious but because I can't dance to save my life.

Sounds like you are really doing well though! Look forward to hearing more of your success!
Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #4  
Annie

Height: 5'2"

Hello..I'm Annie and I have been on here about a week and I just love you guys..love reading all your postings. I am a 54 year old mom and mawmaw and, since my first baby, gained a little weight after each one..then I quit smoking 4 years ago..yay me!!!..and really started packing it on and then it made my blood pressure go up and now I"m on meds..I also got re-married a couple of years ago and my hubby loves to eat and so do I so now I'm so chubby lol I can hardly tie my own shoes..I tried low carbs and my cholesterol went sky high and now I'm on meds for that..jeesh..so after many attempts and fails to eat healthy with fruits and veggies and very little meat, mostly fish and chicken, I have been binge free for a week now and happened upon this web site in a magazine and so happy to meet you guys and am determined like you all to get healthy and lose weight before I die of a heart attack or stroke..I want to live

Last edited by NightowlAnnie; 03-20-2013 at 07:51 AM.
NightowlAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/206/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dybbuk View Post
Definitely not TMI Dorothy! It's interesting reading all these intros (I'm new too btw) and being able to relate to complete strangers in many ways.

I really agree, keeping a food diary keeps you accountable and more conscientious of how much and what you put in your mouth. I think it's a great tactic! Sounds like you have a really strong plan, I wish I had more confidence in doing Zumba... not so much because I'm body conscious but because I can't dance to save my life.

Sounds like you are really doing well though! Look forward to hearing more of your success!
Thank you! Even if you can't dance, the instructors will show you how to do the steps. There are plenty of people in my class who can't follow along, but it's all about having fun and eventually you'll get the hang of it. It's a great way to do cardio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightowlAnnie View Post
Hello..I'm Annie and I have been on here about a week and I just love you guys..love reading all your postings. I am a 54 year old mom and mawmaw and, since my first baby, gained a little weight after each one..then I quit smoking 4 years ago..yay me!!!..and really started packing it on and then it made my blood pressure go up and now I"m on meds..I also got re-married a couple of years ago and my hubby loves to eat and so do I so now I'm so chubby lol I can hardly tie my own shoes..I tried low carbs and my cholesterol went sky high and now I'm on meds for that..jeesh..so after many attempts and fails to eat healthy with fruits and veggies and very little meat, mostly fish and chicken, I have been binge free for a week now and happened upon this web site in a magazine and so happy to meet you guys and am determined like you all to get healthy and lose weight before I die of a heart attack or stroke..I want to live
Hi Annie! Congrats on quitting smoking! I know it's not an easy thing to do and I've heard people tend to gain weight because nicotine helps suppress your appetite, but gaining a little weight is better than getting lung cancer in my opinion. Congrats on getting married as well! Seems like everyone on here is very supportive and helpful, so together we can all lose the weight!
Dots217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #6  
Annie

Height: 5'2"

Hi Annie! Congrats on quitting smoking! I know it's not an easy thing to do and I've heard people tend to gain weight because nicotine helps suppress your appetite, but gaining a little weight is better than getting lung cancer in my opinion. Congrats on getting married as well! Seems like everyone on here is very supportive and helpful, so together we can all lose the weight! [/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!!!!!!
NightowlAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote