Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #1  
Ideal Protein Diet

S/C/G: 157/138/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Redness/dryness around eyes

Hello:

I am trying to figure out if this is related to IP or something else.

My eyelids and the area beneath my eyes are red and dry/scaly, not unlike the eyes of people who were released from the camps in Germany at the end of WW2. I am trying to figure out if this is the diet or one of the lotions I put on my face twice/day.

Is anyone else dealing with this?

Thank you.
Tailwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #2  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

I have been op for 2 months now and I have dry patches on my skin. Not around my eyes though, but around my body. Arms, thighs and cheeks. Can't wait until this goes away. I think it's due to the low fat content of diet. I lotion up daily.
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #3  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Get some good moisturizer. I'm into month 3 and seem to be past the worst of the dry scaliness (I hope!) I have a good non-oily facial moisturizer I put on every morning right after I get out of the shower (while my skin is still wet) and actually, my skin is smoother now that it's been in ages. It's kind of like a natural durmabrasion (sp?) I went through or something the first 2 months of the diet.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

wow, really? I'm the opposite...

I have serborrheic dermatitis (think dandruff, but on the face)....I used to have a lot of red dry/scaling peeling skin in my T-zone area. I was using everything for it, and nothing worked.

Within a week of being on IP, it's cleared right up. Occasionally, I might have a small patch here or there (I've also been very stressed this week, so that might cause some of it), but on the whole, my skin looks much better than it did.
countrychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #5  
Ideal Protein Diet

Leanne: I have excellent (organic) moisturizing products from a company called Obvita in FL, including eye and face serum. My face and body are fine, it is just the area around my eyes. I'm afraid someone is going to think I am really sick.

Katkat: Are you using either their or other Omega 3 supplements? (I am.) I wonder if that might help you?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: IP Start Date 1/29/13

Height: 5'6"

Since I started IP I've noticed my eyes are red on the lower lids, both eyes are dry and irritated and I can no longer wear my contacts all day.
I thought it was the new Urban Decay eyeshadow I was using, but after reading this, maybe it isn't.
Interesting information!

Last edited by JuliaB; 03-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.
JuliaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

I too have dryness along my jaw line. Wondered if it was IP related. It is itchy and feels so paper thin. Well atleast I know I am not the only one and it tells me that yup it's the diet. Thanks.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #8  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailwinds View Post
Leanne: I have excellent (organic) moisturizing products from a company called Obvita in FL, including eye and face serum. My face and body are fine, it is just the area around my eyes. I'm afraid someone is going to think I am really sick.

Katkat: Are you using either their or other Omega 3 supplements? (I am.) I wonder if that might help you?
No I haven't been, I'll start taking some omega 3. Hope that will help. I do eat salmon and fresh tuna once a week. That may not be enough omega. Lol. Thanks!
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/164/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailwinds View Post
Hello:

I am trying to figure out if this is related to IP or something else.

My eyelids and the area beneath my eyes are red and dry/scaly, not unlike the eyes of people who were released from the camps in Germany at the end of WW2. I am trying to figure out if this is the diet or one of the lotions I put on my face twice/day.

Is anyone else dealing with this?

Thank you.
OMG I've had the same thing since I have been on IP! I thought I was the only one! They would be puffy and sting for a couple days where I would have to wear glasses instead of contacts, then look like it was peeling. I noticed it would happen after the days I used anything with salicylic acid in it for acne like Proactiv and Acne Free. I've never had my cleanser react like this until this diet, I have no idea why. I've used Proactiv since high school. I stopped using my acne cleanser and switched to cetaphil and St.Ives mosturizer it cleared right up. I'm still baffled, but I would test it, and it happened every time salicylic acid touched my face.

Do you use acne cleansers like these? Check the labels and see. It may be something totally different from my problem, but maybe we're onto something.

Good luck!
BeckyS25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #10  
Ideal Protein Diet

I started using an all natural skin brightener about the time that this started. I've been wondering if it might be something in that except I don't put it anywhere near my eyes. But I suppose it is possible. I have stopped using it and it does seem to be getting better. I'll wait a bit more until it completely clears up and then try the product again to see what happens.

Thank you for responding.