Old 03-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #1  

Default A Little worried about no weight loss

Just finished my third week. Wk #1=5lbs, Wk #2=2.8lbs, Wk #3=1.8
I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself at home but I have been looking (every other day) just to see a decrease. Weighed in this morning after emptying all that I could from all that can be emptied. Looks like I put on a few...WHAT?!! I see the steady decline in weight loss so I'm panicking a bit...
Sticking to the protocol. 8oz protein (measured AFTER cooking); split throughout the day (usually 2-3 oz at lunch; 5-6 oz at dinner). Love veggies so I eat a variety of all that's allowed. Restricted veg only twice a week (1 cup one day; 1 cup another); it's usually tomato. LOTs of Water. Not sure what's happening...
I will confess that I was missing mayo (for tuna and chicken salads) so I made my own. (recipe: 1 egg, lemon juice, olive or grape seed oil). Thought this was ok; only use a TBSP in a day (if I'm having tuna or chicken salad for lunch). Wouldn't think this would de-rail me. Am I wrong?
Any suggestions would be helpful...thanks.
MsGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGee View Post
Just finished my third week. Wk #1=5lbs, Wk #2=2.8lbs, Wk #3=1.8
I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself at home but I have been looking (every other day) just to see a decrease. Weighed in this morning after emptying all that I could from all that can be emptied. Looks like I put on a few...WHAT?!! I see the steady decline in weight loss so I'm panicking a bit...
Sticking to the protocol. 8oz protein (measured AFTER cooking); split throughout the day (usually 2-3 oz at lunch; 5-6 oz at dinner). Love veggies so I eat a variety of all that's allowed. Restricted veg only twice a week (1 cup one day; 1 cup another); it's usually tomato. LOTs of Water. Not sure what's happening...
I will confess that I was missing mayo (for tuna and chicken salads) so I made my own. (recipe: 1 egg, lemon juice, olive or grape seed oil). Thought this was ok; only use a TBSP in a day (if I'm having tuna or chicken salad for lunch). Wouldn't think this would de-rail me. Am I wrong?
Any suggestions would be helpful...thanks.
MsGee - welcome to the 50+ forum! Glad you are here.

Weight loss is always faster in the initial phase of any new eating plan. Yours is actually quite good, and for it to slow down is normal. You haven't mentioned how much you wish to lose and how much you currently weigh, so it's hard to know if your weight loss is typical of that group.

Are you doing a specific diet, counting calories, or something else?

You're going to have ups and downs, regardless of what you're doing. Weighing too often is counter-productive, IMO. I actually don't weigh at all any more - at least for the time being. I've sworn off the scale until I go to the doctor in August. There are just too many variables, and getting all caught up in a number is not where I want to be. I was weighing monthly, and if I were to do it at all, that's what I'd do. You can tell as much about your weight loss just by how you feel and by how your clothes fit.

If you're consistently following a good eating plan, you're going to lose weight if you're currently overweight. Just try not to get tied up in knots over a number on the scale.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #3  

Sorry for the lack of info.
I'm currently doing the Ideal Protein Protocol. Started at 199 lbs. Weighed in Sat. at 189lbs. Carrying most of my weight in the belly...think that's typical of the age. Anyway...while a 10 lb loss is nothing to shake a finger at (very thankful for it!), no decrease in the belly. Lost about an inch in the thigh and an inch in the hip (think that was really a decrease in the ol' bum). Not anywhere else.
I'm just a little worried that I might not be doing something right with the diet OR there might be something that I could do to "tweak" things for me. Maybe an additional supplement?
Heard of Gardenia Cambogia and thought I would try it to see if it would enhance the diet but I really don't want to do anything that would set me off track. And of course, I don't want to spend money un-necessarily either.
Slow pace is still moving forward...just can be a bit frustrating.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #4  

Your expectations are not realistic. No one loses weight consistently. There are always ups and downs in weight loss and that is why you should only weigh once a week. Weight loss has a pattern and its different for everyone. After you have tracked for 2 or 3 months, you will see yours.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #5  

ok...sticking to it...
most times I'm my own worst enemy...just wanted to make sure that I'm not sabotaging my goal (unknowingly)...
Thanks.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGee View Post
ok...sticking to it...
most times I'm my own worst enemy...just wanted to make sure that I'm not sabotaging my goal (unknowingly)...
Thanks.
There's an IP thread here - definitely check that out. They are in a good position to guide you along.

I've never tried IP - I have a cousin that lost a lot of weight on it, however.

Good Luck!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #7  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

You're doing terrific! I weigh myself constantly (just can't help myself), but I now know that no loss or even an increase tends to be followed by a loss the next week. So, I don't focus on the week-by-week change. I calculate an average loss per week...and as long as, on average, I'm losing somewhere around 1.5lbs to 2 lbs per week, I'm happy. I know that a few months from now the average will likely slow down to around 1-1.5 lbs per week, which is to be expected. So, either don't weigh yourself weekly or, if you do, try to focus on the average loss rather than the weekly change.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote