Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

Smile Jumping in... Hello Everyone!

Hello!

I decided to join and post straight away before I lose confidence and just lurk and not achieve anything! I am 24 and from a little village in the UK. In January 2012 I weighed 15 stone 10 (99kg or 220 pounds - I find it easier to think in stone!) and now in March 2013 I weigh 13 stone even (82 kg or 182 pounds). My goal weight is 9 stone 7 (133 pounds or 62 kg - sorry, I hope this isn't too annoying.)

Obviously I'm proud to have lost nearly 3 stone, but at the same time that is really not very much weight to have lost in over a year and I still have so much more left to lose! I'm fed up of always being the fat friend, and offering to take all the photos because I don't want to be in them and just generally hating the way I look and the way I feel about myself. I shy away from dating as I just assume that most guys are interested in my gorgeous friends instead, and I'm sad and lonely. I am feeling so motivated, but at the moment I seem to have plateaued and it's causing me to lose motivation. I'm hoping that talking to people here and sharing our experiences and struggles will help me to keep going!

I've tried Slimming World, and that didn't work for me. I had a lot of initial success with Rosemary Conley but lack of funds is keeping me from attending on a regular basis. I am following a similar diet plan to that of Rosemary Conley but I try to make healthy choices whenever I can. My downfall is crisps and anything savoury! Exercise is the main factor for me in losing weight and I have started going on long walks and making a considerable effort to be more active. I am intending to start running too as a nice, free exercise on Monday and I am terrified. Any good thoughts or motivational tips to get my 13 stone behind out the door on Monday to go running in my small village where 'everybody knows your name' would be very much appreciated!!

I'm sorry this turned into such a novel, I think I just needed to get it all out to get started. I hope to be supportive to everyone on here, and I look forward to getting to know you all.
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #2  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Eskadee,

Welcome! I am so glad you found us and joined right in. I find that best with anything I attempt in life. I appreciate you putting your weight into pounds for me here in the US. As I age, I just don't take the time to figure stuff like that out anymore unless it is detrimental to what I am doing. I lost 86 lbs in 9 months back in 2006 at age 40. I say this to let you know that you can get that weight off if you put your mind to it. I walked 5.5 miles per day 3-4 days per week and 7.5 one day a week. I think this change up kept me from having plateaus as I lost some weight every week. I followed a low glycemic diet plan (good for diabetics) and tried to stay in ketosis. Whenever I am in ketosis, I lose more weight, have more energy and just generally feel better and happier. Are you drinking water? I also contribute my weight loss to water drinking. My doc told me in 2006 to drink 1/2 my weight in water (up to 100 oz) and then to drink eight 8 ounce glasses of water everyday after I got to my goal weight to maintain. It worked well for me.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to you and I thank you for the doing the conversions! Its easier on this Old Brain of mine!

Find healthier foods that you like to eat. Try and avoid the bad ones. Sample recipes with the good food (always a fun treat to find something new) and yes...l drink water. Water water water. It is so much healthier than the Sugar Free drinks (tho I know alittle boring) but it works. Exercising will get your muscles tuned up and make you stronger, which we all need to do.

You have already accomplished a loss..... Going further is a trip that is well worth it. GOOD for you!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote