General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #1  

Question Thoughts on which diet is best for me?

Hi,

I was on the SBD before and am currently starting again. I lost 20 lbs and put back on 10 lbs. So, right now I am trying to lose 10 lbs.

I'd like to find a diet that has a good balance of healthy foods - I hate having to completely give up good grains in Phase 1 of the SBD, it plays havoc with my body. I tried WW a few years back and it didn't seem to work for me like it did when I was in my 30's.

My weight is carried kind of all over - I'm 5' 4" and currently weigh 145. I tend to carry in my stomach and hips/thighs. I know 10 lbs doesn't seem like a lot but I really can't afford to buy new clothes right now and don't want to!

I'm 48 years old, have multiple sclerosis so my energy level is an issue. I find diets that are too restrictive make me even more tired. It seems like a Mediterranean diet of some sort might be a good choice (except for the fish which I don't eat). I'm not a huge veggie eater which is always a challenge but I try!

Thanks for your advice and ideas
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

This is a weak answer, but I would suggest going with your own thing rather than a formal diet plan, eating the low calorie food that you know works for you but very carefully watching those portion sizes.

For example, I have just had raw mushrooms and a few grapes for breakfast. You won't find that in a diet book, but it did me just fine.

Last edited by IanG; 03-09-2013 at 08:56 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexigrl64 View Post
Hi,

I'm 48 years old, have multiple sclerosis so my energy level is an issue. I find diets that are too restrictive make me even more tired. It seems like a Mediterranean diet of some sort might be a good choice (except for the fish which I don't eat). I'm not a huge veggie eater which is always a challenge but I try!
Isn't the SBD a Mediterranean type of diet? It seems as if I've read or heard that somewhere. I could be wrong.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote