Old 03-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default WOW Women on WEED Blooming thru the summer!!!

Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

Last edited by mothermavis; 03-18-2013 at 07:57 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #2  

I'll start. I'm Mavis, 46, 47 before this challenge ends.

I have 2 kids (mostly grown) one finishing college, one all the way across the country. Also a hubby, house, 2 crazy jobs, a great dog and an ancient bird.

Not at all pleased with where I am right now, but more than capable of fixing it.

W I try to aim for 100 oz most days
E anything moving
E Low carb has worked for me before, I'm back with that
D Think happy!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! Emily, 33, mother of 2 boys and 1 girl ages 6, 4 and 20 months. Work full-time and my DH is an engineer and works far too much.

W - 100+ goal daily
E - whatever I can fit in
E - trying to figure it out, working on 100g carbs or less/day
D - trying to fit in some me time amongst the chaos
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #4  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Hey ladies, I think it's the right time in my life to get on WEED! Hope I can join you.

I'm Tara, 40, single mom of two girls aged 14 and 11 and an 8-month baby boy (big changes in our home this past year!). We also have 3 dogs, a cat and a gerbil. I work part-time and I'm studying part-time for my MSc.

W-- Start small and make it a habit.
E -- Work out a couple times a week and generally move more.
E -- Make good choices and include plenty of fresh fruit and veggies.
D -- I don't have to wait for goal to look good. Dust off my make-up bag, switch my glasses for contacts occasionally and generally start making an effort.

Last edited by Crow; 03-20-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #5  

Welcome Tara! Glad you are here!

W 100
E Did c25k w4d2, gonna do some crunches before I crash!
E Stuck to it today! POP so far
D Yup Tara, we are worth it!!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #6  
Jesse

Location: New Jersey, but have also lived in Hawaii, California, Florida, Maryland, Virginia, DC and Massachusetts, and oh yea, GREECE

S/C/G: 222/175/160

Height: 5'7

WEED I like the acronym
wanna2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #7  
Jesse

Location: New Jersey, but have also lived in Hawaii, California, Florida, Maryland, Virginia, DC and Massachusetts, and oh yea, GREECE

W for me is drinking (at least) a glass of water first thing every morning before I eat anything and continue to drink water all day, at first I was annoyed by having to pee so often but I saw results quickly and it is definitely worth the annoyance ~!!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #8  
Jesse

E for Exercise
I am lucky to have a personal trainer at my gym (Planet Fitness) and he is great, he isn't an additional cost either, he comes with the gym membership so there are no excuses for not making the most of his help
He is very good, and pushes me and keeps me going and I TRY to get there every day, when possible, if not, I do the "wii" fitness and that is fun but not as satisfying as the gym or a bike ride, but its great for a rainy day when I don't make it out of the house
Old 03-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #9  
Jesse

E for Eats
I have been using Weight Watchers and very happy with the results
I've lost almost 25 pounds since joining in January so I'm sticking with it
I'm not always great with my points tracker but again I'm very fortunate to have a buddy and we often can share meals, shopping, and it makes it so much easier and fun to be losing together
Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #10  
Jesse

D =daily journal

I'm using this method to get up to 20 posts so I can be a "regular member" on this site so today, this is also helping me be more accountable and feel supportive of my decision to lose weight THANKS THREE FAT CHICKS
Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #11  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Hey wanna2lose, sounds like you've had a great start to the year! It would be awesome to have a personal trainer -- I need something to keep me accountable exercise-wise. I'm finding that much harder than changing how I eat.

Mavis, you're an inspiration. Reading your post I'm inspired to drink a big cup of water and get on the stairmaster! I don't get to the gym much, it's too hard to make time with everything else I have going on, which means that all of my exercise is at home with only myself to answer to.

W: Two cups, an okay start
E: Nope.
E: Nicely on plan.
D: Didn't fish out the make-up bag but wore a new outfit and heels instead of slouchy jeans and flats. And I felt good!

Today I aim to concentrate on making sure I exercise. Have a great day everyone!
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #12  

Running thru, it's late here and I am exhausted!

Hope everyone is well!

Tara, thanks for the kind words!

w hit it, over 100
e not much today, bit of stretching was about it
e mostly good, but did have a couple cookies! Def not on plan, know better!
d tomorrow is my Friday. My son is flying across the country tonight, please keep him in your prayers!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #13  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hey girls...

Mindy here. I am 52, have 2 grown children and teach 4th grade for a living. It is quite stressful right now and March is very hectic. I have a goal of reaching the 160's before spring break. I have one week. Today I was 171. I can taste it and want it super bad.

W- just drink some
E- Gym, gym, gym
E- Can't eat much of anything to lose weight. Stay away from the junk.
D- Believe it...achieve it!!

MM- I like that you went with the blooming through summer theme.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #14  

Morning all.
I have 9 weeks til I go on vacation. I would like to be down 30 when I leave. To do that, I can have no cheats and have to lose at least 3 a week. I am not going to be able to run for a couple as I am losing a toenail and running right now is just too freaking uncomfortable. Digging out the Wii fit when I get back from church and going to mix up my exercise!

w 100
e wii
e pop, no cheats at all
d get a grip, you worry too much
Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #15  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I did it, I did it, I did it....

169.4 and a few days yet till spring break. I am so happy that words cannot express. I just want it to keep going now.

MM- Good luck girl. You can do it.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote