Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5'4

Default Newbie On Ideal Protein Diet

I am new to the Ideal Protein diet and started it last week. Today is day 5 for me and boy am I happy that the first three days have passed. Those were hours spent starving, weak, and I could not seem to focus on what I was doing during the day. Yesterday, day 4, was a lot easier as far as the hunger goes. Today, day 5, I do not feel hungry unless it is getting close to time for a meal or my snack.

About me...I am a wife, mom and grandmother, live in South Louisiana (cajun country) and yes I eat crawfish and love them! I also do not live far from where all of the Mardi Gras parades are in New Orleans. Yes, we love to eat and have fun. The loving to eat helped me get here although I do know that I use food for comfort, too.

I began my diet at 175 lbs and I would really like to get down to 145-148 lbs.

I have read so many inspiring stories and I love reading about them. Looking forward to making some buddies on here.
pinkeetoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #2  
Britt89RN

S/C/G: Started 3.7.13 214/214/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Pinzeetoz, I am new to IP as well. I started March 7. So this is my 3rd day on the plan, and I feel like complete ****. My muscles ache, I have had a horrible headache. I'm just trying to read posts on here and see the weight loss everyone has achieved, and stay focused. How are you finding the foods? So far I am not a big fan. I look forward to reaching my goal, and finding new ways to stick to this plan! Also look forward to having some friends on here & celebrating losses!
Britt89RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #3  

Welcome to both of you! I just came back to 3FC after a 3-year hiatus, so wishing you both good luck on the IP diet. Pinkeetoz, you might recognize the lighthouse in my avatar. It's from my home town, which isn't that far from New Orleans (and we celebrate Mardi Gras as well). I don't currently live there, but it will always be home. And I LOVE New Orleans as well!

I have a cousin who recently lost a LOT of weight on IP. (and she's in Louisiana as well, although not NO). When I saw her in September she'd been on it for six months, and I honestly did not recognize her. She wouldn't say how much she lost, but my guesstimate is between 60-75 lbs. Saw her again in November and I don't think she was still on the program, but she still looked good. Didn't seem to have gained any weight back.

Britt89RN, all I can say is "hang in there!" As stated above, my cousin had a lot of success with it. I know there are threads here with people on the plan, so I know they will be helpful to both of you.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #4  

Hello, you two! Britt, I felt horrible until day 4 and I had the headaches, I was starving, and I just felt yucky. The hardest thing for me was to quit drinking diet coke. I had at least 7-8 cans a day. Now I just have a cup of tea in the afternoon (instead of in the morning). I am excited to share that this is day 6 for me and I am far from starving. I start getting hungry a few minutes before it's time for a meal. I've done well with the water, vitamins and food. I think the food is pretty good. I have had the chocolate shakes, vanilla shakes, broccoli and cheese soup, puddings, apple and cimmamin snacks.

Last edited by pinkeetoz; 03-10-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #5  

Maven, are you doing the IP diet as well?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

I'm on day 8 now and I can tell you it gets better . I had a horrible muscle pain in my neck and calf and they are both gone now. I don't feel hungry anymore until close to a meal time and the cravings for carbs are gone too . Hang in there!

Last edited by Canadiandieter; 03-11-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Canadiandieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkeetoz View Post
Maven, are you doing the IP diet as well?
No, I'm currently practicing IE (intuitive eating). But as I said, I have a cousin who's been very successful with IP.

I just wanted to welcome you to the forums and wish you much success!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #10  

Hi Canadiandieter, Mozzy and Misty, thanks for the welcome everyone. Canadiandieter, i know what you mean about not craving carbs bc I did not crave them today and I am doing much better with my caffeine cravings. I also don't get hungry until a few minutes before each meal and snack. Today is day 7 for me. I put my scale away and I think I will try to not weigh in until I have made one month. Good luck everybody!!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #11  
Working towards success

S/C/G: 157/124.9/125

Height: 5'3"

Hello All!

I am a 23 year old who is looking to start ideal protein with my mother before my wedding in August and loose as much as I can before than. My current weight is 157lbs, and I would like to get down 135 at least before the wedding and my ideal weight I want is 125, and I am 5'3". I do not remember the last time I ever weighed that and it seems that with the wedding just around the corner and the stress of trying to get everything finished, switching jobs, working two jobs, going to school, and looking for a job in my field that ideal protein maybe the way to go for me. My mom has decided to go on this plan as well, and I am just wondering what type of results people in my weight category have been seeing? I am a very determined person and when I put my mind to something it usually ends in success. I have however never been one to diet or change my eating habits and I believe that is why I am the weight I currently sitting at. Any words of advice?
NAGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #12  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Pinkeetoz! Glad to have you join in.

Welcome NAGH! Glad to have you join us. My advice would be to make it a goal to drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses of water a day. Drinking water helps the body with elimination and helps me not get hungry during the day. It sounds like you are really busy. Do you have any time or plans for any exercise? That will help your weight come off faster as well if you can do a little exercise at least 3 days per week. I am cheering you on! Firegirl

Last edited by firegirl441; 03-12-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: forgot some info
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5'6

I have 2 close friends on IP and they have had very good results. For one, she's lost over 100 lbs and looks amazing. My best friend has been drinking ********** for several months and has very happy with her results. Since I have two teenagers at home and a few other reasons, I felt the ********** was a better idea for me as well as eliminating sweets, chips and eliminating rice, pasta and potatoes. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next few months holds. Good luck to everyone with their weight loss.
bbrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5'6

Okay, so I didn't realize the name of the shakes was prohibited and XXXXX out of my post. I'm starting the vegetable protein shakes tomorrow.
bbrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/311.2/190 (?)

Height: 5'9

I attended a seminar last night and am now signed up and ready to start on Monday!!! My husband and I are starting it together. Really looking forward to it!!
kimberah is offline   Reply With Quote