Old 03-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/188/163

Height: 5'5"

Default Mentality

Is there something you say to yourself regarding this diet every day? Lately I've just been thinking "get it done already". (: You? Just curious...
claygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #2  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good question! Thought provoking. Plan, stay with it, it's working!
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by claygirl View Post
Is there something you say to yourself regarding this diet every day? Lately I've just been thinking "get it done already". (: You? Just curious...
Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. That's not just something I tell myself on P1, but something I want to carry with me into P4.
socalgirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/188/163

Height: 5'5"

I love these answers! I'm collecting them for a positive mentality. (:
claygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

socal girl, thats the truth I went to a family party this weekend. Allot of the people didnt expect the skinny version of me they saw, they were shocked. Some people were really nice and congratulatory, others just ignored me which really hurt my feelings People cant just be happy for me.
some people told me I need to finally eat....I just dnt get it. I struggled allot to get where I am, I feel great about myself and I know I look awesome, thats what keeps me going. Let haters be motivators
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #6  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

When my brain wanders to "I can't wait until I weigh xx lbs............", I really try hard to refocus.

I really am trying to ENJOY the journey this time around. I know this might sound cliche', but I've lost significant weight two times before and like most of us here on 3FC, I gained it back. I know what it feels like to be thinner and of course love that feeling, but I want to enjoy the process and appreciate each step along the weight loss this time. Don't rush it: allow myself to feel the better flexibility in my body, the better range of motion in my muscles, thinning stomach muffin-top, zipping up smaller jeans, fitting in my husbands sweatpants, clasping the tightest clasp on my bra, being able to paint my own toenails, liking the thinner face and not minding my side profile in the mirror, etc, etc, etc.

In the past, my "diets" have always been about getting thin. This time I think/hope I've come to a place in my life where I'm realizing IT is so much more than that. I'm grieving a little along the way knowing that there are old eating habits that I just WON'T be able to go back to. If I immediately allow these old habits to start after I've been successful (i.e. lost the weight and hit goal) then I am finally realizing/accepting the fact that the weight will come back (and statistically probably more than I started from).

I tell myself, NOW is the easy part. The END of the journey will NOT be when I've hit goal weight. This is a lie we all tell ourselves, but it is the farthest from the truth. The HARD part is going to be keeping this weight off! When I open up my food choices in P4 maintenance and have to learn to stop at a taste or a bite rather than having a ridiculous serving size. I know I will have to continue to eat low carb and very cautiously allow sugar in or I will easily ignite that carb addiction that puts me in a frame of mind that only cares about the next sugar high!

I don't want this period of my life (losing the unhealthy weight) to be for naught. I tell myself to focus on the next chapter, the next part of the journey - how to keep it off! Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

This is such a funny question for me because I really had to think about it. To tell you the truth I dont think of my "diet" everyday. I am very committed to this new way of life (not "diet") and I think that is going to be my key in not only losing the weight but keeping it off forever.
What I do think of is the way I feel and that is much better since starting IP. I have more energy and can do more things with my family already, I can't even begin to think of the possibilities of what I can do once I reach goal.
Mother of the Groom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Keep Calm and Get Healthy!
It's a process, it's a process, change takes time!

I completely agree with Jen, I am excited about looking and feeling great this summer, but I am really enjoying the journey to that point. I am planning on doing a half marathon as soon as I am able to after goal. I used to love to run...this time around I won't allow weight to come in between and will keep it up to maintain a healthy me that I love!
mquinn106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'6

I always just think positive and my support I have is amazing.
ann306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

I am the instant gratification sort - I want results and I want them now. Might partially explain why I am so overweight

I too realize it will take time and it is a lifestyle change but emotionally I want it to happen FAST.
Spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 326/SEE TRACKER/163

Height: 5'7"

I talk to myself frequently....hang in there, you can do it!!! is my favorite, or girl, you know that cookie is not worth it, lol
MSDEEDEE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
socal girl, thats the truth I went to a family party this weekend. Allot of the people didnt expect the skinny version of me they saw, they were shocked. Some people were really nice and congratulatory, others just ignored me which really hurt my feelings People cant just be happy for me.
some people told me I need to finally eat....I just dnt get it. I struggled allot to get where I am, I feel great about myself and I know I look awesome, thats what keeps me going. Let haters be motivators
LexiChanel that's funny I went to a family party and had the same thing happen this weekend. Some people were shocked and some made remarks about how "starving" myself was just going to bring the weight back faster than it came off (who said I was starving???). People always want to know your secret and the second you mention anything about carbs they cut in and say how that's not sustainable blah blah blah...funny because I finally realize that when people want to know your secret they actually want to only know if it involves them having to do absolutely nothing different! It's the reason so many millions of people fall for infomericals (myself included) that start with... want to eat anything you want, not exercise and make no sacrifices....of course I WANT THAT but does that work? Looking at the obesity rate I'm going to have to say NO! Truth of the matter is being healthy is a decision you have to make at every moment of your life, not while you're dieting or even at just a meal. It's a life decision. It is unfortunate that during this weight loss journey I've not only lost weight but I've also lost "friends" People I use to socialize with via eating/drinking etc. think that all of a sudden I'm not good enough to hang out with because I pack my own food or I'm "difficult" when I order my food, but as I mentioned in another post fitting into an airplane seat, taking the stairs without being out of breath and zipping up my pants without any problems on any given day makes all the sacrifices worth it. That's why I originally said nothing tastes as good as skinny feels because it's not just being a certain weight or size, but the whole body/physical experience of being skinny. As for the haters that can't just be happy for you, you have to forgive because I know how horrible it feels to be uncomfortable in your own skin and you build some relationships on sharing that feeling and now they feel alone. Just be there for them when they really want "your secret."
socalgirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Jen - you couldn't be more right. Since reaching maintenance, I have constantly said that I got to the "end of the beginning". Now the real work starts! I too tried to use the time on P1 wisely - get into the right head space for maintenance, getting control of my food choices, figuring out how I wanted to LIVE. Time will tell whether it pays off, but I can tell you that this is the FIRST diet I've seen through to the end, and I don't want to throw that away.

As for motivation, I kept a copy of THE photo handy - the one that made me finally VISUALIZE how bad I had let myself go. It was on my phone, and in my house in the kitchen. If temptation was barking in my ear, I looked at that photo. It was a sobering reminder to press forward, so that I would never go back to that.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #14  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

A lot of times, especially on the bad days I say:

It's not worth it

as in the food I crave or think I want.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #15  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

Food is Fuel not my Friend. Eating is for the company I keep while I do it. I say that to myself ALL the time. Trying to use P1 to be ready for the later times.
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote