Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #76  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I decided at the beginning of this journey that I am not going to go off program no matter what, so I am not even discussing it with myself. If I feel my mind start to wander down that path, I shut it right down and tell myself that I'm not even discussing it. Works so far.
I had this conversation with myself as well, except there was some nasty things said and a few punches thrown. Seriously, I decided before I took this step that, if I was going to do this, I would do it 100%, and I have. Except for a non fat latte in the first week.

As I shared this morning, my body is reshaping itself almost. I fit into a dress that at this weight shouldn't fit me.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #77  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Shout out time!!!!

Dear Miss Calisto I would give you a big if I could. The pancakes were the bomb! Looking forward to Sunday mornings and making the family French toast, while I enjoy my pancakes!
Yea! Are they soooo good!? It's my "treat" on the weekend since I can't make them when I go to work! Even Hubby oh Phase 4 tries to steal them from me!

If anyone wants to follow me on Pinterest where I try and pin IP friendly recipes either with or without packets search by Pinners for Kara Larson, my picture is the fiesty looking little girl with the pink streak in her hair! lol
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

How do I calculate calories from fat?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #79  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
How do I calculate calories from fat?
The side of any product will have the nutritional value of the food - including total calories and calories from fat.

But if you want to do the math yourself, each gram of fat is worth about 9 calories.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #80  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

1st weigh-in today....9.2 pounds down and 4 inches lost. Woo-hoo!!

I purchased the chocolate drink, plain egg omelette, peanut bars, and mushroom soup (I use it as a sauce on chicken over cauliflower rice).

Previously, my weakness has been for salt rather than sweet (e.g. chips) foods. Anyone have a recommendation or warning on the chips snacks offered? I see a lot of positive comments about dill zippers?? but I'm not a fan of the flavor of dill.

Last edited by rubygirl05; 03-15-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #81  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
1st weigh-in today....9.2 pounds down and 4 inches lost. Woo-hoo!!

I purchased the chocolate drink, plain egg omelette, peanut bars, and mushroom soup (I use it as a sauce on chicken over cauliflower rice).

Previously, my weakness has been for salt rather than sweet (e.g. chips) foods. Anyone have a recommendation or warning on the chips snacks offered? I see a lot of positive comments about dill zippers?? but I'm not a fan of the flavor of dill.
Congrats!!

I also tend to go for salty over sweet. My favorite is the white cheddar ridges! Yumm! I also like the dill pickle zippers, but they are very dill. So you might not like them. The southwest cheese curls are good, a little spicy, but you get a ton of them. I didn't care for the BBQ ridges, but most people like them.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #82  

Height: 5'6"

Big mac in a bowl was pretty good! So glad I'm trying new stuff. Don't want to get burned out and give into temptation. The rest of the family had pizza tonight but I did just fine. And that half of a choc chess pie hubby brought home from work has stayed untouched (wish he would hurry up and eat it :P )

What phase do we start to allow a little cheese? I saw a video on low carb cooking and they made a pizza with a cauliflower crust with chicken, onions, peppers on top. It looked sooo good! And I am curious about this cauliflower crust and how it would turn out.....
Old 03-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #83  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
Big mac in a bowl was pretty good! So glad I'm trying new stuff. Don't want to get burned out and give into temptation. The rest of the family had pizza tonight but I did just fine. And that half of a choc chess pie hubby brought home from work has stayed untouched (wish he would hurry up and eat it :P )

What phase do we start to allow a little cheese? I saw a video on low carb cooking and they made a pizza with a cauliflower crust with chicken, onions, peppers on top. It looked sooo good! And I am curious about this cauliflower crust and how it would turn out.....
No cheese until maintenance, unfortunately. It can be worked into P3 breakfasts but it's tough because of the fat content (or carb content in fat free) to balance out the nutritional content to meet the guidelines if you include cheese.

But this recipe is Phase 1 friendly:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4476151-post6.html

Last edited by scorbett1103; 03-15-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
Oh, see, this would really get my goat if I was seeing my coach on a regular basis... They want SO much for their brand of omegas when I use one my Dr told me to take which costs way less.
Exactly! I think it's $24/bottle which only has a 1 month supply!

Add the multi, cal-mag and potassium = cha-ching!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #85  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I am sooooooooo behind! Think it's a been a week that I've been online. Still growing the belly, 16-weeks along so far and my wardrobe is definitely shrinking, all of my shirts are getting short! I am "filling out" for sure...

Yesterday I finally beat down the time change and woke up for my 6.5mi run and did my 2mi warmup+Bodypump this morning. I totally slept in Tue & Thu (Mon is rest day). Tomorrow is long run day (8mi), I still feel fantastic, and it may be TMI but I the running really helps get things moving (forgot about pregnancy constipation). The morning workouts really energize me for the day.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
No cheese until maintenance, unfortunately. It can be worked into P3 breakfasts but it's tough because of the fat content (or carb content in fat free) to balance out the nutritional content to meet the guidelines if you include cheese.

But this recipe is Phase 1 friendly:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4476151-post6.html
I may have to try that!! I'm thinking I need to buy a food processor too. Would make some things easier.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #87  

Height: 5'7

I'm down 5 lbs this weigh in, lost inches in the areas that I really want to! I feel a little bogged down, though. I bought some Smooth Move Chocolate and I'm curious if it's P1 approved. The ingredients are:

Senna Leaf
Breadnut seed
Licorice root
cocoa seed
carob pod

Any help is appreciated!
Closed Thread