Old 03-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Smile Starting MRC for the first time, scared!

I'm just scared it won't work, I have had such a tough time losing on other plans, and have spent the last 8-9 months on my own (not successful) version of a low carb plan. I went in for my consultation and came out near tears, I am hopeful but afraid to be hopeful if that makes any kind of sense.

Anyway, shopping tonight for pre-conditioning the rest of the week, then I will really start on Monday. They are going over the food class with me privately since I am out of town on Fridays when the classes are held.

So glad to find this board, will read lots and lots. I think this will really help!
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #2  

I was scared too and terrified of throwing more money away. I had tried other diets and actually managed to gain weight on WW. It has worked for me, but much slower than they said it would. I lose about 1-2lbs a week, but I do lose. I'm down 13lbs now and I started early Jan. Good luck and we're here for you!
corisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Monkey, don't be afraid. MRC has SOOOO many menus and you are working with a consultant- they view it as their job to absolutely MAKE it work for you. They will find a plan that works for your body.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #4  

I gained on WW too! That is part of why I worry that it won't work. I already know that 3 lbs. a week isn't likely for me. But I do need help!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

Monkeysocks, I haven't lost the 3-5 lbs a week they said 'could happen' either but I have lost on average 2-2.5 lbs a week, some weeks more and some weeks less; I'm fine with my weight loss because I know there are varibles like my age, my body and hormones, etc that makes my weight loss different from others. I really like the accountiblity with this program, it keeps me in check and on track plus it's nice to have the extra support.

You can do this because you are worth it and we're here to root you on all the way!
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/214/140

Height: 5'6

You can do it! My weight lose has been slow but I can tell in my clothes that inches are coming off.
Dcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #7  

You can do it. If you follow this diet to the exact... IT WORKS. I was a skeptic at first, but held strong and it worked.
I went from 16 to 5 in my program!
arcunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #8  

Thanks to everybody! I got off to a good start, lost two pounds during pre-conditioning and another two pounds in the first couple days. This is a lot for me, as I haven't even had the initial loss in the last few plans I tried.

I am trying to follow the plan to the letter, I know in the past I have fiddled with things and that is part of why I didn't succeed. Next weigh in on Monday, will be excited to see what's up.

I do have to say I feel great! The extra protein and vitamins have done wonders for my energy level. This is a real boost right now as I am getting ready to move soon and have LOTS to do. I have even been feeling like I want to exercise, not just should. Have to find a way to incorporate some of that too.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/174/160

Height: 5' 5''

Congratulations on your first losses! That's great! There are so many great recipes both on this board and in the cookbook. My biggest suggestion to newbies (after being on the program for a couple of months now) is to VARY what you eat. Don't get in a rut of the same thing over and over or you may get bored. Good luck, and great job so far!
peg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #10  

Thanks for the advice on varying meals, I need to look at the recipes and start mixing it up, for my husband's sake if not just mine. I have always been a basic meat, veggie, starch type eater so I haven't minded the meals at all, but he likes more variety. He isn't dieting, but trying to maintain weight he lost on another plan, so he eats with me but adds stuff.

Congrats Peg on your loss, wow 35 lbs, you must be feeling soooo much better than when you began!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #11  
Determined to get my life

S/C/G: 318.5/305.8/165

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome...it does work. But I will admit I was skeptical too. I lost 12 pounds really fast...I think I would be down more, but I ended up getting sick not eating and gaining...I am back to where I was before I got sick...now full steam ahead!
georgiaod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Don't be scared or I'll have to call you a fraidy cat lol. No seriously, this plan works....if you follow it the way it's meant to be.

Good luck to you on your journey to a new you!!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #13  

Well, I am not scared anymore, this plan is awesome! I am already down 14 lbs., in a bit over 3 weeks. I've eaten out during that time, and rarely been hungry except when I don't plan and miss meals. Learning how to plan better so that doesn't happen.
Keylani thanks for the encouragement, your stats are amazing!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #14  

This is a great plan, don't panic when you hit the dreaded 10 day plateau because if you hang in you will have a really good loss a few days from then. It is a great plan. I can't do WW because just too many ways for me to goof up. I just make up my mind no matter how hungry I feel in the beginning I won't even allow a lick off of the plan and the girls at the center will really help. Hang in, you will love the results!
Skrytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #15  

Wow Keylani, your stats are amazing! Thanks for the motivation.
Skrytus is offline   Reply With Quote