Old 03-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #1  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Default Men on IP Vol 5

Hey guys. Thought I would bring in the new thread.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
Hi Guys!!! I made it back from my cruise!

Well, as expected staying OP on a 9 day cruise is pretty much an impossibility! Even though I ate a fraction of what I would normally have done

Although it was only 9 days I really missed the whole "ritual" of my IP diet. I missed the constant updating of "myfitnesspal.com" and my daily checking of 3FC and seeing how all you guys are making out! One thing that I found was although I had instant access to every yummy thing out there, I certainly didn't crave any of it and I actually felt rather nauseous if I ate more than a little bit.
Glad you made it back.

Here in Phase IV I hard a hard time eating the proper way, so I usually do what you did on the cruise, I just eat a portion of what I used to eat. I do my best to stay away from foods I know that go straight to my belly and this seems to keep things in check pretty much.

I can understand, and totally relate, to you saying how you missed the 'ritual' of Phase I. This program really rocks and is so simple. I was really surprised at how dependent I became to Phase I. To quote Prince: "Things are much harder in the afterworld" LOL Cutting those strings of Phase I and being accountable to yourself, not a coach as much, is something I have to work on most of the time.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Purchase several XL winter shirts from the 75% off (and the wife had an additional 30% off coupon) from Carson Pirie Scott on Saturday. Big deal who cares you say? This is where this gets interesting. I work out on Tuesday and Thursday (Shhh it’s our secret, don’t tell my coach). There are 3 of us that chip in for a personal trainer. If one of us drops out he won’t do it. So it’s like I get 8 sessions for the price of 1, but I digress. Back to the story IPMWPSU(IP members who Pee standing up).

So after Sgt Torture gets done with us, I take a shower here at work. Well guess what? The new shirt I took today was a Large not an Extra Large. It is a smidge tight, but not skin tight. I can’t believe it! It’s the little things in life…
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, JW for the new thread, we are just pumping alone here.

I got home yesterday and thought I would, just for the heck of it try on some of the sweat shirts I had stacked up. Yippie, I was able to fit the XL, with plenty of room. So, this morning I get bold and try on the next size down pants, they fit too.
I am just a dancing fool today, humming all morning "don't worry be happy".
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Hey everyone. Day two of my re start. Feeling good. Made my wife my last IP Herb and Cheese omelette with mushrooms. I made one for myself with egg whites. I hope you all have a great day.

OH by the way am I the only one that thinks JW looks like a leprechaun? =)
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back on the wagon...hehehe USMC
JW from my height, looks just fine.
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #7  
Began IP 3-29-2012

I'm still jealous, yesterday or the day before, I can't remember, it was 1 degree here at home and JW shared that it was 71 in New Orleans. I love shorts and sandals weather! Well tomorrow is the first day of spring and we are in the middle of a snow storm here in VT. The kids are happy today school was canceled!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
OH by the way am I the only one that thinks JW looks like a leprechaun? =)
HA, I guess that is a good thing since I was at a St. Patrick's Day parade. Now where did that pot of gold go......?
Old 03-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #9  

Quote:
I'm still jealous, yesterday or the day before, I can't remember, it was 1 degree here at home and JW shared that it was 71 in New Orleans. I love shorts and sandals weather! Well tomorrow is the first day of spring and we are in the middle of a snow storm here in VT. The kids are happy today school was canceled!
I guess I should not have bragged like that. The temp dropped here today, all the way down to 69 degrees.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #10  
Began IP 3-29-2012

A very handsome leprechaun at that. I can't wait to bust out the Birkenstocks!

My focus needs more focus!

I had a a few NSV's the last two days and wanted to share them with you.

First my wife told me Sunday she wanted to do IP with me for a month! Very cool. We placed an order for alternatives with nashuanutrition.com and it arrived today!

The local mail man is someone I've known for about eighteen years and he has been a big supporter of mine on my WL journey. He complemented me today and told me his little girl, now 26 or 27, joined IP 6 weeks ago and is having success. I know my clinic has some before and after photos of me in their presentation and it makes me feel good to be "helping" motivate someone to try IP.

A non WL NSV happened yesterday. I saw a woman I helped about 2 1/2 years ago. She was the victim of a bad domestic assault. I saw her 2 1/2 year old son in the parking lot outside the PD and commented that I'd not seen him since he was a new born. I asked if I could come over to say hi. She said yes. As I walked towards them he ran full blast towards me. I bent down and he jumped into my arms. I scooped him up and he gave me an awesome hug. Mom, Grandma and I were all pretty surprised. The little guy did not know me. I thanked him for the hug and told him he made my day as he went back to him Mother.

Have a great day. Stay OP.

Last edited by usmcvet; 03-19-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #11  

Quote:
A very handsome leprechaun at that. I can't wait to bust out the Birkenstocks!

My focus needs more focus!

I had a a few NSV's the last two days and wanted to share them with you.

First my wife told me Sunday she wanted to do IP with me for a month! Very cool. We placed an order for alternatives with nashuanutrition.com and it arrived today!

The local mail man is someone I've known for about eighteen years and he has been a big supporter of mine on my WL journey. He complemented me today and told me his little girl, now 26 or 27, joined IP 6 weeks ago and is having success. I know my clinic has some before and after photos of me in their presentation and it makes me feel good to be "helping" motivate someone to try IP.

A non WL NSV happened yesterday. I saw a woman I helped about 2 1/2 years ago. She was the victim of a bad domestic assault. I saw her 2 1/2 year old son in the parking lot outside the PD and commented that I'd not seen him since he was a new born. I asked if I could come over to say hi. She said yes. As I walked towards them he ran full blast towards me. I bent down and he jumped into my arms. I scooped him up and he gave me an awesome hug. Mom, Grandma and I were all pretty surprised. The little guy did not know me. I thanked him for the hug and told him he made my day as he went back to him Mother.

Have a great day. Stay OP.
What can I say,I try.

Awesome, that's a pretty good response to all of your other comments. I love little kids and hugs from them, especially when unexpected, are the best thing in the world. Next to a good ol' lick from the puppy.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #12  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
HA, I guess that is a good thing since I was at a St. Patrick's Day parade. Now where did that pot of gold go......?
You already got your pot of gold. You're in Phase 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
I guess I should not have bragged like that. The temp dropped here today, all the way down to 69 degrees.
Same here. It was 94 yesterday and dropped down today to about 89. Maybe Spring will come tomorrow and we can get some cooler temps.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
You already got your pot of gold. You're in Phase 4!
As my best buddy says..."You ain't NEVER lied!", meaning, you are right.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Bump forward for the guys
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Bump forward for the guys
Do you have plans to stay in Onederland?
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote