Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 3/11/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #2  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Morning,

I posted last night but I guess no one saw it.

I've become very aware of my resting heart rate recently and noticed since starting IP in February that it's dropped between 55 to 65 BPM as opposed to before before it was between 75-80.

Anyone else notice this on IP?

I do take meds that could affect it- Wellbutrin, Lexapro and Metformin, but I've been taking those since December.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #3  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Don't notice the heart rate, but other that the 100 bathroom trips, I am sleeping better at night.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #4  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning all! Another small NSV for me this weekend...one of DH's buddies came over to visit, he came in the house, stopped and said "Okay, what did you do different? You look different." I laughed and DH was like "she is rocking this diet" and proceeded to tell him all about how much I've lost and how proud he is of me. It felt so good to have his buddy notice and then for him to gush about how amazing I looked!

Then last night I made salmon marinated in WF Sesame Ginger dressing, Steamed asparagus and cauliflower fried rice...DH was amazed at how good the "rice" was. I can totally see myself cooking like this for us forever. I don't even miss rice or pasta.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #5  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Happy Monday everyone. Weekend was busy and I fell off the wagon a bit...I hada few moments of guilt last night and realized that I hadn't felt guilty since starting IP. So today I am forgiving myself and moving forward OP. if my weight loss is not good this week, so be it. Live and Learn.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Yup, my resting heart rate has totally dropped down to where yours is. I'm not on any meds now and wasn't on any bp meds before but be sure to keep your doctor in the loop as you go to be sure you're on the right medications - if you even need them anymore!

I was type II diabetic - on insulin and metformin - when I started and was off insulin in 10 days and off metformin in four months.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Hi everyone, Friday I spent a few hours going through the recipes threads and tried a few this weekend that were hits not only with me but my family too.

Friday night we had BBQ hamburgers with "potato" salad made from cauliflower, it was fantastic and already have requests for that again.

Saturday I made the mock shepards pie, I did add a bit of wf BBQ sauce to the meat and sprinkled the mashed cauliflower with Cajun seasoning before baking, served with a salad was a great meal.

Sunday I made a roast in my crockpot and for the "gravy" I used a purée of cauliflower, mushrooms, green pepper and some of the stock from the roast. Amazing gravy.

Tonight I'm trying the recipe for crockpot chicken, I'm sure it will be as good as the rest of the recipes I've tried so far. I would highly recommend taking the time to read all the recipe threads and try something new.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'6

Hello, Iam new to this forum and have lost 9.8 pounds and 12 inches. Today is my one month mark on ideal protein. I have spoken to my IP coach and she stated that if you use birth control, or have a contraceptive patch you should be careful and use protection. I have an iud (mirnera) and is it the same. I have spoken to a pharmacist and they said not to worry,as an iud blocks the uterine line. Does anyone have info,please share. This is causing a lot of stress for me.. Also I was told that u will lose weight slower on a iud. Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #9  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
Hi everyone, Friday I spent a few hours going through the recipes threads and tried a few this weekend that were hits not only with me but my family too.

Friday night we had BBQ hamburgers with "potato" salad made from cauliflower, it was fantastic and already have requests for that again.

Saturday I made the mock shepards pie, I did add a bit of wf BBQ sauce to the meat and sprinkled the mashed cauliflower with Cajun seasoning before baking, served with a salad was a great meal.

Sunday I made a roast in my crockpot and for the "gravy" I used a purée of cauliflower, mushrooms, green pepper and some of the stock from the roast. Amazing gravy.

Tonight I'm trying the recipe for crockpot chicken, I'm sure it will be as good as the rest of the recipes I've tried so far. I would highly recommend taking the time to read all the recipe threads and try something new.

Have a great day everyone!
Hmm...cauliflower "potato" salad sounds interesting! Cauliflower has got to be the most versatile veggie ever! LOL I've thought about making Shepard's pie but I like corn in mine...what do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann306 View Post
Hello, Iam new to this forum and have lost 9.8 pounds and 12 inches. Today is my one month mark on ideal protein. I have spoken to my IP coach and she stated that if you use birth control, or have a contraceptive patch you should be careful and use protection. I have an iud (mirnera) and is it the same. I have spoken to a pharmacist and they said not to worry,as an iud blocks the uterine line. Does anyone have info,please share. This is causing a lot of stress for me.. Also I was told that u will lose weight slower on a iud. Thanks
I don't know for sure but the Mirena hormones go directly to the uterus not thru your system so I wouldn't imagine that it should fail. Maybe there is someone here that has experience with it...I had mine removed and not replaced because I was afraid it was the reason I wasn't losing weight (before IP) but it made no difference...I still never lost any weight until IP.

Last edited by mrskuby; 03-11-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #10  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Down 2.2 this week! Am within normal weight range for my age and height and have normal BMI, and have had smaller losses the last few weeks (1-1.2 pounds). So nice to see a bigger loss this week
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #11  
IP diet initiation 3/4/13

S/C/G: 203.4/196/160-size 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning all! Another small NSV for me this weekend...one of DH's buddies came over to visit, he came in the house, stopped and said "Okay, what did you do different? You look different." I laughed and DH was like "she is rocking this diet" and proceeded to tell him all about how much I've lost and how proud he is of me. It felt so good to have his buddy notice and then for him to gush about how amazing I looked!

Then last night I made salmon marinated in WF Sesame Ginger dressing, Steamed asparagus and cauliflower fried rice...DH was amazed at how good the "rice" was. I can totally see myself cooking like this for us forever. I don't even miss rice or pasta.
So happy to know your DH is SOOO SUPPORTIVE. It adds a lil spice doesn't it Despite the fact that I cut 12" of my hair off. I'm waiting to hear someone noticing my weight loss. I still haven't perfected the cauliflower rice
Old 03-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Mrskuby,
I think you can play with the shepards pie recipe a bit, the next time I make it I will use a purée of vegs and broth to make more of a gravy for the meat layer(I like mine to be a little more moist). Also thinking of adding some asparagus or green bean pieces into the meat because you can add your 2 cups veggies into the recipe and serve with a lettuce salad.
I made a large casserole for the whole family but I think I am going to try to find individual boats to make in next time so I'm sure I get the right portions of meat and vegs.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #13  
IP diet initiation 3/4/13

S/C/G: 203.4/196/160-size 10

Good Morning everyone!!!

I spent most of my day yesterday in the glorious sun cleaning outside and inside. OH BOY do I feel it today!! Also, I had a bad dream last night, I drank a bottle of wine I woke up with a headache and guilt. Then on my way to work I started tearing up. Not sure if IP makes us emotional or if the guilt of drinking a bottle of wine in my sleep made me tear up.......

MOTG - I'm coming to your house for dinner. All of it sounds WONDERFUL!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #14  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Hello all! What's your thoughts on corn beef cabbage? Isn't ip safe minus the potatoes and onions?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Would also be interested in the "potato" salad recipe! Last night I made home-made chicken sausage, eggs, and roasted broccoli (I roasted with garlic and rosemary, delish!!).

Now this is probably from the broccoli, but last night I had the most painful gas I've ever experienced in my life! Sorry if TMI...but I was a little freaked out. Felt like really bad menstrual cramps which would be early but not unheard of on IP. Anyone else have this problem?
Closed Thread