Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Medical Problems and Weight Loss

Well, I just found a way to lose 7 pounds in 3 days -- have your heart go into a fib, get sent to the hospital in an ambulance, and then have them run umpteen tests and get varying opinions between you're going to die and this is fixable. I realized just how important this weight loss journey was to me when I was finally released, got home, immediately went in to weigh, and realized that I'd lost weight!

Seriously, the a fib was not brought on by the dieting -- got that confirmed. In fact, they said to keep on dieting. But it sure help put things in perspective. I want to do this to be healthy. Looking better, wearing smaller clothes not designed by Omar the Tent Maker, enjoying doing things with family is why I'm doing this. Yes, I will have saggy boobs, lots of extra skin, and won't have a bikini body. But then I never had a bikini body. At this point, I just want to be healthy and dieting is just part of it. And while this scare wasn't caused by weight loss and being overweight, I'm beginning to realize that the important part is being healthy. All the rest is just window dressing!

Last edited by betsy2013; 03-19-2013 at 05:43 PM.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Wow, what an ordeal. I always enjoy your posts and am very happy to see that you are still alive!!! Keep up the good work. I agree being healthy is the main goal.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Oh my gosh, what a huge scare!!!! Glad you are okay for the most part!

Last edited by amandie; 03-19-2013 at 12:08 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #4  

Wow, Betsy!! Glad you are home and hope you are feeling better. You have made excellent progress towards becoming a healthier person, keep up the good work. I know my health scares and issues are excellent motivators at keeping me on plan. It stinks but I thank God I have the opportunity to try and correct my past. *hugs*
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Yikes! How absolutely nerve-wracking! I'm so sorry you experienced that. The funny side of it is, I think we've all done it before...

"Well, I was deathly ill...maybe I lost some more lbs?"

*steps on scale*

"Huzzah! I lost 7lbs! Victory!"

I contracted typhoid fever a long time ago...did the same thing...nevermind that I was dangerously dehydrated and could have died. I needed to have a silver lining for that amount of pain and distress, losing those few lbs definitely helped.
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks all. Yes, it was scary and the conflicting recommendations from the hospital doctors has been confusing and irritating. However, I feel a lot better already, have appointments with the doctor and cardiologist and am sure this will get under control.

And thank you for letting me know that I'm not alone in having one of my first actions being to weigh me when I got home. It was indeed a wonderful silver lining!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Good grief! I hope you are ok!
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote