Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default Fat Flush

I'd like to start a thread for support of anyone on or going on Fat Flush. It is a reduced carb plan and a whole foods plan. No sugar, salt, yeast, flour, wheat. Nothing processed. I've had great success in the past and I am committing to 14 days. It's hard and there is a detox involved with flu like symptoms for the first few days (super, I know). But after that...the best I ever felt. So....anyone want in, post away....if not, I'll jump in on another low carb. Which is harder since I don't do fake sugar either. Or processed meat. Ok...looking forward to anyone on it.
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #2  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Do you have her books? I bought a few of them several years ago, but I never really followed them... actually, when I was digging out my old Atkins books I came across them, but I didn't look at them so I can't really remember the plan... I'm curious now to take a look...

I'm currently doing low carb... which for me means no bread, no pasta, no potatoes, and I've also cut out all grains... and no beans either... and I pretty much avoid all processed food... So no HFCS... and I've never really been a fan of artificial sweeteners so those aren't really a problem for me... I am still trying to figure out where "added sugar" fits in though... I've been reading Dr. Lustig's "Fat Chance" and I'm really starting to think sugar was more of problem for me than I realized... and even though I'm eating very little... pretty much the only thing that I have these days that has "added sugar" is a few squares of really dark organic chocolate as a "treat"... I still find that I can get pretty intense sugar cravings, which for me is a bit strange since I was never really big on sweets...

So definitely still a "work in progress" trying to figure out what exactly needs to be cut out and what I can slowly maybe add back....AND keep the weight off at the same time... that's turning out to be a lot harder this time around...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #3  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I'm on Dukan, which is low carb and low fat and focused on whole foods, although you are allowed to have no/low fat dairy, which is a big selling point for me. No sugars, grains and starches other than a small portion of oat bran (different from oatmeal) each day. I do personally have a small amount of artificial sweetener but just one packet once or twice a day, usually.

I found that taking extra potassium (along with a good multivitamin) helped a lot with getting through that initial "induction" phase. And I completely agree that once I get through that, I feel fantastic!

I think there are so many different low carb plans out there, it's sometimes hard to find someone doing the exact same one, so I wanted to say hello and good luck!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
Do you have her books? I bought a few of them several years ago, but I never really followed them... actually, when I was digging out my old Atkins books I came across them, but I didn't look at them so I can't really remember the plan... I'm curious now to take a look...

I'm currently doing low carb... which for me means no bread, no pasta, no potatoes, and I've also cut out all grains... and no beans either... and I pretty much avoid all processed food... So no HFCS... and I've never really been a fan of artificial sweeteners so those aren't really a problem for me... I am still trying to figure out where "added sugar" fits in though... I've been reading Dr. Lustig's "Fat Chance" and I'm really starting to think sugar was more of problem for me than I realized... and even though I'm eating very little... pretty much the only thing that I have these days that has "added sugar" is a few squares of really dark organic chocolate as a "treat"... I still find that I can get pretty intense sugar cravings, which for me is a bit strange since I was never really big on sweets...

So definitely still a "work in progress" trying to figure out what exactly needs to be cut out and what I can slowly maybe add back....AND keep the weight off at the same time... that's turning out to be a lot harder this time around...
I do have her books. I hate doing it but it works, ya know? LOL. It really does kill all cravings...I become one of those people we all hate....I forget to eat. First few days are tough though. Let me know what you think if you get around to reading it.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
I'm on Dukan, which is low carb and low fat and focused on whole foods, although you are allowed to have no/low fat dairy, which is a big selling point for me. No sugars, grains and starches other than a small portion of oat bran (different from oatmeal) each day. I do personally have a small amount of artificial sweetener but just one packet once or twice a day, usually.

I found that taking extra potassium (along with a good multivitamin) helped a lot with getting through that initial "induction" phase. And I completely agree that once I get through that, I feel fantastic!

I think there are so many different low carb plans out there, it's sometimes hard to find someone doing the exact same one, so I wanted to say hello and good luck!
Thank you very much! No dairy on this.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #6  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I got around to taking a look at the books... and I remembered why I never used them... it was the whole drinking the cranberry juice and water to "detox" thing... just didn't make any sense to me... but I'm not a fan of "detox" type diets for weight loss... But other than drinking that cranberry and water concoction I don't see why you shouldn't lose weight on her plan since it it pretty calorie restricted... It looks like it starts at between 1200 to 1400 calories a day for awhile before you start adding back in foods... So it's a variation on an "elimination" diet... and those definitely work since you're cutting out whole food groups and all the associated calories that come with them...

Now as to whether or not there are associated health benefits and metabolic advantages to eliminating certain foods... well that's a whole other debate... which everyone has to figure out on their own... and one that I'm still trying to figure out for myself... but I'm getting there... slowly but surely...

But unfortunately, I'm starting to think that the only way that I'm going to be able to do a real "Fat Flush" of these last few pounds is with some lipo...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #7  

Oh, well I have done this in the past. In Feb 2005 I started and by October I had lost 86 lbs. I managed to keep it off for about a year then gained it back. I don't know why it works....It bugs me that it does...lol....but it does. The rebounding, dry brushing, bathing with oils for lymph...got rid of all cellulite and I lost so many inches...I wore a size 6/8 for the first time in my life and my bra size wentt to a C...never happened before. No loose skin. Never felt better. But it was tough to stay on because at the time, nobody was gluten, wheat, dairy, salt, yeast free. Now, people are. Look at my picture trail....you can see my change (it's in my sig). It's not that low in calories. Phase I I've been logging and day 1 2073, day 2 1727. Most of those are vegetable calories (I eat a lot of veggies). I may over estimate veggie calories so it could be less, but it's not a low calorie thing. Like I said....I don't know why it works..she has a lot of theory in her book....maybe she's right? LOL...I'll post my week 1 weigh in on Monday and see if it still holds the magic for me (I lost 11 lbs the first week before).