Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 09:26 PM   #1  

Default HELP!! Getting extremely discouraged over lack of results...

Hello Ladies!

I just joined this website because I started a REINVENTING MYSELF project a little over a month ago. I am not currently overweight (5'4" 115 lbs), but after having 3 cesareans, and not exercising regularly for most of my life, I am ready to start over and try to get in shape. I am now running 30 min approx 4-5 days a week/using the stair climber another 10 min, and then spending another half hour using machines alternating upper and lower body every other day. I know it has only been about a month and a half, but I am NOT SEEING THE RESULTS I WANT. Hardly any results really.....I am starting to get extremely discouraged, and am having doubts about all of this. Maybe I'm just not meant to be toned, tight, and in shape. I have also cut out ALL fast food (a huge weakness for me) and sweets. I am trying to eat smaller portions, and like I said, I am beginning to wonder why I am doing this at all??? Does anyone have any great tips to getting in shape...I am giving myself at least six months to get all of this started...so I still have 5 1/2 months to go. Has anyone else gone through this?????

I am not expecting to look like Brittany Spears..I just want to look good for me. I want to feel more confident naked...I hate feeling my butt and inner thights wiggle so much, and I hate the size of my waist. Aren't these things I should be able to change????
Old 10-07-2003, 09:32 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Give it the 6 months, you may see changes you may not, but the changes you are making are good examples to your kids and in the long run for your health. What bigger change do you need?
-L
Old 10-08-2003, 01:08 PM   #3  

Are you getting enough protein in your diet? You need to protein to help build up the muscle.

Even if can't see it yet, your muscles will be getting stronger and everything will start tightening up. Sometimes it just takes more time than we would like.

Don't give up! Get plenty of protein and keep at it.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:38 PM   #4  
~ Berry Happy ~

Welcome MyXyphoidProcess

Congrats on starting an exercise routine! It is definatly a start! Please don't feel discouraged if you are not seeing any results yet, it has only been one month. I've been doing circuit training for almost a month now, and I still have yet to see results, or even weight loss. Don't give up. I honestly think your body needs time to adjust, and figure out what is going on. You said you've never exercized reguarly for your entire life, so here is your chance. Unfortunatly these things don't happen over night...or I'd be Christina Aguelara LOL But keep trying - don't give up. Giving it 6 months or so sounds great! Keep in touch, and let us know how you are progressing! We'de love to hear!

~ Kari ~ - - - - - > Super Woman !
Old 10-08-2003, 01:39 PM   #5  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default P.S.

P.S. - I definatly agree with the protein comment...protein will indeed help you build muscle.

And also, you may be getting results, but they are hard to see when you see yourself everyday. My suggestion would be to take a picture each month on a certain day. That way you will have pictures to compare. It's easier to see the differences that way. When I lost 43 lbs I couldn't tell by looking in the mirror, but when I saw pictures, I could definatly tell.

Good luck to you!
Old 10-08-2003, 04:36 PM   #6  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Angry

Hi! I'd like to WEIGH in on this subject My exercise buddy and I have been a little discouraged too. We started at the YMCA the last week of July and neither one of us have lost a pound. I've actually gained. But I like to think that I have the body of a hottie, its just under all of this fat! Have you taken your measurements? Sometimes you can see a loss in inches before anything else. I have gained weight but I have lost 1" off my hips and ankles. And you're totally right about the picture. I saw a recent picture of me. First I concentrated on my spare tire, but when I took some time to look at it I did notice that my face looks slimmer and neck and arms. So my worst thing is my middle. Unfortunately I think it will just take more time. Keep it up. Even if you don't see results you're making steps to a healthier heart, body and mind. And you are setting a good example for your children. I wish that I had had a more physically fit family. Now my mother and aunt are diabetic and I could be headed there if I don't shape up. So do it for your family as much as for yourself. Good luck and keep in touch with us! We're here for support
Old 10-20-2003, 01:16 PM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Do keep it going!! The process does take time. Congratulate yourself and give yourself a big pat on the back for each day that you exercise, and eat well.

With the weight training, I don't want to tell you to "kill" yourself, but one has to work the muscle to the point of fatigue (not pain). But your program sounds very sound and good.

I started a more challenging exercise tape back in January, and it has taken me THIS long, doing it 3X a week, to get to the point where I can do all the exercises, with proper form. I hope that doesn't discourage you - I know that I was benefitting from the tape in other ways - but to show that it does take time.

Good luck, and keep it up!!
Closed Thread