Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Default All I want to do eat, eat, eat!

So after 27 weeks of being 100% on plan, all I have wanted to do for the past 2 days is EAT!!!!!!!!!!

Not TOMs fault... that showed up early and is gone now. I swear if it wasn't for a friend yesterday, and trying to "cheat within reason" I would have dove face first into a cheesecake yesterday.

I ended up having 3 restricteds yesterday and 1 non-restricted and my protein meal.

I guess part of the program that is hard for me is that I am allergic to gluten, so I am pretty limited on the products. I have a few of the different bars and the drink mixes. Up until the past week or so, I have been absolutely fine with that. But yesterday and today I want to actually chew something other than vegatables!

I have been stuck for 10 days with no weight loss, but after 6 months and 87 pounds, to have my first stall isn't unreasonable, yes?

I don't want to quit. I really don't. But I don't know how long I can resist the need (want?) to have something different.

This is the real kicker.... I am not actually craving anything. It used to be the thought of cheesecake would make me drool and act like an idiot. Now it's like, yeah, I guess that would be nice.

SO... for other long timers - how do you get past this? Do you have a day where you just go off program and eat what you want and then go back? Do you take a break for a week? I am afraid if I take a break, I won't go back. I still have 73 pounds to lose.

**SIGH**
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #2  

leptin is probably responsible for making you want to eat, esp if you are still in ketosis. You might want to do some reading. I also learned recently that serotonin receptors can play a big role. Serotonin and dopamine can be easily regulated with supplements. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you in the right direction to find out the info.

I'm soy AND gluten free so I completely understand about limited choices. Make yourself some wonderful recipes and add salads with lunch and dinner. I make zucchini/banana pudding muffins and potato/zucchini rolls. I've been eating a lot of stir fried veggies and then my salads

today I'm having a big veggie omelet (kinda like egg foo young).

If you ate extra restricteds, you still stuck with on-plan foods...now it's just time to regroup! I'm down 70 and still have 45 to go. I get it. It is a long road.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
So after 27 weeks of being 100% on plan, all I have wanted to do for the past 2 days is EAT!!!!!!!!!!

Not TOMs fault... that showed up early and is gone now. I swear if it wasn't for a friend yesterday, and trying to "cheat within reason" I would have dove face first into a cheesecake yesterday.

I ended up having 3 restricteds yesterday and 1 non-restricted and my protein meal.

I guess part of the program that is hard for me is that I am allergic to gluten, so I am pretty limited on the products. I have a few of the different bars and the drink mixes. Up until the past week or so, I have been absolutely fine with that. But yesterday and today I want to actually chew something other than vegatables!

I have been stuck for 10 days with no weight loss, but after 6 months and 87 pounds, to have my first stall isn't unreasonable, yes?

I don't want to quit. I really don't. But I don't know how long I can resist the need (want?) to have something different.

This is the real kicker.... I am not actually craving anything. It used to be the thought of cheesecake would make me drool and act like an idiot. Now it's like, yeah, I guess that would be nice.

SO... for other long timers - how do you get past this? Do you have a day where you just go off program and eat what you want and then go back? Do you take a break for a week? I am afraid if I take a break, I won't go back. I still have 73 pounds to lose.

**SIGH**
If WUV wasn't working so much lately, I'm sure she'd chime in. She has been on this program longer than ANYONE. She has NEVER gone off plan. No breaks, even through stalls and gains.

My advice would be to shake things up WITHIN the protocol. Search out new things to make with the packets you can have. Try new recipes. There are MANY fabulous cooks here who have shared their recipes with the forum. Pick a vegetable from the list that you haven't tried before.

Going off plan, taking a break is not just a slippery slope. It sets you back in terms of how long you will end up being in Phase 1. If you're already struggling with being on it for a long time, why would you make yourself stay on it even longer??? Also do you really want to have to go through getting into ketosis again? That first week was unpleasant enough that I never wanted to repeat it.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

I would move on and stay 100% OP. Dont cheat, trust me it puts you 2 weeks behind each time you cheat. I did it once and fell 2 weeks behind and I didnt achieve my goal weight for an event in January, I was bummed. Soooooo bad idea to cheat, stay OP.
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Don't cheat! Maybe your body is telling you it needs something. I agree with Scorbett on shaking things up a little.

Also, if you really need to eat extra of something do some extra protein. It will keep you fuller longer, and will not knock you out of ketosis. Maybe try adding a little more oil too.

I wouldn't worry about the weight not changing for 10 days. You'll probably have a nice whoosh soon if you stick to the protocol.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

I have been feeling the same way lately. I have a couple of egg whites with veggies for lunch and salad at night if I need it. I make a dressing with evoo, malt vinegar and Mrs Dash original that is surprisingly delish!!
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #7  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I faced something like this around 90 lbs lost. I know I eat when stressed, but did not realize at the time when I was feeling so needy for food (not hungry really - just prowling for food for a few days), it was stress talking to me. Once that light bulb came on, it really helped me know I wasn't starving and I found other things to do that helped. The other times I've been really feeling hungry has been when I had packets with Aspartame in them (my alternative hot chocolate has it in there). It doesn't affect everyone, but it does cause me to feel hungry.
You have been on plan for awhile now so you know how it can feel easy some days. You might just take a look at what's changed in your routine - work, exercise, food choices, etc that might have caused the change. You can get through this!
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Your thread title made me want to sing "all she wants to do is dance" by Don Henley. I've felt like you at times but I've made myself focus on what I can have, what I can do and not the 'can't' things. As others have said try to mix it up with new veggies or a new way of using your packets. Make a to go meal and go eat somewhere different. Or just put on some good music and do a little dancing to release some frustration and get your happy hormones back up.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #9  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Im a relative newbie..about 7 weeks on plan but youve got some good advice here...i cant add anything but just know that we are rooting for you..85 lbs gone is awsome..pretty soon you will be able to say 100!!!!!!!!!
jeffiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #10  

Thank you all for the responses. I know in my head what cheatign will do. And I don't want to cheat. I dont even want any specific food.. so it isn't a craving or that I am even hungry.

I do tend to eat when emotional or stressed, so I need to sit back and think about what has been happening this week that may have triggered this.

I am going to pull a bunch of recipes as well so I can give myself some different options.

I am pretty sure I am not in ketosis any more after 3, no wait..... 4 restricteds yesterday and 1 non-restricted. that is a lot of carbs. like 70 grams of carbs just in IP products. not inluding my veggies and meat.

It has also helped to know that it isn't just me, that others go thru similar feelings, or other things. I am so terrified of this not working any more - and I have to figure out why I can't get out of the 190's. What is holding me back?
Old 03-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I feel ya, sister. I am a stress eater for sure and am close to caving tonight--despite already having 2 restricted items so far today. It feels similar to when I quit smoking...an irrational thought that if I just cave, then I won't feel stressed anymore and can get back on plan. I am trying to remind myself--just like I did to quit smoking--that feeding that monkey is only going to keep him strong enough to derail me again in the future.

Good luck. Know you're not alone.
Ojenchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
leptin is probably responsible for making you want to eat, esp if you are still in ketosis. You might want to do some reading. I also learned recently that serotonin receptors can play a big role. Serotonin and dopamine can be easily regulated with supplements. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you in the right direction to find out the info.

I'm soy AND gluten free so I completely understand about limited choices. Make yourself some wonderful recipes and add salads with lunch and dinner. I make zucchini/banana pudding muffins and potato/zucchini rolls. I've been eating a lot of stir fried veggies and then my salads

If you ate extra restricteds, you still stuck with on-plan foods...now it's just time to regroup! I'm down 70 and still have 45 to go. I get it. It is a long road.
Can you please send me the info-I am always hungry.
Thanks!!!!
LizJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #13  

Thank you all again for your support. I was back to 100% on Saturday and Sunday and mentally feel better for not eating anything off program.

It is interesting how for the first time in 6 months, stress has really gotten to me and I fell into an old habit without even realizing it. Makes you realize how easy it is to slip and see how we got to where we did to begin with.

I am going to figure out some red flags to use for myself when I see that I am reaching for more than my allotted food. Perhaps a visual of some sort to say hey - do you really wan that or is it stress.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #14  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

YOU CAN DO IT! Think of how bad you want to drop the weight!
fitandfabfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/177/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post

**SIGH**
Kat -- Me, too. I completely get it. I'm down 60 lbs but I have been struggling with cravings the last few weeks. Mine are pretty specific. I've been fine for months, 100% OP. I've had a few stressful events in the last few weeks, but nothing that's new. I worked at a trade show event the last few days. All the companies have chocolate candy in their exhibits. Just smelling it, watching other people eat it or, worse, talking to a prospective client while they were chewing a Dove bar drove me crazy. I had to leave the building a few times and drank a lot more coffee than I should have. The last day I brought two restricted bars and ate them. Up until a few weeks ago none of this would have bothered me. Where the heck did that come from?!?

I have 30 lbs to go. I thought I was just going to be able to power my way through to goal. It's alarming because I thought I had conquered the feeling of wanting, wanting, wanting a particular food.

I'm really good at planning my meals and making sure I have my food with me for the day. I don't have the challenges of some IP'ers as I can eat all of the IP choices, and I make an effort to cook creatively and eat a lot of variety in my main meal. I actually think most of the IP foods are quite good, so I can't blame it on boredom.

I feel like something else is going on. I can't spend the rest of my life running away from my trigger foods -- meaning if I have it around me or other people are enjoying it, I want to be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Lisa, would you please post the info on the supplements? I think this is such a big issue for all of us. Thanks.
petchef is offline   Reply With Quote