Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

another newbie on day 2 here! I was exhausted last night and barely had the energy to stay up late enough with my youngest who doesnt go to bed until 10 pm! I woke up this morning with a headache.. which I am sure is from my caffeine withdrawals from diet coke (may have a tea later to help with that).. but already after my first shake this morning and some water i feel a little bit better!
we can do this!!!!
DannaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5'4

I am soooo hungry! Cardboard sounds good right about now. I have had my breakfast and lunch..actually, just got done with lunch about 30 minutes ago and I feel sick from hunger. Weak, tired, focus problems.

I am thinking I will have to have an extra protein pack, seriously. Will that mess my diet up?

I did lose 2-3 lbs already, though!!

Let's hang in there newbie team!!
pinkeetoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkeetoz View Post
I am soooo hungry! Cardboard sounds good right about now. I have had my breakfast and lunch..actually, just got done with lunch about 30 minutes ago and I feel sick from hunger. Weak, tired, focus problems.

I am thinking I will have to have an extra protein pack, seriously. Will that mess my diet up?

I did lose 2-3 lbs already, though!!

Let's hang in there newbie team!!
In your first week, you can have an extra packet to deal with bad hunger - but have you tried drinking something first? Thirst often masks as hunger, if 20 minutes after you drink you're still hungry, then it's probably real hunger.

One of the BIGGEST lessons I learned in Phase 1 was the difference between REAL hunger and MENTAL hunger. Our brains conspire against our weight loss ambitions by making us THINK we are hungry when really there are other things going on (thirst, boredom).
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #19  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

One of Scorbett's pearl's of wisdom from several other threads "have a big bowl of lettuce. If you don't want that it's probably not real hunger." Not sure I got the quote exactly right but that's the jest of it.

Don't be surprised if day 3 or 4 aren't the worst (it was day 4 for me). Power through it and you'll be happy you did.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #20  

A couple of hours after lunch I used up my snack and I ate dinner about 5 hours later. So, I did make it without having to eat an extra protein packet. Took all of my vitamins and am trying to down my last 16 oz of water now. I sure hope tomorrow is a little easier.

How are you other newbies doing?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:01 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 166.4/169.1/135

Height: 5'3"

Another newbie here just finished day 4. My headache was much less today, but I certainly was moody! My husband is off of work tomorrow which would usually mean a glass if wine and snacks while watching a movie. I think knowing I would not be indulging in my favourite treats made me cranky. It is nuts the power food has over us! I certainly look forward to my meal times, and have found most of the IP food pretty good. I haven't stepped on the scale to see if the hard work is paying off. On previous diets when I have had a good loss it is almost a license to 'cheat' so I am sticking with weigh in day (Monday). I am in an isolated part if Northern Canada without an IP centre close by, so am actually doing this 'long distance' with my coach over the phone. She is great. Reading these posts have also really helped.
Alemap1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #22  

I agree, the food is good.

On day 4!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #23  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemap1981 View Post
Another newbie here just finished day 4. My headache was much less today, but I certainly was moody! My husband is off of work tomorrow which would usually mean a glass if wine and snacks while watching a movie. I think knowing I would not be indulging in my favourite treats made me cranky. It is nuts the power food has over us! I certainly look forward to my meal times, and have found most of the IP food pretty good. I haven't stepped on the scale to see if the hard work is paying off. On previous diets when I have had a good loss it is almost a license to 'cheat' so I am sticking with weigh in day (Monday). I am in an isolated part if Northern Canada without an IP centre close by, so am actually doing this 'long distance' with my coach over the phone. She is great. Reading these posts have also really helped.
I have been doing this for 12 weeks now and I sometimes get what I call "angry hungry" I warned DH last night was one of those nights. Not sure what causes it, I eat about the same thing everyday but once in a while I feel like "if I don't eat NOW I am going to hurt someone". Once I eat, then I am back to my old cheery self!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
I have been doing this for 12 weeks now and I sometimes get what I call "angry hungry" I warned DH last night was one of those nights. Not sure what causes it, I eat about the same thing everyday but once in a while I feel like "if I don't eat NOW I am going to hurt someone". Once I eat, then I am back to my old cheery self!
Hahaha, "hangry" is what I call it!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 345/255/175

Height: 5'10

It goes away! Power through, you can do it!
Alaskagirl92128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #26  

Yesterday, day 4, was a good bit easier for me, thank God!

I am down 4 lbs this morning

Since beginning, I've had the chocolate shake (delicious) the vanilla shake (ok) apples and cinnamon (delicious) dill chips (delicious) vanilla pudding (good) broccoli and cheese soup (love love love0

I have about 6 more days of food left and I just placed an order to keep me going for a few more days on the IP food but will certainly be looking for alternatives that are not as expensive.

**I would love suggestions on alternatives foods, what tastes good and where to order. Thanks!!

Last edited by pinkeetoz; 03-09-2013 at 10:38 AM.